HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Noronen to LA proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69510)

MMM 04-10-2004 08:53 AM

Noronen to LA proposal

To LA: Noronen & Buffalo 5th or 6th rounder in 04
To Buf: LA 2nd rounder in 04 draft??

Scottkmlps 04-10-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
To LA: Noronen & Buffalo 5th or 6th rounder in 04
To Buf: LA 2nd rounder in 04 draft??

No go. Kings don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

Prussian_Blue 04-10-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
No go. Kings don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

How about the Blues' second rounder this year for Noronen and the fifth-round pick?

PrussianBlue :blues

kacz 04-10-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
How about the Blues' second rounder this year for Noronen and the fifth-round pick?

PrussianBlue :blues

What's wrong with Osgood and Divis?

Fat Elvis 04-10-2004 02:15 PM

LA would give Belanger and Ziska
for
Noronen and 5th in 04'

Patty Ice 04-10-2004 02:16 PM

Umm why do the Sabres have to add a draft pick in any of the proposals? If anything, both teams would have to add another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

friesen12 04-10-2004 04:27 PM

If Kings add a goalie, Montoya would be perfect.

Cechmanek is great and I don't see why people don't like him.

billsandsabres 04-10-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friesen12

playoff performance

Big McLargehuge 04-10-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
playoff performance

five-hole the size of Jupiter.

Hawkeye8 04-10-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
five-hole the size of Jupiter.

Yeah, but when he is on his game he is a great goalie.

swinginutter* 04-10-2004 05:31 PM

Quote:

Montoya would not make an immediate impact, and the Kings will think twice before pulling another Jamie Storr (playing to early). I would do that deal if we had that pick to offer. We need immediate help in nets, and we need a goaltender once and for all that can steal games. We haven't had that luxury (more than 10-15 years).

As fo Cecho........he's completely blown his new opportunity, and you can't change his personality. He's a complete headcase!...............He needs to start worrying about just stopping the puck.

agentfouser 04-10-2004 05:48 PM

the problem with cechmanek is that he's not really a long-term solution (even if he is a short-term one at all). he's getting a bit older, and the kings' system doesn't have much in the way of goaltendeing prospects. for an organization that is getting younger, depth in goal is needed. a prospect with starter potential would be perfect.

as for cechmanek in the short-term, this tough year should send him a message that he needs to (a) get in shape over the summer and lose about 15 lbs., (b) be a little more focused and intense throughout the year. he has one more year on his contract, and if he shows up next year and does well, the organization will keep him, if not, oh well. in any case, he's the best the club has for starters right now.

would buffalo be interested in a deal based around aaron miller for noronen?

JOHNBOY 04-10-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
would buffalo be interested in a deal based around aaron miller for noronen?

Yes we would, We need a top 4 D-man with experience and I feel he would be a great fit in his hometown.

Is this close??

Buf. Aaron Miller

L.A. Mika Norenen and a third round pick

David A. Rainer 04-11-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Yes we would, We need a top 4 D-man with experience and I feel he would be a great fit in his hometown.

Is this close??

Buf. Aaron Miller

Done and done. Not to mean that this is a steal, or that Miller is no good. But it makes too much sense financially for the Kings. It rids them of Miller's $3M/year and with Noronen, they could rid themselves of Cechmanek and save on his salary. With the payroll freed up in subtracting those two, they might actually be able to sign Palffy AND qualify some of their more important RFAs and maybe get Rome under contract.

KM 04-11-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goalie Boy
Yeah, but when he is on his game he is a great goalie.

Says the Sharks fan! Hahaha!

MMM 04-11-2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
LA would give Belanger and Ziska
for
Noronen and 5th in 04'

Don't know much about Ziska. How is he compared to Gleason & Grebeshkov ?

GKJ 04-11-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
playoff performance

Yeah, he didn't have that clutch scoring the flyers really need :shakehead

He also isn't Hextall, he doesn't let in a lot of 5-hole goals. Although any goalie that doesn't play the Butterfly has a big 5-hole, so... :shakehead

But anyone who needlessly want to blame him because either the team infront of him is inexperienced, battered by injuries and uncharacteristically bad defense (Kings) or lack of scoring, lack of heart, lack of gas in the tank or lack of motivation (to the point where the Flyers shot pucks at his head in practice), either has an utterly biased opinion (because they obviously don't watch him play and listen to a group of people who just want to make excuses for other egomaniacs on the team) or just are not educated in the game. I don't see any of the Kings (unlike the Flyers) blaming Roman for losing games. While he isn't this super-goalie, and as a Kings fan, I don't mind an upgrade, the bad rap he gets comes from uneducated people.

It's a moot subject and and to be frank and not to sound big headed but.....I'm right. :innocent:

Noronen and a 3rd for Miller I'd do in a second.

MMM 04-11-2004 11:01 AM

Don't want Miller & his contract.

What other teams would be interested in Noronen??

Howard35 04-11-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

he's like hasek, HE CANT HANDLE THE PUCK FOR HIS LIFE!

TVanek26* 04-11-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Is this close??

Buf. Aaron Miller

Are you kidding me?I would give a 3rd for Miller maybe,but I wouldn't add a good backup,potential starter for him!Noronen for Miller and a 4th is more fair.Miller is getting up there in age.

punchy1 04-11-2004 02:27 PM

You guys are drastically undervaluing Miller. He would be your #2 dman at worst. The ONLY troubles with him is he has been injured this past year and he has a $3mill contract next year. His play is above question.

I would expect that for him to be part of a deal for Nory though that it would take the Kings eating half of his conract. Miller by the by isn't yet 33 years old and has gotten better every year. He will likely play until he is well past 35 so his age doesn't really matter.

Nory hasn't proven his self as anything more than a back up goaler at this point. The potential for more is certainly there but you could say the same for Biron as well. (even though he has more starts he has yet to prove his self as the type of number one the Kings need)

I would think that a top two defencemen who had a season with injuries for a back up goaler with number one potential is close. It depends on Who goes knocking on whos door.

If the Sabres come to the Kings after Miller or Zizka and a pick then the onus would be on them to sweeten the deal and if the Kings (more likely) were to approach Buff for Nory then THEY would have to sweeten the pot.

My proposal

To Buff, Miller and a third in this years draft. (if the Kings have to pick up half of Millers salary the pick drops to a fifth.)

To LA, Nory and a 5th next year. (if the Kings pick half of Millers contract the pick goes to a fourth next year)

It helps and hurts both teams.

That said, I don't fancy Nory as the goaler that fits the Kings needs the best out of all that are about to be available.
Kings get a potential number one goaler. Buff gets a rough and ready dead solid defencemen who has fully recovered from a pinched nerve and plays very hard. Fan favorite before this year and dead steady.

mayday!!!! 04-11-2004 05:09 PM

why not package him?

While I think Noronen for Miller is a perfect fit for both teams, I could almost see both players being part of a bigger deal.

I've been thinking something like:
To LA-- Noronen, Satan, Kotalik and 2nd
To Buf-- Miller, Brown, Huet and a 1st

For LA-- Noronen gives them a young starter/duty sharer who may blossom by being given a fair shot. Miro and Stumpey are friends and Miro has always wanted to play with a fellow Slovak or two, so he'd be happy and could bolser LA's scoring [especially since Allison will be lost and who knows the future of Deadmarsh]. Kotalik can play either side for LA and would give them depth [I can't see buf giving up on Pyatt, so Kotalik is the odd man out as a top 3 line winger]. The second helps offset the loss of the first.

For Buf-- Bring those Buffalo boys home! Both Brown and Miller are from WNY, so they'll be fan favorites and meet some needs. They may loose Zhitnik as a UFA, so Miller offsets that loss with a solid D man [though not nearly as mobile]. If Zhit is resigned [they've expressed interest] Miller adds some wonderful depth on the second pairing. Brown adds some offense for the future [though he may be started off slowly in Roch I'd imagine]. Huet gives Buf some flexibility in case Ryan Miller is not ready for duty yet [everyone is high on him, but he really needs to prove himself in Roch by stealing games and dominating to gain confidence]. The first is the price you pay for loosing a top line scorer.

It could be tweeked some, but it seems somewhat fair. I could see Buf needing to add something to sweeten the pot a little to pry the 1st rounder away from LA. Buf needs to rebuild their D, so two top of the middle 1st round picks would help for the future [potentially packaging the two for a shot at a top young blueliner to pair with Kallinin].

Dropkick Alex 04-11-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Is this close??

Buf. Aaron Miller

Not even close, that third would have to go to a 2nd and that pick would have to go to Buffalo. Buffalo would probably throw a third rounder to LA. Norenen has huge potential now.

Dropkick Alex 04-11-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayday!!!!
While I think Noronen for Miller is a perfect fit for both teams, I could almost see both players being part of a bigger deal.

I've been thinking something like:
To LA-- Noronen, Satan, Kotalik and 2nd
To Buf-- Miller, Brown, Huet and a 1st

For LA-- Noronen gives them a young starter/duty sharer who may blossom by being given a fair shot. Miro and Stumpey are friends and Miro has always wanted to play with a fellow Slovak or two, so he'd be happy and could bolser LA's scoring [especially since Allison will be lost and who knows the future of Deadmarsh]. Kotalik can play either side for LA and would give them depth [I can't see buf giving up on Pyatt, so Kotalik is the odd man out as a top 3 line winger]. The second helps offset the loss of the first.

For Buf-- Bring those Buffalo boys home! Both Brown and Miller are from WNY, so they'll be fan favorites and meet some needs. They may loose Zhitnik as a UFA, so Miller offsets that loss with a solid D man [though not nearly as mobile]. If Zhit is resigned [they've expressed interest] Miller adds some wonderful depth on the second pairing. Brown adds some offense for the future [though he may be started off slowly in Roch I'd imagine]. Huet gives Buf some flexibility in case Ryan Miller is not ready for duty yet [everyone is high on him, but he really needs to prove himself in Roch by stealing games and dominating to gain confidence]. The first is the price you pay for loosing a top line scorer.

It could be tweeked some, but it seems somewhat fair. I could see Buf needing to add something to sweeten the pot a little to pry the 1st rounder away from LA. Buf needs to rebuild their D, so two top of the middle 1st round picks would help for the future [potentially packaging the two for a shot at a top young blueliner to pair with Kallinin].

Buffalo does NOT want prospects. They wouldn't trade Mika and Satan for practically nobody.

TVanek26* 04-11-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
You guys are drastically undervaluing Miller. He would be your #2 dman at worst. .

#2 at worst?

Kalinin and McKee are better.So Miller is a 3 at best.If Zhitnik re-signs,Miller becomes a #4.I would rather keep Noronen and save the pick then to trade for a d-man who makes more then what he is worth.