HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hudler Watch... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=697255)

RedMenace 10-27-2009 07:40 PM

Hudler Watch...

In case anyone is interested (and I know you are), Hudler is tied for 3rd (Radulov) in KHL scoring with 8g, 14a in 20 games played. He is only behind Alexei Yashin (7g, 16a) and teammate Mattias Weinhandl (13g, 14a).

:handclap:

zecke26 10-27-2009 07:46 PM

we had reports in the prospect thread. his size still qualifies him as prospect i guess. ;)

does he play on the same line as weinhandl? that would explain his amount of points. :D

RedMenace 10-27-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 21823673)
we had reports in the prospect thread. his size still qualifies him as prospect i guess. ;)

does he play on the same line as weinhandl? that would explain his amount of points. :D

I'm not sure what line he plays on, but Dinamo Moscow had a rough start and is now 4th in the league, and they have two of the top 3 scorers.

Garl 10-28-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 21823673)

He does. They are tearing KHL right now. Weinhandl himself said that Jiri is even better than his previous linemates(Cajanek and Landry).

Huddy* 10-28-2009 08:36 AM

One word : KHL

GuloGulo 10-28-2009 08:48 AM

Hudler might be a very kickass player by the time he returns from the KHL. Hopefully Kenny has cap room to sign him then. Hudler's playing top minutes now, not supporting duty, and the KHL is a lot tougher than the AHL. Kenny needs to smoke the peace pipe, cuz rationally we got a bona fide top 6 guy stashed away there!

zecke26 10-28-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garl (Post 21829058)
He does. They are tearing KHL right now. Weinhandl himself said that Jiri is even better than his previous linemates(Cajanek and Landry).

oh great. thanks for the info. weinhandl is such an amazing player. if he'd have full vision, he would be among the better NHLers. but he can't handle small rinks it seems. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeytown93 (Post 21830866)
One word : KHL

well, that's not a really a word. ;)

Houston Red Winger 10-28-2009 09:28 AM

Go Hudler! :handclap:

I have three words: "He'll be back."

ZDH 10-28-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston Red Winger (Post 21831318)

I hope so....we retain his rights for as long as he plays in the KHL correct?

So when he comes back he can't just sign with any NHL team...pretty sure that's right

Super Berg 10-28-2009 10:20 AM

that's good for Hudler...too bad he isn't doing this in the NHL.

Rubbing shoulders with Yashin and Weinhandl is just not the same as hanging with Ovie and Sid the kid.

Hope he does decide to come by eventually and come back a stronger and better player.

Dang KHL and their oil money.

Super Berg 10-28-2009 10:29 AM

as for him coming back. I really don't know.

I mean it is a catch 22. If he plays well in the KHL he will get a raise and get paid even more by a Russian Team (tax free, blah blah blah. The guy is already making $5M per annum remember). Will Detroit give him matching salary based on his KHL numbers? not likely. He will have to come back and honor his 2 year $5.75M NHL deal, suck it up, kick butt and then earn a raise based on NHL numbers.

The question becomes, if Hudler can make $5M plus tax free in Russia would he come back and take a pay cut and then play well only to earn a deal that would still pay him less than his KHL salary? (ie. 3 years at $4M per, but not tax free)

The problem is that Hudler is being paid like a superstar in Russia and I am not sure any NHL club will ever look at him that way and pay him accordingly.
All this adds up to it not looking very good for him coming back.

detredWINgs 10-28-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuloGulo (Post 21830961)
Hudler might be a very kickass player by the time he returns from the KHL. Hopefully Kenny has cap room to sign him then. Hudler's playing top minutes now, not supporting duty, and the KHL is a lot tougher than the AHL. Kenny needs to smoke the peace pipe, cuz rationally we got a bona fide top 6 guy stashed away there!

He already was a bona fide top 6 guy. No, he wasn't fast or great defensively, but he was smart in the offensive zone. He's like Homer in that way - he doesn't have a full tool-set, but he's honed what he's good at. He knows when to shoot, knows when to pass, and hes very good at both.

GuloGulo 10-28-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detredWINgs (Post 21832288)
He already was a bona fide top 6 guy. No, he wasn't fast or great defensively, but he was smart in the offensive zone. He's like Homer in that way - he doesn't have a full tool-set, but he's honed what he's good at. He knows when to shoot, knows when to pass, and hes very good at both.

True. The difference being Homer (et all) might be off the books. Less competition for ice time etc.

TheNextOneX 10-28-2009 10:46 AM

Keep dreaming....Hudler will stay in KHL 4 a very long time....

RedMenace 10-28-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHope07 (Post 21832103)
as for him coming back. I really don't know.

I mean it is a catch 22. If he plays well in the KHL he will get a raise and get paid even more by a Russian Team (tax free, blah blah blah. The guy is already making $5M per annum remember). Will Detroit give him matching salary based on his KHL numbers? not likely. He will have to come back and honor his 2 year $5.75M NHL deal, suck it up, kick butt and then earn a raise based on NHL numbers.

The question becomes, if Hudler can make $5M plus tax free in Russia would he come back and take a pay cut and then play well only to earn a deal that would still pay him less than his KHL salary? (ie. 3 years at $4M per, but not tax free)

The problem is that Hudler is being paid like a superstar in Russia and I am not sure any NHL club will ever look at him that way and pay him accordingly.
All this adds up to it not looking very good for him coming back.

I think he makes his payday playing in a somewhat inferior league, then comes back to where the competition is up to snuff. The Wings hold his rights when he comes back (he stated he didn't want to play for any other NHL team, and he's got a contract waiting for him), so we've got him regardless.

Nobody in North America will ever pay anyone what they're making in the KHL, that's just a matter of economics. If you want to play in what is arguably the best league in the world, you take less money.

Franzenstein 10-28-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston Red Winger (Post 21831318)

I can't agree, In my eyes the Mike Brown hit knocked some sense into him. He won't get hit like that in the KHL, not even close. On top of that if you're the Pavel Datsyuk of the KHL and getting paid real well, why would you leave all that for a 3rd line role on the Wings. From his perspective, is their anything he would gain by coming back?

lazerbullet 10-28-2009 03:01 PM

Hudler with another helper on the PP, today. But his team lost 1-5.

Overall, Hudler has been scoring a lot of points on the power play. What else is new, huh?

He seems to click with Weinhandl very well. Weinhandl plays well with pass-first guys (Martensson!). So they are really perfect match.

DaFranzenator 10-28-2009 03:56 PM

Am I the only one here who could care less what Hudler's doing in the KHL, as far as I'm concerned I hope he doesn;t come back to the Wings and stays in there the rest of his miserable career, ok well that might be a little harsh but.... he's not a Wing so be gone and stay gone for all I care, lol.

Johnny Law 10-28-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franzenstein (Post 21836620)
I can't agree, In my eyes the Mike Brown hit knocked some sense into him. He won't get hit like that in the KHL, not even close. On top of that if you're the Pavel Datsyuk of the KHL and getting paid real well, why would you leave all that for a 3rd line role on the Wings. From his perspective, is their anything he would gain by coming back?

x2

The only way I see him coming back to Detroit is if the hookers are substantially better which I'm pretty sure there not. Still I definitely wouldn't miss his ability to score goals right now.

Jim Morrison 10-28-2009 04:32 PM

I really want some NHL team to give Weinhandl another shot. Don't know, maybe the Red Wings should pick him up?:naughty:

RedMenace 10-28-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaAnotherWingsFaN (Post 21837669)
Am I the only one here who could care less what Hudler's doing in the KHL, as far as I'm concerned I hope he doesn;t come back to the Wings and stays in there the rest of his miserable career, ok well that might be a little harsh but.... he's not a Wing so be gone and stay gone for all I care, lol.

Then don't post in the thread. Simple as that.

:dunno:

And yes, technically he still is a Wing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazerbullet (Post 21836725)
Hudler with another helper on the PP, today. But his team lost 1-5.

Overall, Hudler has been scoring a lot of points on the power play. What else is new, huh?

Where are you getting the point breakdown? The KHL site only lists PP goals, of which he has 2 out of 8 total.

EDIT: And one short-handed goal, which means they've got him on the PK -- :scared:

r0bert8841 10-28-2009 06:10 PM

Why wouldn't Hudler come back in 2 years? If he gains some muscle and gets better defensively he could easily be a 70+ point scorer at worst, he won't be on the 3rd line either. I am sure after 2 years of dominating the KHL he will get bored and come back to the best league. He got his pay check and by then he will be 27 and entering his prime. He still has his best years ahead of him and he will be a star.

How does this sound
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen
Leino - Filppula - Hudler

Schroedingers Cat 10-28-2009 09:40 PM

Heaton spoils all my fun!:cry:

Hudler will be back as soon as we've solved our cap problems.

Riddarn 10-29-2009 08:26 AM

Weinhandl is a guy that would fit in perfectly on the Wings I think. Former wunderkid-talent that really never made it.. he's highly skilled though, before his eye injury (he was intentionally slashed in the eye by a czech player and lost 80% vision on that eye) he was up there with the Sedins and Zetterberg. He also used to have pretty good chemistry with Zetterberg on the national team back in the day.

RedMenace 10-29-2009 10:15 AM

Hell, why not bring back Hudler and give Weinhandl a tryout at camp next season? If he wants to, he could at least play on the 3rd line (where Hudler would likely be anyway :shakehead ) and provide some kind of scoring threat.

Of course, he is "damaged goods," and there's got to be a reason nobody has given him a chance in the NHL... but it couldn't hurt to add another Swede, right? :)