HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: nashville needs to make a move (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=693622)

lightning_legwand* 10-18-2009 03:19 AM

nashville needs to make a move

Even NYI have 3 more goals scored than the preds. Only 4 players on Nashville have even scored this season. It is absoultely ridiculous. We are dead last as far as GPG goes this season. On paper Nashville is not great, nor are they terrible. But something has to happen as far as acquiring a top 6 forward.
It is just getting insane that we have still not acquired a top 6 forward. Any other team in the NHL would have made a move by now if they desperately needed to fill a need. We had all of the offseason, and free agency and still haven't done anything. As a Predators fan is getting old because anyone who looks at our team knows we need a top 6 forward, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.
We were "apparently" talking to Edmonton about a move but that was obviously crap as the usual we get as fans. I just do not understand why we dont spend a few bucks and actually get a star player to make us a playoff team.

So who can Nashville acquire?? What team could we deal with to get a point producing forward???

Oblivion 10-18-2009 03:36 AM

So Nashville was looking for a top 6 forward in Edmonton? That should raise a red flag right there.

Paranoid Android 10-18-2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand (Post 21657820)
I just do not understand why we dont spend a few bucks

because there are no bucks to be spent? :dunno:

Predsrule 10-18-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 21657971)

how many tims have we told him this yet he doesn't understand...

ok lets say were at a candy store.
you mom says u can buy 5 candys.. you only have enough for 3.. so 3 you get..
if we go over budget you know what happens... we have another phx .. which we almost were btw... we dont have the money to spend... if we spend it then the team doesnt stay in Nashville simple..

worstfaceoffmanever 10-18-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 21657971)

Poile can expand the payroll if he can justify the extra cost to the owners. Unfortunately, an expansion of the payroll by any significant margin will only be coming for a guy like Kessel.

Nashville doesn't need to make a move. They need to get the guys they have to dislodge their heads from their backsides and play coordinated offensive hockey. I'm mainly talking about Erat, Sullivan, Legwand, and Ward. Erat needs to quit skating in circles and taking bad penalties, Sullivan needs to play like he isn't just coasting through the first year of his new contract, Ward needs to actually do something, and I wish I knew what's wrong with Legwand.

Drake1588 10-18-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Even NYI have 3 more goals scored than the preds. Only 4 players on Nashville have even scored this season. It is absoultely ridiculous. We are dead last as far as GPG goes this season. On paper Nashville is not great, nor are they terrible. But something has to happen as far as acquiring a top 6 forward.
It is just getting insane that we have still not acquired a top 6 forward. Any other team in the NHL would have made a move by now if they desperately needed to fill a need. We had all of the offseason, and free agency and still haven't done anything. As a Predators fan is getting old because anyone who looks at our team knows we need a top 6 forward, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.
We were "apparently" talking to Edmonton about a move but that was obviously crap as the usual we get as fans. I just do not understand why we dont spend a few bucks and actually get a star player to make us a playoff team.

So who can Nashville acquire?? What team could we deal with to get a point producing forward???

Alexander Semin for Ryan Suter.

Add whatever picks might be needed on either side to even it out, but that would be the crux of it. These teams each need what the other has in abundance.

Semin makes $5M this year (a $4.6M cap hit) and is a RFA this summer. Suter represents a cap hit of $3.5M and is signed for two years after this one, but is a UFA at the expiration of his current deal in July 2013.

I'd assume that Shea Weber is untouchable. Suter may be untouchable too, for that matter. An elite defenseman is what the Caps could really use at the present, however. Their top two-way defense talent is still young (Alzner/Carlson), and the team projects to be ready to make a run before those two begin to hit their primes.

johnny_rudeboy 10-18-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588 (Post 21658456)

Add whatever picks might be needed on either side to even it out, but that would be the crux of it. These teams each need what the other has in abundance.

Semin makes $5M this year (a $4.6M cap hit) and is a RFA this summer. Suter represents a cap hit of $3.5M and is signed for two years after this one, but is a UFA at the expiration of his current deal in July 2013.

I'd assume that Shea Weber is untouchable. Suter may be untouchable too, for that matter. An elite defenseman is what the Caps could really use at the present, however. Their top two-way defense talent is still young (Alzner/Carlson), and the team projects to be ready to make a run before those two begin to hit their primes.

Value wise that is a good idea.

Drake1588 10-18-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 21658477)
Value wise that is a good idea.

I thought so... but the killer may be Nashville's razor thin margins when it comes to payroll. Semin could be a $6M/yr player out of his RFA deal, and there may be no room for him in Nashville's payroll. He's a 75-point player as a second liner, a second banana, since he is a natural LW and Ovechkin gets about 1.5 lines' worth of ice time at that position. With top minutes and ice time... well, he should be good value for his production as the go-to guy, even at that salary. I just don't know if there is room for him, even subtracting Suter, on the Predators payroll.

johnny_rudeboy 10-18-2009 08:23 AM

Yeah but Semin could also be seat filler. He got the style of a crowd pleaser and he is productive. If they could get Radulav back from Russia (dont really know what is going on there but did he not say he some day would return to the NHL and then play for Nashville?) then they would have a first line with Semin and Radulov on each wing of Arnott. That is very impressive.

sgupca 10-18-2009 08:25 AM

To Nash: Jason Blake

To Toronto: any pick you want to send us....a 5th maybe ;)

Enoch 10-18-2009 08:45 AM

Nashville just can't move Suter without destroying what semblance of a defense they have right now.

WreckItRask 10-18-2009 09:33 AM

Kobasew, Ference, 4th

for

Hamhuis

Am I way off considering Hamhuis is a UFA?

CF Punk 10-18-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely06 (Post 21658948)
Kobasew, Ference, 4th

for

Hamhuis

Am I way off considering Hamhuis is a UFA?

Even as a UFA, his value is higher IMO.

Hi-wayman 10-18-2009 09:58 AM

Injuries are hurting the Canucks right now, but in about 3 weeks we are going to have too many forwards again. Who on the Canucks would interest you? Use a bit of common sense in your list. Obviously forwards like the Sedins, Kesler and likely Raymond are not going to be made available.

Bubba Thudd 10-18-2009 10:00 AM

How about Svatos?

Would you send picks/prospects for him?

Seachd 10-18-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Only 4 players on Nashville have even scored this season. It is absoultely ridiculous.

Yikes. That is ridiculous.

brs03 10-18-2009 10:31 AM

Fleischmann + Shaone Morrisonn for Hamhuis + whatever makes it even. Would have to wait until the Caps' cap situation is clearer (Flash is on LTIR at the moment but he'll be off in 2 games I think).

Taz#24 10-18-2009 10:36 AM

How about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 21659042)
Even as a UFA, his value is higher IMO.

KOBASEW, FERENCE and Tampa's second (owned by Boston) in 2010 for HAMHUIS and TOOTOO?

BigHabs 10-18-2009 10:37 AM

Kostitsyn Brothers + D'agostini

for

Legwand + Jones

This works capwise,

5.8 mill going Nashville's way as well as 5.2mill going Montreal's way.

Nashville gets 3 young players who can all score goals. Andrei is a good point maker put him on Nashville's first or second line sergei on the 3rd along with D'agostini who can go between 3rd and 2nd line. These players are players Nashville could use to score goals which they don't have many of this year. These 3 players could be a boost and give the team a nice change for the better and start scoring.

Montreal gets a bigger body to go up front who has speed, and I believe who Montreal is looking for at this point in Legwand. Go in corners and Hit. Plus the good thing with Legwand's contract it ends the same year as the other 3 big fowards we have Gomez, Gionta, and Cammalleri all ending in 2014. Ryan Jones fast, young, big foward who is NHL ready. Play on our 3rd line or play with Legwand on the 2nd.

Gionta Gomez Cammalleri
Plekanec Legwand Jones
Latendresse Lapierre Pacioretty
Moen Chipchura Laraque

ex. Stewart, Metropolit when ever he returns from injury

Dumont Arnott A.Kostitsyn
Erat Sullivan D'agostini
S.Kostitsyn Goc Hornqvist
Tootoo Smithson Ward

ex. Wilson, Belak

Looks like solid Lineups to me.

voxel 10-18-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Nashville has solid D prospects and picks to trade... so start there. Radulov or Zherdev would be perfect right now.

As for the Edmonton trade, it was probably Nilsson for a 2nd/3rd. He's basically a faster-better Schremp (elite puck skills, but is super soft). Once players leave Edmonton they magically improve statistically - Lupul, B.Winchester, T.Petersen, Greene, Stoll, Chimera, Conklin, Sykora, Brewer, Poti, etc.

AfroThunder396 10-18-2009 10:40 AM

Zach Parise for Shea Weber

NJ would never do this but I thought it would be a curious proposal.

voxel 10-18-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz#24 (Post 21659443)
KOBASEW, FERENCE and Tampa's second (owned by Boston) in 2010 for HAMHUIS and TOOTOO?

IMO Hamhuis is worth Toronto's 1st. 3 for 1 won't help the Preds.

Dark Knight 10-18-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588 (Post 21658456)

This is a severe overpayment from your side. Alexander Semin, albeit, lacks in the defensive side of the game, is one of the best wingers in the NHL.

Unless Shea Weber comes back, you shouldn't even think about trading Semin. Instead, you can acquire a top 4 defenseman without giving up that much.

I'm praying Toronto fans leave Kaberle's name out of this thread. I'm praying !

Here is a proposed trade:

Washington:

Kim Johnson

Minnesota:

2nd '10

brs03 10-18-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slave (Post 21659516)
This is a severe overpayment from your side. Alexander Semin, albeit, lacks in the defensive side of the game, is one of the best wingers in the NHL.

Unless Shea Weber comes back, you shouldn't even think about trading Semin. Instead, you can acquire a top 4 defenseman without giving up that much.

I'm praying Toronto fans leave Kaberle's name out of this thread. I'm praying !

Here is a proposed trade:

Washington:

Kim Johnson

Minnesota:

2nd '10

Semin's no slouch defensively, he just takes too many penalties. He's a takeaway demon and he's probably one of our better PKers. His probably is really more staying focused and not getting too fancy offensively.

SAVEBYTHOMAS 10-18-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxel (Post 21659480)
IMO Hamhuis is worth Toronto's 1st.

Hamhuis is worth Hall?