HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wings Coach: "Abuse these players" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69495)

biscuithead 04-10-2004 06:29 AM

Wings Coach: "Abuse these players"
 
After the Red Wings won their playoff opener Wednesday night, 3-1, an eraserboard in the dressing room displayed Nashville's lineup. Five names were underlined in red: David Legwand, Steve Sullivan, Kimmo Timonen, Scott Walker and Marek Zidlicky.

And there was a note: "Abuse these players." ...

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings...0_20040410.htm

Higgy4 04-10-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuithead
After the Red Wings won their playoff opener Wednesday night, 3-1, an eraserboard in the dressing room displayed Nashville's lineup. Five names were underlined in red: David Legwand, Steve Sullivan, Kimmo Timonen, Scott Walker and Marek Zidlicky.

And there was a note: "Abuse these players." ...

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings...0_20040410.htm

And...your point is?

golfmade 04-10-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy4
And...your point is?

Perhaps the point is to provide information about the series, heaven forbid :shakehead

Basher 04-10-2004 01:32 PM

Look Hig, he didn't make a point. Just because hes giving information doesn't mean theres other motives. Geez, lighten up, don't reach so hard.

Higgy4 04-10-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Look Hig, he didn't make a point. Just because hes giving information doesn't mean theres other motives. Geez, lighten up, don't reach so hard.

Not reaching hard. I just wanted to know what the point of posting that article was. Thats all.

triggrman 04-11-2004 07:41 AM

To show you the wings aren't this angel of a team you try to make them out to be. Earlier you were all over Poile for suggesting they did this, now I guess "every playoff team does this" will be your response.

Higgy4 04-11-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
To show you the wings aren't this angel of a team you try to make them out to be. Earlier you were all over Poile for suggesting they did this, now I guess "every playoff team does this" will be your response.


I never said Poile suggested anything. The only time I mentioned Poile's name was when I said he was using the term "the opposition" in a general way.

And yes...everybody uses motivational tactics. The board didnt say "take out these 5 players". It said to abuse them. Finish your hits, hound them all game long, etc, etc. I am sure the Preds have the same type of discussions about certain Red Wings too. The only difference is that somebody forgot to erase the Wings chalk board, and now it has become message board fodder.

I am not saying the Wings are saints...still. But tell me one team that is. This is hockey, right? :D

biscuithead 04-12-2004 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy4
I am sure the Preds have the same type of discussions about certain Red Wings too.

Actually, we probably would have that type of discussion about ALL the Wings.

Oh, and we post links to any articles of interest on this board but you're new in these parts.

jstreet 04-12-2004 12:59 PM

Petey said, "If I were predators and didnt make the list, Id be offended.

Geki 04-12-2004 01:09 PM

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with this at all.. I mean I may be biased (30+ year red wings fan)... but this kind of thing is common knowledge in any sport. You always have players you want to get off their game. It's not like it said "take runs at these players" or "sideline these players". It's not like the redwings are a brutal/dirty/physical team. If I'm on the predators and MY name shows up on that list I'm proud as a peacock... that means I'm doing a great job. It's a compliment, if anything.

X8oD 04-12-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
To show you the wings aren't this angel of a team you try to make them out to be. Earlier you were all over Poile for suggesting they did this, now I guess "every playoff team does this" will be your response.

wow yer good at that. Answer your own question with a broad generalization, just so you can respond "I told you so"

Yes, every team does it. And I also dont think it was a mistake to leave that on the board in the wings locker room so it made it to the press. I think thier ulterior motive was to make the people "watch thier back" hopefully taking their head off the game.

Olaf 04-12-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geki
Actually, I don't see anything wrong with this at all.. I mean I may be biased (30+ year red wings fan)... but this kind of thing is common knowledge in any sport. You always have players you want to get off their game. It's not like it said "take runs at these players" or "sideline these players". It's not like the redwings are a brutal/dirty/physical team. If I'm on the predators and MY name shows up on that list I'm proud as a peacock... that means I'm doing a great job. It's a compliment, if anything.


I agree, they should probably put Adam Hall on the board.

Radulov for Czar* 04-12-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf
I agree, they should probably put Adam Hall on the board.

and maybe that Vokoun fella. He seems to play ok. :lol

biscuithead 04-12-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Petey said, "If I were predators and didnt make the list, Id be offended.

Maybe that's why Hall, Hartnell and Vokie have stepped up. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.