HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Don't be negative! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69524)

furax 04-10-2004 10:08 AM

Don't be negative!
 
Hi,

I've been around this forum for a long time but I almost never writes.... I usally just read what you guys say....

This morning after reading what most of you guys are saying, I couldn't watch this without writing...

* put garon in the net for next game *
* Habs will be swept in 4 *
* Trade Theo *

Can't you see the positive in all this? Yes he give up a bad goal at the wrong time but he was solid all night long.... all the rebounds he was giving where going to the corners and he stopped many 2 on 1. The first goal he gave was the defensive fault.

Plus, we finally got Kovy playing RW on the first line and he did a pretty good job. How about that blind pass to Koivu on the 2 man advantage.

Bulis is one of top 3rd liner in the league IMO. Replace Langdon by Sundstrom and we got 4 good lines.

Our defensive play was really good and our PK played one of his best game of the year.

Begin played like he is suppose to play.

We've take some bad penalities but in general we were more disciplined than the Bruins.

Altough PP was awful, they'll have time to practice that and bounce back next game. We've seen CJ change the combinations during the game.

We just got to take care of Bergeron line and take advantage of our chances. For example, Bulis has an empty net but he shot on the goalie. Ribeiro touched the post...

Im optimistic that we can still win this serie and even if we don't i'll be still proud of the year they gave us.


GO HABS GO !!! :yo:

CH Wizard 04-10-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furax
Hi,

I've been around this forum for a long time but I almost never writes.... I usally just read what you guys say....

This morning after reading what most of you guys are saying, I couldn't watch this without writing...

* put garon in the net for next game *
* Habs will be swept in 4 *
* Trade Theo *

Can't you see the positive in all this? Yes he give up a bad goal at the wrong time but he was solid all night long.... all the rebounds he was giving where going to the corners and he stopped many 2 on 1. The first goal he gave was the defensive fault.

Plus, we finally got Kovy playing RW on the first line and he did a pretty good job. How about that blind pass to Koivu on the 2 man advantage.

Bulis is one of top 3rd liner in the league IMO. Replace Langdon by Sundstrom and we got 4 good lines.

Our defensive play was really good and our PK played one of his best game of the year.

Begin played like he is suppose to play.

We've take some bad penalities but in general we were more disciplined than the Bruins.

Altough PP was awful, they'll have time to practice that and bounce back next game. We've seen CJ change the combinations during the game.

We just got to take care of Bergeron line and take advantage of our chances. For example, Bulis has an empty net but he shot on the goalie. Ribeiro touched the post...

Im optimistic that we can still win this serie and even if we don't i'll be still proud of the year they gave us.


GO HABS GO !!! :yo:



AGREE WITH YOU WE HAVE TO BE POSITIVE WE WILL WIN THE NEXT TWO GAMES :yo: :yo: BECAUSE WE WILL PLAY AT HOME FANS MAKES SOME NOISE :handclap: AT BELL CENTER SUNDAY AND TUESDAY TO HELP THE HABS TO TIE THE SERIES

Dutchy 04-10-2004 10:21 AM

About time you started posting in here... We never have enough clear headed people around here.

Welcome home! :)

jcpenny 04-10-2004 10:23 AM

True so true! I taped the game and except for the first period that was evenly played and we gave too many odd rushes, we dominated this game! Raycroft stole this game its unbelievable, i rewinded some of his saves like 3 times. This guy is no Dafoe. The bruins didnt get anything after the first and we kept everything from the outside I absolutely loved the Koivu-Kovy-Zed line as they took over in the second and third. This line is going the be one of the best in the playoffs watch for them sunday. The dowd line was also money but bulis couldnt score on glorious chances. We need 2 changes. Dagenais is slowing down his line and is not feisty enough, he had couple of good chances but hes has to be more consistent. Heres the line up for sunday.

Kovy-Koivu-zed
Ward-Ribs-Ryder
Bulis-Dowd-Sunstrom
Juneau-Bégin-Dackell

Defense and goalie, no changes.

sonnytheman 04-10-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Kovy-Koivu-zed
Ward-Ribs-Ryder
Bulis-Dowd-Sunstrom
Juneau-Bégin-Dackell

Defense and goalie, no changes.

Those are my exact lines as well.

Traitor8 04-10-2004 11:13 AM

I'd keep Dagenais, he hasn't done anything bad to merit a demotion:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednik-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Dowd-Ward
Begin-Perreault-Komisarek

jcpenny 04-10-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I'd keep Dagenais, he hasn't done anything bad to merit a demotion:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednik-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Dowd-Ward
Begin-Perreault-Komisarek

its not about merit, its about results and not creating anything. We cant afford more games like that from Dags. Im still intrigued by ward playing on a scoring line. He would do more than Dags thats for sure.

Traitor8 04-10-2004 11:21 AM

How would you know that he would do more?

Dagenais has somehting with Ribeiro and Ryder that you just can't take away from him and what about Zednik,Koivu , there's no doing anything on the scoring part of the game...the whole team hasn't done anything except for Patrice Brisebois.

Ward is nothing more then Bulis...a 3rd or 4th liner..

fufonzo 04-10-2004 11:35 AM

I agree with Komisarek8. Dagenais has come close a couple times in his last few games (which is more than alot of players). Also, when Dags doesn't play, Ribs never seems to have a good game. I remember someone had dug up stats on Ribs when Dagenais was and wasn't playing, and his stats were MUCH better with Dags in the lineup. He has been playing with more intensity as of late to. I dont think putting him on the second line is a problem. I know Ward had a good point-scoring season last year in the AHL but he seems like more of a checker in the NHL. Hope Sunny comes back soon to take over Langdon or Juneau's spot. What do you guys think of Sunny on the second line if Dags does get pulled from the lineup? He was supposed to have great offensive upside, and I think he can still produce.
Let's go boys!
Lets win em both at home! :jump: :banana:

furax 04-10-2004 11:49 AM

Knowing CJ, he won't change anything to the line-up.

The ribeiro line had their chances during the last game but i think there not moving enough. The 2 Dagenais goal vs Buffalo were because all 3 players were moving.

The only changes he have to make is on the PP IMO.

PP Line 1:

Ryder - Ribeiro - Zednik
Koivu - Souray

PP Line 2:

Bulis - Dagenais - Kovalev
Markov - Brisebois

I'm not sure about the second unit but i like the 1st one.

Habs4Life 04-10-2004 11:51 AM

We need to get bodies in front of the net, let's keep the lines the same but play smarter, that's all we have to do and i know we can take this series!

Munchausen 04-10-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furax
I've been around this forum for a long time but I almost never writes.... I usally just read what you guys say....

You should write more often. I like your thinking.

Brisson11 04-10-2004 01:18 PM

Same here, it shines light on the dark-gloomy-wanna-be-habs-fans-that-live-in- their-basement-without-ever-watching-a-game-and-who-just-critisize-habs-all-day wowowow that was a mouth full *faints* :deadhorse

jacklours 04-10-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
About time you started posting in here... We never have enough clear headed people around here.

Welcome home! :)

Totally agree with you.

KOMO_ROCKS 04-10-2004 02:04 PM

Not a good idea to give up on your team when when they are down a couple games in the series........the players and the fans should believe that they can beat Boston

Perfect_Gravity 04-11-2004 02:17 AM

I believe I allways believe and hope until the last second of the last playoff game :handclap:

Sometimes it dosen't turn out the way I hope, but I still hope and cheer and if all else fails...hope for next year. After all isn't that what being a fan is all about?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.