HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Price to Montreal (or Pittsburgh, actually) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=697217)

MXD 10-27-2009 05:33 PM

Price to Montreal (or Pittsburgh, actually)

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70314987

It's a sad day when you think that the CKAC/Corus monopoly on hockey (in french) is actually a good thing. (the news came out on Énergie).

The Gal Pals 10-27-2009 05:34 PM

Price was rumoured to be traded to Hawks today (didn't happen)

It was reported today at 18h on RDS by Renaud Lavoie that Carey Price was rumoured to have been traded to the Blackhawks today. He said that rumour proved to be false and that there was no indication who would have been sent to Montreal. Anybody else here him mention it?

It's the first time I heard about this rumour and I can't find any clue as to where this rumour originated from.

gee 10-27-2009 05:34 PM

tranlation or summarize pls

One Trick Pony 10-27-2009 05:34 PM

This is getting ridiculous

m00ks 10-27-2009 05:36 PM

LOL, there was a rumour Price was traded?

MXD 10-27-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 21821537)
It was reported today at 18h on RDS by Renaud Lavoie that Carey Price was rumoured to have been traded to the Blackhawks today. He said that rumour proved to be false and that there was no indication who would have been sent to Montreal. Anybody else here him mention it?

It's the first time I heard about this rumour and I can't find any clue as to where this rumour originated from.

See my topic, with Francois Gagnon's link.

uiCk 10-27-2009 05:41 PM

like seriously why do the media have to create goalie controversy.. most public opinion around me is that "ride the hot goalie", but then you have TSN makig an article about goalie controversy, and then rds making up, or publicizing goalie controversy... seriously, media is so nonconstructive to this team.

QuietReign 10-27-2009 05:41 PM

all this guys is saying is that there was a rumor he heard on a radio station today that Price was traded to Chicago...

the Pittsburgh connection is that he says because he saw price arrive in Pittsburgh then it is a false rumor...

in sum, this is montreal media... the dude didnt have anything to write so made **** up...

Rscorpio 10-27-2009 05:41 PM

oooooo:speechlesook any link?

AlexCvm 10-27-2009 05:45 PM

The rumour started on NRJ... :shakehead

gee 10-27-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurisconsult (Post 21821622)
all this guys is saying is that there was a rumor he heard on a radio station today that Price was traded to Chicago...

the Pittsburgh connection is that he says because he saw price arrive in Pittsburgh then it is a false rumor...

in sum, this is montreal media... the dude didnt have anything to write so made **** up...

thanks

Metropolitsky 10-27-2009 05:51 PM

Some people really hate Price is getting ridiculous

HarlemsFinest 10-27-2009 05:52 PM

lol why wouldn't price be in pittsburgh?

starting or not he's gonna be dressed to play, duh

One Trick Pony 10-27-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metropolitsky (Post 21821770)
Some people really hate Price is getting ridiculous

I think it's impossible in Montreal that a player be loved by everybody, which is normal but here it seems like it's so much for the wrong reasons..

I mean just yesterday I was watching l'attaque à 5 and they were discussing picking Price before Kopitar and one of the morons' arguments was basically: Look at Kopitar, he is number one in points after not even 15 games, whereas Price is warming up the bench for us.. And that's when it gets into people's heads and they start hating Price not even because he's bad (which he isn't) but because like 10 other teams, we didn't pick Kopitar.

All this to say that it is so stupid how they start bringing arguments on who we should have or not have drafted because of 1 season.. It's been what 3 years since the draft? And nobody said a thing after they saw Price play. Now that Kopitar is playing better than ever and Price not playing, they start hating..

Sports1131 10-27-2009 06:01 PM

I can't believe anyone would believe a trade rumour involving Price. Not going to happen.

Next Best Thing* 10-27-2009 06:03 PM

energie?

Isnt that the radio station where those clowns are that make funny voices and skits... maybe that was one of them?

Gary320 10-27-2009 06:04 PM

I don't get why its so hard for fans to get the idea that having two young AND CHEAP $$$ goalies is a good thing.

If Price was 4/5 million dollar goalie, then I understand but HES NOT. Why trade a cheap goalie who when if Halak has a streak of bad games, you can put PRICE in.. and when he starts having a bad streak going.. you put HALAK in..

ITS NOT COMPLICATED PEOPLE. There is no point to trade EITHER goalie at this point. Id rather have two young cheap goalies than one of them and Curtis Sandford or a 5 million dollar back up.

JGRB 10-27-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliash (Post 21821917)
All this to say that it is so stupid how they start bringing arguments on who we should have or not have drafted because of 1 season.. It's been what 3 years since the draft? And nobody said a thing after they saw Price play. Now that Kopitar is playing better than ever and Price not playing, they start hating..

Kopitar sure would look good in our uniform though.. Goalies rarely get taken first round, nevermind the top 10.. IMO, we could have drafted an organisational need (big body center; Kopitar) and traded up (if we deemed it to be required) to get Price.

RE-HABS 10-27-2009 06:08 PM

People complain about not developing star players or keeping them...wonder why?

Fans and Media = Problem!

Kriss E 10-27-2009 06:09 PM

Lavoie I usually respect, but what the heck is the point of reporting a rumor that didn't happen??..
Furthermore, the return is completely unknown.

Like W.T.F..seriously.

What is the point of reporting such a thing that's probably not even true?

YMCMBeaulieu 10-27-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 21822021)
Kopitar sure would look good in our uniform though.. Goalies rarely get taken first round, nevermind the top 10.. IMO, we could have drafted an organisational need (big body center; Kopitar) and traded up (if we deemed it to be required) to get Price.

At the time our biggest need was defense and if Price wasn't taken it was reportedly going to be Marc Staal.

sampollock 10-27-2009 06:10 PM

price is going nowhere

JGRB 10-27-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernell Karl (Post 21822043)
At the time our biggest need was defense and if Price wasn't taken it was reportedly going to be Marc Staal.

Also a solid pick, IMO.

sampollock 10-27-2009 06:11 PM

crap,

french media,

bob should come on and trash this asap

HockeyF3ind 10-27-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampollock (Post 21822074)
crap,

french media,

bob should come on and trash this asap

Or just ignore it like all the other nonsense from the Quebec hockey media machine.