HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Problems With Ticket Sales??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=696106)

WalkerBabe 10-24-2009 04:50 PM

Problems With Ticket Sales???

I noticed that the Ray Whitney ticket offer has been extended through game time on Nov. 1, when it was supposed to cut off this weekend. Last week, they ran the half-price deal on Ticketmaster (for a limited time, granted) for the St. Louis game next week (for everyone ... not just STH.) And by the way, it annoyed me that you could not get that same deal at the Box Office, without paying the extra fees! The last two games here ... attendance at one was in the 13,000 plus range, the other in the 14,000 plus range.

Wonder if they can/will stick with their "game week pricing" (no discounts within seven days of the game) if this kind of attendance/results keeps up? :shakehead

Gosh, the monkeys and I hope to see the REAL Canes show up tonight! :handclap:

canesnecu 10-24-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkerBabe (Post 21763202)
I noticed that the Ray Whitney ticket offer has been extended through game time on Nov. 1, when it was supposed to cut off this weekend. Last week, they ran the half-price deal on Ticketmaster (for a limited time, granted) for the St. Louis game next week (for everyone ... not just STH.) And by the way, it annoyed me that you could not get that same deal at the Box Office, without paying the extra fees! The last two games here ... attendance at one was in the 13,000 plus range, the other in the 14,000 plus range.

Wonder if they can/will stick with their "game week pricing" (no discounts within seven days of the game) if this kind of attendance/results keeps up? :shakehead

Gosh, the monkeys and I hope to see the REAL Canes show up tonight! :handclap:

attendance sucks and with all their new restictions theyre screwing themselves. If Im in charge of sales, Id get as many tickets out to as many people as humanly possible with as many deals as possible. I wouldnt restrict any sale to just ticketmaster because the reason people arent buying them to start with is because of cost so why only sell them through a place that adds more cost. Walk up ticket sales are huge in this market and they screwing themselves. Why only offer deals to STH? They ALREADY ARE COMMITTED so why not attract newbies? The sth's can get their perks through coupons for discounted food and merchandise, get new people in the door, the sport sells itself in person. As a sth, I wont be offended if I paid full sth price for my tickets and joe blow was able to sit in my section for a game a cheaper price. Maybe he'll come back...maybe he'll buy a mini plan next year? Maybe even for this year?

Great thread, I always wondered what other people thought about our sales force. Its not rocket science, to fill a building you have to sell tickets anyway you can.

Oh, and did I mention that Id basically clean house of the current sales team? They suck and there customer service is so bad they make Time Warner and Dtv look like freakin Lexus. Hire some real sales guys or gals that understand how important the customer is to their paycheck and job. Anyone have problems with there reps?

WalkerBabe 10-25-2009 10:38 AM

You make a lot of good points, canesnecu! After another loss last night, they may have to GIVE tickets away ... :(

As far as the Advance pricing scheme, I don't see how that's a good plan. For instance, around Friday of this week, I started thinking that going to the St. Louis game on this coming Wednesday might be a plan for us and our neighbors, and I could use the HT Vic Card discount for lower level seats. No ... wait ... I can't do that 'cause I'm within the game week. So, now the four of us are not going because I can't stand to spend $80 for a seat that I should be getting for $60 ... For a lot of busy people, you don't always know until last minute what you can plan.

It will be interesting to see if they stick to the original pricing plan for this whole season ...

Caniac4ever 10-25-2009 02:28 PM

You better believe I'll jump on this wagon! I was EXTREMELY upset with the new sales program this year. I think instead of taking a step back, they took several giant leaps back. And yes, it seems to be biting them in the tail already.

The 7 day advance thing is just plain wrong. Why would you take away all of those seats that you normally fill at 6:00 that are now just going empty? I agree with WalkerBabe, I usually can't plan ahead a week and tell if its going to work to take in a game or not. And if I can't, I'm guessing the casual hockey fan probably won't either.

Their student discount and Harris Teeter program that they had available for just about every game night last year is now limited to about 10 games. And yes, they are just about all on the SAME game as the other discount program is available. Now that my friends is just good old plain brilliance.

One of the biggest things that turned me off was the very poor customer service I received like canesnecu was saying. At the start of the season we both sent quite lengthy emails to them telling them how disappointed we were with the changes and wondered if we could get an explanation why some of them were started. They were both very polite and didn't have any bad language. On the contact us website they promise that you will receive a response to your email within 24 hours. It's been months now and neither of us ever heard back. I realize it would be difficult to respond to everyone, but either take down your promise to reply or actually do it.

And lastly I had been a season ticket holder for several years before this one. Since I moved farther away and went back to school I sadly had to drop them. Just yesterday some sales dude called me and wondered if there was anyway I would be interested in coming back. So yes, I think they are learning the hard why that this might not be the best marketing program they've ever had...

WalkerBabe 10-29-2009 06:13 PM

The attendance last night was 15,500 or so. That's a game that they did the half-price tickets on for one day. It will be interesting to see the turn-out this coming Sunday for San Jose, after we've lost seven in a row (and the Flyers are looming Saturday!!! :amazed: ) I'll be in the house for San Jose ... hope the guys will have some energy left after playing the Flyers the day before!

UnPLEASED Anton 10-29-2009 06:15 PM

I'm bringing 42 people Sunday, maybe thatll help

WalkerBabe 10-29-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberlay (Post 21858390)

Kaberlay, we'll NEVER accuse you of not supporting your 'Canes!!! :laugh:

vwg* 10-29-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberlay (Post 21858390)

Impossible. There arent that many fans in "Carolina" let alone the whole south. :sarcasm:

UnPLEASED Anton 10-29-2009 06:44 PM

heh, well I had to promise food and beer in the parking lot to make it happen :)

Anyone here is welcome to swing by. We will be in the fairgrounds lot

hyena 10-30-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canesnecu (Post 21763404)
Why only offer deals to STH? They ALREADY ARE COMMITTED so why not attract newbies? The sth's can get their perks through coupons for discounted food and merchandise, get new people in the door, the sport sells itself in person. As a sth, I wont be offended if I paid full sth price for my tickets and joe blow was able to sit in my section for a game a cheaper price. Maybe he'll come back...maybe he'll buy a mini plan next year? Maybe even for this year?

coupons for discounted food and merchandise? am i living in a hole or something, i've never gotten anything like that in all my years as a full STH. unless you're referring to the whopping 10% EYE discount??

and IMO, it does suck when you pay X for a seat and you find out the person next to you paid X/2 (or even less). it's fine a few times a season for special deals and whatnot, but when it gets to the point when at the majority of games you know everyone around you paid less for their seats, it sucks, quite frankly. it completely removes any financial incentive to be an STH in the first place. of course there are other, non-financial reasons to do it, but i'm just saying.

Guy 10-30-2009 10:09 AM

and that 10% discount isn't much either, RBC Center employees get 30%. i suggest becoming friends with one for a major purchase.

KLHarper 11-03-2009 07:18 PM

Hi Newbie here

Hi New to the board though I have watched for several years.

In regards to to ticket prices the scalper prices are down. I am paid 30 bucks for lower level seats, which I usually have to pay at least 40.
I have tickets for next friday's game and hoping that friday the 13th will be popular.

KL Harper

zion21 11-04-2009 12:40 PM

Well with all their new policies and rules they only have themselves to blame. Things will change just watch :).http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/21.gif