HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Zidlicky out for Game 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69370)

Higgy4 04-09-2004 03:11 PM

Zidlicky out for Game 2

Just found this...thought I would post it for you all.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/7244200

gopreds98 04-09-2004 03:42 PM

Hmm....think that's Poile's polite way of saying Hatcher & company are dirty?

FD 04-09-2004 04:01 PM

Do we call anyone up from the Ads?

barrytrotzsneck 04-09-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD
Do we call anyone up from the Ads?

they're about to start the playoffs. i don't think that would be fair\ a good idea, considering we have been scratching 2 defensemen, anyway. i think it just allows us to play hnidy, and have hamhuis take zidlicky's spot on the PP for the time being.

Higgy4 04-09-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98
Hmm....think that's Poile's polite way of saying Hatcher & company are dirty?

No, I dont think thats what he is saying at all. When he says "the opposition", I think he is referring to opposing teams in general will target a player who is playing with a known injury. Not just the Wings...it could be anybody. It just happens to be the Wings in this instance.

Basher 04-09-2004 06:15 PM

"the opposition"...that may mean teams in general, but..."The opposition has been known" pretty much singles out a certain team. Take it either way, the reason of not naming the exact injury does not change. We don't want to risk anyone messin' him up. I'll be glad to see him back in the lineup, but it'd be great to see Hnidy do some damage (not Hatcher-style damage, but clean defensive crease clearing damage).

Higgy4 04-10-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
"the opposition"...that may mean teams in general, but..."The opposition has been known" pretty much singles out a certain team. Take it either way, the reason of not naming the exact injury does not change. We don't want to risk anyone messin' him up. I'll be glad to see him back in the lineup, but it'd be great to see Hnidy do some damage (not Hatcher-style damage, but clean defensive crease clearing damage).

Yeah, we all know the Wings have such a LONG history of taking players out.

Enoch 04-10-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy4
Yeah, we all know the Wings have such a LONG history of taking players out.

No, but Chelios and Hatcher are not known for being saints on the ice. Come on man, they are two of the dirtiest players in the game. Lets not even talk about the grind/dive line....or Shanny for that matter.

Higgy4 04-10-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
No, but Chelios and Hatcher are not known for being saints on the ice. Come on man, they are two of the dirtiest players in the game. Lets not even talk about the grind/dive line....or Shanny for that matter.

If Poile was referring to the Wings...he would have said the Wings. I am not saying that Hatcher or Chelios are saints. But the Wings do not have a reputation of being a dirty team. Hell, most people are surprised that they played a somewhat physical game at all in Game 1. It simply isnt the Wings style. The Wings do not have any more dirty players than other teams. Every team has players like that.

The Grind/dive line? What is the Preds fans obsession with diving? Every team has divers too. Why is it you all bring up Legace's dive, but fail to mention the horrnedous dive that Walker took on Brett Hull's penalty earlier in the game? Every team has divers too...even the Preds.

Diving is an absolute epidemic in the NHL. I cant stand it. But dont make it sound like the Wings are the only team guilty of it. All 30 teams are guilty of it.

Basher 04-10-2004 01:41 PM

Poile said the opposition...last time I looked, we are in a 7 game series with the Wings, our "opposition". We don't have any other opposition till we win this series.

jstreet 04-10-2004 03:52 PM

concussion

looks like it will be more than 2 games.

triggrman 04-10-2004 06:07 PM

We should return the favor by taking Yzerman or Lidstrom out.

Basher 04-10-2004 09:11 PM

Draper or Chelios or Shanahan please!

GKJ 04-11-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
they're about to start the playoffs. i don't think that would be fair\ a good idea, considering we have been scratching 2 defensemen, anyway. i think it just allows us to play hnidy, and have hamhuis take zidlicky's spot on the PP for the time being.

If there are 2 healthy scratches, obviously they play before callups, but the point of the AHL is not to win, it is to develop players. While, obviously, anyone would want their AHL affiliateto do well and make more money, if the Admirals were a bad team, first of all they probably wouldn't be in Milwalkee, they'd be bouncing around because they're not making as much money, but they do develop some franchise players, the farm team its doing its job.