HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fore!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69716)

Davisian 04-11-2004 08:56 AM

Fore!!!!

I shoulda' yelled TWO!

Good news keeps on coming. Turns out, during the Rangers cheering for children auction, my Father put in a bid for my brother and I to play Golf with Sam & JD, and WON..!!..

He's known since then, but the Date, time, place have yet to be determined. I've gotta' imagine it will be somewhere in Westchester.

That is going to be one hilarious day, I just hope my game comes along for the ride..

Just thought I'd share.. (and by "share" I meant rub your filthy, non-golf playing with Sam & JD noses in it.. suckah's!!!)

Fletch 04-11-2004 08:57 AM

That's awesome, davisian...

can I be your caddy?

Davisian 04-11-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
can I be your caddy?

I'd love to have you Fletch, but since my Dad put in the bid, he'll obviously be carrying one of our bags, and he's going to pick one of his buddies to carry the other..

I'd love to have you lurk in the woods to throw my ball back onto the fairways!!! (and throw Sam & JD's deepr into the weeds..)

klingsor 04-11-2004 10:00 AM

Congrats!!!

Just wondering what you woulda done if it was Dolan and Sather instead of Sam and JD.

Fletch 04-11-2004 10:06 AM

It's your call davisian...

but I can shave 10 strokes off your game - and that's just in the first three holes!

Davisian 04-11-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
Congrats!!!

Just wondering what you woulda done if it was Dolan and Sather instead of Sam and JD.

I would have brought the gun, left the Titleists. Now I've got to study up on my trivia..

Barnaby 04-11-2004 10:19 AM

Thats awesome!! :handclap:

Keep us posted as to how it works out... I've always wondered about these days, it should be a ton of fun!!

True Blue 04-11-2004 03:39 PM

I might have to stalk you. Just remember to tell them to sign in here.

Bluenote13 04-11-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I would have brought the gun, left the Titleists. Now I've got to study up on my trivia..

Take the gun, leave the cannoli's.

Well, JD will be there... take the cannolis ;)

dedalus 04-11-2004 08:25 PM

Consider an ebay auction. I'd offer quite a bit for a phrenology skull/golf outing package.

When you DO go, make sure your caddies bring along some liquid refreshment. I think we'd all like to know JD's and Sam's thoughts on the organization after they've been bending the elbow over 18 holes.

dumpsathernow* 04-11-2004 09:50 PM

:shakehead :shakehead
Quote:

I shoulda' yelled TWO!

Good news keeps on coming. Turns out, during the Rangers cheering for children auction, my Father put in a bid for my brother and I to play Golf with Sam & JD, and WON..!!..

He's known since then, but the Date, time, place have yet to be determined. I've gotta' imagine it will be somewhere in Westchester.

That is going to be one hilarious day, I just hope my game comes along for the ride..

Just thought I'd share.. (and by "share" I meant rub your filthy, non-golf playing with Sam & JD noses in it.. suckah's!!!)

congrats man, but one good ? for you. why in the hell would u waste your money to play golf with them 2 actually why would your father waste his money? would have been better off trying to get some memorabilia like an autographed jersey or puck thats what i would have wanted, not to play golf with sam and j.d :dunno: :shakehead :snide: well the most i can also say to u is have fun when you go, good luck

jas 04-11-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

I shoulda' yelled TWO!

Okay, pookie!! :lol

Davisian 04-12-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
congrats man, but one good ? for you. why in the hell would u waste your money to play golf with them 2 actually why would your father waste his money? would have been better off trying to get some memorabilia like an autographed jersey or puck thats what i would have wanted, not to play golf with sam and j.d

That's simple.. I could not take some form of autographed memorabilia, down to some exclusive (or not..?) Westchester Country Club, with my Father and Brother and friend of the family to play 18 holes with the only consistently good thing about the Rangers for the past seven seasons. Not to mention, as dedalus alluded to, tipping many bevies back while hearing countless Ranger stories, I would otherwise never have known of.

(And with TB stalking in the woods, maybe there will be corroborating accounts, since I'll remember about half of what they say)

I never really cared much for autographs, pucks & Jerseys I always end up using, but the (beer induced, hazy) memories of such a day will be a source of laughs for my family for many, many years.

It's easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you've got the stock market beat.

But the man worthwhile,
Is the man who can smile,
When his shorts are too tight in the seat.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-12-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

That's simple.. I could not take some form of autographed memorabilia, down to some exclusive (or not..?) Westchester Country Club, with my Father and Brother and friend of the family to play 18 holes with the only consistently good thing about the Rangers for the past seven seasons. Not to mention, as dedalus alluded to, tipping many bevies back while hearing countless Ranger stories, I would otherwise never have known of.

(And with TB stalking in the woods, maybe there will be corroborating accounts, since I'll remember about half of what they say)

I never really cared much for autographs, pucks & Jerseys I always end up using, but the (beer induced, hazy) memories of such a day will be a source of laughs for my family for many, many years.

It's easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you've got the stock market beat.

But the man worthwhile,
Is the man who can smile,
When his shorts are too tight in the seat.

Yup, you're a Flying Wasp.

Go work on your night putting with Mitch Cumstein.

Davisian 04-12-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yup, you're a Flying Wasp.

Go work on your night putting with Mitch Cumstein.

How about a Fresca?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-12-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

How about a Fresca?

You'll get nothing and like it!

Make sure you mention to Sam and JD that you are True Blue's sidekick. That'll really impress them :p:

dumpsathernow* 04-12-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Make sure you mention to Sam and JD that you are True Blue's sidekick. That'll really impress them :p:

:lol:

True Blue 04-12-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

As one who knows exactly what that means, I assure you, once Sam & JD find out that you won the election, we'll all be living the good life.