HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Price being traded for a star goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=697492)

WestIslander 10-28-2009 12:16 PM

Price being traded for a star goalie

Here it is from the famous Eklund!

Quote:

Anyway, back to the Habs...I received word this morning that I "shouldn't be ignoring these rumors this time, and that what people don't realize is that the Canadiens aren't doing this to make Halak the starter. The Habs aren't selling when it comes to Price...they are buying. If the deal I heard does go down, the fans in Montreal will have another goalie that they will love."
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...t-1230/1/23941

hototogisu 10-28-2009 12:17 PM

Why post this

CPrice 10-28-2009 12:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/wfXPO.jpg
There only real because he wants to drive traffic to his site.

Habsfan18 10-28-2009 12:18 PM

:laugh: Oh Eklund.

Habs 4 Life 10-28-2009 12:19 PM

Doubt it,should be another false rumor for Ek trying to create lots of hits for his site

TomPlex 10-28-2009 12:20 PM

We should just have 1 guy who we send on missions to get the updates from Ek's site and have everyone else read the updates in this thread so Ek doesn't get the hits he's looking for. ;)

RE-HABS 10-28-2009 12:21 PM

Your reading his rumour incorrectly, he stats that Price isn't the selling feature right now it is Halak. Price is staying according to him with Halak in the deal for another "good" goalie.

PunkinDrublic* 10-28-2009 12:21 PM

Trading Price for another Goalie makes NO SENSE ! I couldn't give a **** who it is !
Now if it were for Nash, then Hmmm Hmmm. **** the cap !!!:D

Habsfan18 10-28-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 21833847)
Your reading his rumour incorrectly, he stats that Price isn't the selling feature right now it is Halak. Price is staying according to him with Halak in the deal for another "good" goalie.

No, that article clearly states that Eklund thinks Price could be traded.

maci4life 10-28-2009 12:23 PM

calling it now. Price for Luongo. anyone else and i'll be super pissed.

Habs 4 Life 10-28-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration (Post 21833861)
Trading Price for another Goalie makes NO SENSE ! I couldn't give a **** who it is !
Now if it were for Nash, then Hmmm Hmmm. **** the cap !!!:D

Cause Columbus has problems with Mason?I don't think so

If this is true witch I doubt,I'm thinking of Nick Backstrom for some reason,unless Ek heard something about Luongo...

Ginu 10-28-2009 12:24 PM

Nabokov? San Jose is supposed to shake things up and haven't - I wouldn't say Michalek was part of their core. But I really don't see us making a trade without getting top 6 help and by taking someone like Nabokov, our hands would be tied in salary. Anyone that could give us top 6 help would be unattainable. Other than Nabokov, I can't see any other top 5 goalies that's attainable. Brodeur and Luongo aren't going anywhere and Kiprusoff is old and on the way down. I don't think the fans would be happy with trading Price for any other goaltender. It won't be Leclaire or Mason. That said, Price isn't being traded at his age.

Blind Gardien 10-28-2009 12:24 PM

If he knows we'll love the new goalie, why can't he name him? Do we automatically love all goalies? Or does he have a specific name? If he has a specific name, and his site is a rumour site, why not name the specific name?

Why am I even trying to understand it... ? :blush:

RE-HABS 10-28-2009 12:24 PM

His quote:

I received word this morning that I "shouldn't be ignoring these rumors this time, and that what people don't realize is that the Canadiens aren't doing this to make Halak the starter. The Habs aren't selling when it comes to Price...they are buying. If the deal I heard does go down, the fans in Montreal will have another goalie that they will love."

That reads to me that the Habs are showcasing a hot Halak to get some help in return.

If Montreal can package a hot Halak with some other pieces to get a top 6 winger and a another goalie in return I don't think this is a bad thing to do since Price has played well, the team in front of him wasn't playing as well and now are.

Next Best Thing* 10-28-2009 12:26 PM

:biglaugh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by maci4life (Post 21833914)

:biglaugh::facepalm:

you want to see out 1st gone too? possibly Weber?

Habsfan18 10-28-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maci4life (Post 21833914)

Please don't tell me you actually believe this...

Next Best Thing* 10-28-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 21833931)
If he knows we'll love the new goalie, why can't he name him? Do we automatically love all goalies? Or does he have a specific name? If he has a specific name, and his site is a rumour site, why not name the specific name?

careful ur head is running hot there :D

CPrice 10-28-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 21833931)

Dont try and understand it. The only thing you need to know is this craziness drives traffic to his website.

WestIslander 10-28-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Makes sense because:

1) Price is from B.C. and Luongo is from Quebec
2) Luongo in Montreal means we are closer to being a contender since Patrick Roy left
3) Vancouver may regret the signing and long term contract

maci4life 10-28-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 21833964)
Please don't tell me you actually believe this...

it wouldn't be 1 for 1, but it makes sense.

BC native for a Quebec native.

other than that...we're basing this off an Eklund fantasy rumour, therefore i'm giving my fantasy trade!!

RE-HABS 10-28-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 21833915)

If this is true witch I doubt,I'm thinking of Nick Backstrom for some reason,unless Ek heard something about Luongo...

I think any deal with the Wild would be Harding coming our way and a package of players going each way as well.

Max et Guillaume 10-28-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 21833938)
His quote:

I received word this morning that I "shouldn't be ignoring these rumors this time, and that what people don't realize is that the Canadiens aren't doing this to make Halak the starter. The Habs aren't selling when it comes to Price...they are buying. If the deal I heard does go down, the fans in Montreal will have another goalie that they will love."

That reads to me that the Habs are showcasing a hot Halak to get some help in return.

If Montreal can package a hot Halak with some other pieces to get a top 6 winger and a another goalie in return I don't think this is a bad thing to do since Price has played well, the team in front of him wasn't playing as well and now are.

Agreed, the article clearly states that they will not "sell" Price.. Price is not being traded, Halak is... well according to E-Clown anyways...

hototogisu 10-28-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maci4life (Post 21834019)
it wouldn't be 1 for 1, but it makes sense.

BC native for a Quebec native.

other than that...we're basing this off an Eklund fantasy rumour, therefore i'm giving my fantasy trade!!

How in god's name does it make sense for Vancouver?!

maci4life 10-28-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 21834018)
Makes sense because:

1) Price is from B.C. and Luongo is from Quebec
2) Luongo in Montreal means we are closer to being a contender since Patrick Roy left
3) Vancouver may regret the signing and long term contract

pretty much what i'm thinking.

how mtl handles luongo's contract is a different matter though.

PunkinDrublic* 10-28-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 21833915)

I don't give a rats ass what their problem is, if we are trading Price it better be for someone like NASH !