HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   News Article: Scuderi Fined for Hit on Chimera (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=697176)

KingsRule 10-27-2009 03:17 PM

Scuderi Fined for Hit on Chimera

Quote:

Scuderi fined for hit on ChimeraTuesday, 10.27.2009 / 10:52 AM / News NHL.comNHL Senior Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell said Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi has been fined for a low hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jason Chimera Sunday.

"Scuderi went really low and I felt it was a clip," Campbell said Hockey Night in Canada Radio. "Fortunately, he didn't injure the guy. He did hurt him on the play, as far as receiving a cut. But he came back in the game, Chimera, so I didn't think it was a fair play and we fined him."

Campbell compared Scuderi's hitting style to that of fellow NHL defensemen Rob Blake and Kyle McClaren.

"He does hit guys with a hip check," Campbell said. "Rob Blake's name came up and Kyle McLaren's, but they hit guys with their rear ends and they hit them in the hips and they hit them hard ... [not] low."
What a jerk that Campbell is. Basically calling Scuderi a dirty player. Whatever, at least hes not suspended.

123slam 10-27-2009 03:32 PM

Campbell's a joke.

ibleedkings 10-27-2009 03:36 PM

I don't see where he's saying Rob is a dirty player.

Beauty, eh? 10-27-2009 03:48 PM

Me neither.....

I think a fine was expected. Let's just be happy he wasn't suspended.

no name 10-27-2009 03:50 PM

He's acting like Scuderi never does this every game. Of course Scuderi hit's with the hip and I'm sure he intended to this time as well.
I really hate when Canadian personalities act like this. They are so biased it makes me sick.

JDM 10-27-2009 03:51 PM

Reputation finally works for us.

Gauthier gets suspended for that hit, easily.

William H Bonney 10-27-2009 03:51 PM

I'm fine with a fine. Even though I don't think he should have been suspended, I kind of expected it given that Scuderi isn't a star player. The NHL likes to use this kind of situation to "make an example" and ignore situations like the Richards hit.

If the league would take a hard line stance like they talk about, I'm sure Scuds would have gotten a game or two, but given that they don't, I'm glad they didn't suspend him for a hip check gone too low.

not tellin* 10-27-2009 04:05 PM

stop crying, it was a low hit. big deal, he's slapped on the wrist with a fine.

Telos 10-27-2009 04:15 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't think he is calling out Scuds at all, just saying that the hit was low and compared that particular hipcheck to ones that Blake and McClaren dish out and pointing out that this hit was particularly lower.

Defgarden 10-27-2009 04:19 PM

Scud's booty almost touched the floor. He was getting all freak nasty in the club.

Jwm1986 10-27-2009 04:29 PM

good call indeed

Cruel11 10-27-2009 04:35 PM

" After practice today, Rob Scuderi said he agreed that his check on Columbusí Jason Chimera was too low, and didnít argue the fine he received from the NHL yesterday. The maximum fine, per the collective bargaining agreement, is $1,000, so thatís almost certainly what Scuderi got, although it hasnít been confirmed. After the game, Scuderi was careful in his words about whether or not his hit ó which, from replays, seemed to start on the outside of Chimeraís knee ó was acceptable. Today, he addressed the hit.

SCUDERI: ďI got a call from Colin Campbell yesterday, and he expressed to me that he thought the hit was a bit low. At the time, I hadnít seen it yet. I did see it later in the day, and I wish I could disagree with his judgment, but it was low. Iíve had a lot of hip checks the last few years, but that one just wasnít right. It was definitely in a questionable area, and I have to pay my fine.

ďItís the first time Iíve ever been involved in anything even remotely controversial. Ö If anything, Iím more disappointed in myself, because Iíve always played hard but Iíve always played fair and honest, so itís not the way I want to be seen as playing in this league. Fortunately, Chimera wasnít hurt any more.Ē

Scuderi said he has been attempting to get in touch with Chimera and apologize for the hit.

SCUDERI: ďAll I can do is give him a call and extend the apology. Itís up to him if he wants to accept it or not. I understand if heís mad. All I can do is offer it up.Ē

Telos 10-27-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 21820792)
" After practice today, Rob Scuderi said he agreed that his check on Columbusí Jason Chimera was too low, and didnít argue the fine he received from the NHL yesterday. The maximum fine, per the collective bargaining agreement, is $1,000, so thatís almost certainly what Scuderi got, although it hasnít been confirmed. After the game, Scuderi was careful in his words about whether or not his hit ó which, from replays, seemed to start on the outside of Chimeraís knee ó was acceptable. Today, he addressed the hit.

SCUDERI: ďI got a call from Colin Campbell yesterday, and he expressed to me that he thought the hit was a bit low. At the time, I hadnít seen it yet. I did see it later in the day, and I wish I could disagree with his judgment, but it was low. Iíve had a lot of hip checks the last few years, but that one just wasnít right. It was definitely in a questionable area, and I have to pay my fine.

ďItís the first time Iíve ever been involved in anything even remotely controversial. Ö If anything, Iím more disappointed in myself, because Iíve always played hard but Iíve always played fair and honest, so itís not the way I want to be seen as playing in this league. Fortunately, Chimera wasnít hurt any more.Ē

Scuderi said he has been attempting to get in touch with Chimera and apologize for the hit.

SCUDERI: ďAll I can do is give him a call and extend the apology. Itís up to him if he wants to accept it or not. I understand if heís mad. All I can do is offer it up.Ē

Very classy of him. That is a Dean Lombardi player right there.

KingsRule 10-27-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not tellin (Post 21820441)
stop crying, it was a low hit. big deal, he's slapped on the wrist with a fine.

Whos crying? im fine with the fine, i knew hed get one. I just didnt like Campbells words comparing him to flake and how his hip checks are on target and not LOW.

KingsRule 10-27-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defgarden (Post 21820612)
Scud's booty almost touched the floor. He was getting all freak nasty in the club.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap:

Telos 10-27-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsRule (Post 21820927)
Whos crying? im fine with the fine, i knew hed get one. I just didnt like Campbells words comparing him to flake and how his hip checks are on target and not LOW.

Blake, whether you like him or not, has one of the best hipchecks in the game. I thought it was a reasonable comparison.

KingsRule 10-27-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 21820958)
Blake, whether you like him or not, has one of the best hipchecks in the game. I thought it was a reasonable comparison.

No doubt, his hip checks are sweet.it just seemed like he was saying "they do it right, and you did it low"

dabeechman 10-27-2009 06:04 PM

Classy guy. Knows he made a mistake and went on record to publically apologize.

KingsCast 10-27-2009 06:12 PM

From my vantage point at the game, the hit looked just like other hipchecks Scuderi's done before. After I saw the replay at home, it was questionable. But, hey, if Scuds thinks it was low, it's hard to argue with. He's not losing any sleep over $1k.

DIEHARD the King fan 10-27-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 21820792)

That, my friends, is a professional athlete, with class.

Chazz Reinhold 10-27-2009 06:19 PM

Funny enough, some people on the main board are still trashing on him, even after his statement.

Dave33 10-27-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 21822187)
Funny enough, some people on the main board are still trashing on him, even after his statement.

Its just CBJ fans who appear to be whiny little *****es. I'm really surprised by their incessant crying. Chimera wasn't even injured, they need to let it go.

ru4reals 10-27-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave33 (Post 21822957)
Its just CBJ fans who appear to be whiny little *****es. I'm really surprised by their incessant crying. Chimera wasn't even injured, they need to let it go.

Crying because of the hit and to makes things worse the score was 6-2 Kings.

Telos 10-27-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsRule (Post 21820995)
No doubt, his hip checks are sweet.it just seemed like he was saying "they do it right, and you did it low"

Well that is exactly what he is saying :P When you compare it to their hits, it was low, but he isn't insinuating that Scuds is dirty or that the hit was overly dirty - it was just a low hit and show have been a clipping penalty.

FrozenKing18 10-29-2009 06:43 PM

We should sign Kyle Mclaren to show Scuderi how to hip check! if he stll can lmao

i miss those hip checks!