HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Nyi-phx (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=692269)

BennyBST 10-14-2009 02:06 PM

Nyi-phx

Bergenheim + 4th for Yandle

Thoughts??

SomE 10-14-2009 02:54 PM

Sure why not

Alamo 10-14-2009 03:02 PM

No, not in a million years, and its not even close.*

*From a Phoenix Fan.

Edit: Prepare to get completely bashed from phoenix fans....

rt 10-14-2009 03:03 PM

Hell No!

macleod50 10-14-2009 03:07 PM

As an Isles fan, obviously.

Phoenix fans might want to slap you though.

DisgruntledHawkFan 10-14-2009 03:16 PM

You really need to see more of Yandle. One of the most underrated players in the NHL.

SLAPSHOT723 10-14-2009 03:49 PM

I don't know a lot about Yandle. Scouting report anyone?

madpooh 10-14-2009 04:20 PM

i think its fine as long as that 4th mean 4th overall

k1llua 10-14-2009 04:57 PM

No.

Absolutely not.

SniperHF 10-14-2009 05:24 PM

I'll ignore the value and simply point you to rt's post for the comments on that.

But in terms of organizational need...
Coyotes need defensemen with upside more than they need additional forwards. Especially offensive minded defensemen.

Alex28* 10-14-2009 05:57 PM

If by Bergenheim you mean Tavares, and by 4th you mean 4th overall next year, then maybe.

Otherwise http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...67/LOLWUT5.jpg

glassjaw* 10-14-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex28 (Post 21597965)
If by Bergenheim you mean Tavares, and by 4th you mean 4th overall next year, then maybe.

Maybe? Phoenix would have to add 2 1st's and Boedker to that deal, then maybe NYI would accept.

rt 10-14-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 21596486)
I don't know a lot about Yandle. Scouting report anyone?

Tremendous skater(really, really strong in this aspect, despite having good size), great shot from the point, great outlet passing(best on the team by far), excellent offensive instincts, especially when it comes to pinching. He has some defensive issues but has improved significantly from season to season, in that regard. Hell, he's improved from month to month. He also plays with an attitude, and is willing to drop the gloves if you get too much in his kitchen. His teammates love him, and with his wicked pissah, he's bound to be a fan favorite sooner than later. All in all, he's a very young, although fairly proven offensive defenseman. He's shown his talent in the NHL despite inept coaching from the NHL's worst, Wayne Gretzky. Despite contending with constant healthy scratches in favor of what fans consider the unanimous choice for team's worst player, David Hale, Yandle still managed to match Ed Jovanovski's points per game average, last season, for team best amongst blueliners. He's a young kid, and will only get better, as he consistently has throughout his entire career. All in all, his trade value is extremely high, but not nearly as high as his value to the team. He's one of the cornerstones of the franchise's future, and he's not getting traded. Period.

rt 10-14-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex28 (Post 21597965)

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassjaw (Post 21598027)
Maybe? Phoenix would have to add 2 1st's and Boedker to that deal, then maybe NYI would accept.

I guess it wouldn't be a trade thread at hfboards.com without posts like these.

worstfaceoffmanever 10-14-2009 08:10 PM

Phoenix need defensemen. They have a bajillion wingers as it is.

ducky 10-14-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 21599949)
Phoenix need defensemen. They have a bajillion wingers as it is.

Actually Phoenix is pretty loaded with good defense prospects...OEL, Summers, Goncharov, Stone...

What Phoenix really needs is an impact scorer!

That will be hard to trade for.

worstfaceoffmanever 10-14-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky (Post 21602918)
Actually Phoenix is pretty loaded with good defense prospects...OEL, Summers, Goncharov, Stone...

None of those guys are playing in the NHL though. Phoenix have a real shortage of NHL ready defensemen, and a surplus of NHL wingers, so Yandle has more value to the club than Bergenheim. Plus Yandle has pretty substantial offensive upside for a rearguard, which makes him an even more valuable commodity.

hbk 10-14-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 21603779)
None of those guys are playing in the NHL though. Phoenix have a real shortage of NHL ready defensemen, and a surplus of NHL wingers, so Yandle has more value to the club than Bergenheim. Plus Yandle has pretty substantial offensive upside for a rearguard, which makes him an even more valuable commodity.

Sean Sullivan is leading the AHL in points (although it is early) and is making a case to be top of the recall list.

Lepisto was a nice pickup this off-season as well (not to mention Aucoin and Vandameer who have really solidified things in Phoenix).

Edit - While they aren't in the system right now, OEL, Summers, and Goncharov are all expected to join the organization next year. This likely will spark some potential questions as who will move to make room (Aucoin is 36 and Jovo's contract expries at the end of next season).

Long and short of it, Phoenix's depth on D is fairly strong. Yandle's development thus far has been very good and he appears to have taken another step forward this year (again, it is early) and is thriving thus far under Tippet's system.

Overall, Phoenix's organizational depth is very good. They lack a true game breaker right now but I'm not convinced that Bergenheim would be much more than what they currently have on their roster (good young talent that needs to develop). Phoenix currently loading up their AHL leading San Antonio Rampage with their top Prospects. Porter, Boedker, Turris, MacLean, Kunitz, Tikhonov, Ahnelov, Montoya, etc. all developing on the farm.

Coyote_Fan 10-15-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky (Post 21602918)

What Phoenix really needs is an impact scorer!

That will be hard to trade for.

and Bergenheim is just the impact scorer we need :)

Otto91 10-15-2009 04:38 PM

I do think Bergy is in need of a new address or so it seems......Freddy Meyer could be a name to go as Hillen sits game after game.....

Bergy, Meyer and a 3rd pick for ?????

Yet Wang is content That Isles stay in the basement ...... Part of the plan rebuild from the draft....

CREW99AW 10-15-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto91 (Post 21611865)
I do think Bergy is in need of a new address or so it seems......Freddy Meyer could be a name to go as Hillen sits game after game.....

Bergy, Meyer and a 3rd pick for ?????

Yet Wang is content That Isles stay in the basement ...... Part of the plan rebuild from the draft....

I disagree about Bergenheim needing a new home.

Why is it that some nyi fans have no problem dumping hardworking,physical players like Bergy,while getting their boxers in a bunch over the potential of soft perimeter players like Schremp/Tambellini?

Pure Slaughter Value 10-15-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 21612480)

Why is it that some nyi fans have no problem dumping hardworking,physical players like Bergy,while getting their boxers in a bunch over the potential of soft perimeter players like Schremp/Tambellini?

Because the talent is there and the org is lacking in talent, so better to have players with little effort, drive and/or results than players that give their all every shift and do exactly what their skills allow them to do.

I cannot wait for the first time Schremp and Tambellini are on the same line and they go -3, with no shots in 15 min toi.

"But, but...they just need time to gel!!!!1!"

:shakehead

SLAPSHOT723 10-15-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 21612480)

I agree. Bergenheim is such a hard working player I don't understand why we would trade him.

CREW99AW 10-15-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value (Post 21614509)
Because the talent is there and the org is lacking in talent, so better to have players with little effort, drive and/or results than players that give their all every shift and do exactly what their skills allow them to do.

I cannot wait for the first time Schremp and Tambellini are on the same line and they go -3, with no shots in 15 min toi.

"But, but...they just need time to gel!!!!1!"

:shakehead

I'm not saying Bergenheim's some untouchable player,but he plays all out.I love his effort.He was on pace for 20 goals before injuries last season.He finished with 15 goals last yr.I think that's about 2x as many as Tambellini finished with.

Bergy plays a more physical game,works harder defensively and has proven to be a better nhl scorer then Schremp/Tambellini.I'm scratching my head why he needs a change of scenery.

Pure Slaughter Value 10-15-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 21614707)
I'm not saying Bergenheim's some untouchable player,but he plays all out.I love his effort.He was on pace for 20 goals before injuries last season.He finished with 15 goals last yr.I think that's about 2x as many as Tambellini finished with.

Bergy plays a more physical game,works harder defensively and has proven to be a better nhl scorer then Schremp/Tambellini.I'm scratching my head why he needs a change of scenery.

u

Totally agree with you, just pointing out what posters feel here, on Mania and on a couple of other boards. Bergy's one of my favorite players, though I'd love a little more consistency.