HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: What are the habs missing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=697681)

The Price is Right 10-28-2009 09:30 PM

What are the habs missing?

I think the habs are missing two good wingers to play with plecanek. Kostityn cannot play on the 2 line anymore and we need two good wingers.

Who can we get?

Quarantesix 10-28-2009 09:32 PM

we need a 2nd line winger since the beginning of the year. Kostitsyn will find his groove, let's hope it's ****ing soon.

and I think the other winger should be Sergei

King Woodballs 10-28-2009 09:33 PM

defensemen that are faster then frozen molasses

xposbrad 10-28-2009 09:34 PM

we're missing kovalchuk and markov

MathMan 10-28-2009 09:35 PM

Mostly, they need...

*deep breath*

They need AK46 to wake up, they need their strong starts to bring them proper leads rather than the Habs being down one, they need to stop getting frustrated when such things happen again as they are bound to, they need the defensive system to gel enough that there aren't so many breakdown, they need to get some amount of puck luck (average would be nice at this point), and they need one of their goalies to get hot.

(And they need Markov to get healthy, but that goes without saying.)

In other words, I don't see that they need a whole lot in terms of players, though another second-line winger would be nice.

And they need fans that don't overreact so much. ;)

NORiculous 10-28-2009 09:36 PM

I think they are missing a stanley cup.

GoodKiwi 10-28-2009 09:37 PM

We mostly need better defense, offense and goaltending.

Hab-a-maniac 10-28-2009 09:37 PM

Enough capable d-men, size down the middle and in our scoring ranks (Moen doesn't count as one of our top scorers and Lats wouldn't know what do with his size if it strangled him). In addition, high end talent from our prospect pool. We seem to never get much better than a 2nd line forward. Tomas Plekanec has been our best pt. producer of our draftees this decade and Andrei Kostitsyn our best goal scorer. Not cutting it! We seem to dull down gems from the moment they step on Hab ice. I just hope we don't do the same to P.K. Subban who can be our own poor man's Mike Green to Cammy's poor man's Ovechkin!

Turtleneck Plek 10-28-2009 09:38 PM

We're missing Markov.

O'Byrne too. I'm sure with those two, the D wouldn't look as shaky and brain fart-prone.

Sure, we could use some help on the 2nd, but Markov would solve a lot of our problems right now.

Hab-a-maniac 10-28-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodKiwi (Post 21845895)
We mostly need better defense, offense and goaltending.

Disagree. With our goaltending, the Red Wings could have won the cup last year. Luongo is amazing, so where's his ring? Give me a team up front and on the back end I can feel great about and then we'll analyze getting that goalie. What's the point in worrying "Can Price be the cup winning goalie for us? Or Halak?" when you don't even have the cup-capable team to surround them with.

Thinkbig 10-28-2009 09:40 PM

Buyout Laraque and Gill. Call up Subban. Another Top 6 winger (must be tallllll!!!).

Quarantesix 10-28-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 21846029)
Buyout Laraque and Gill. Call up Subban. Another Top 6 winger (must be tallllll!!!).

why?? So overreacting fans can call him a bust?? He only have 3 points in the AHL

The Gal Pals 10-28-2009 09:44 PM

The whole team was missing tonight. Gionta played almost as bad as Kostitsyn but I do agree the latter needs to be replaced.

Galchenyum 10-28-2009 09:45 PM

Lecavalier.

m00ks 10-28-2009 09:46 PM

A second line makes them competitive, Markov makes them consistent. We're missing both and we're getting by. This team will look better in January.

Iwishihadacup 10-28-2009 09:46 PM

Markov

And I'd rather have Bell than that ******** gill

MathMan 10-28-2009 09:47 PM

You know what? I missed the most important bit in my post above.

What does this team need most right now? PATIENCE.

Unfortunately, this is not something that is in strong supply in Montreal.

otto bond 10-28-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Price is Right (Post 21845685)
I think the habs are missing two good wingers to play with plecanek. Kostityn cannot play on the 2 line anymore and we need two good wingers.

Who can we get?

A top 6 PF and maybe wen OB comes back he can help the D situation.

Nedved 10-28-2009 09:48 PM

on the 3rd day of christmas my true love gave to me, a second line winger

2 pucking moving defenseman

and a goalie who doesnt flop around.

Quarantesix 10-28-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 21846172)
The whole team was missing tonight. Gionta played almost as bad as Kostitsyn but I do agree the latter needs to be replaced.

replaced by what. Lats and Pacioretty or by a NHL10 type of trade where we get two top6 forward for players you don't want no more on the team???

Agnostic 10-28-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Price is Right (Post 21845685)

Who can we get?

It's missing a world class shut down line. their general pursuit is good, they close the gaps quickly, but Crosby had too much space out there. Easier said than done I know but you can't give that line that much space.

Really on 2 plays Sidney is virtually alone against Halak. I know it's tough without last change but c'mon, these are the Pens.

MathMan 10-28-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earl the habs fan (Post 21846337)
It's missing a world class shut down line.

Shut down lines are mostly a thing of the past. Most teams don't use them anymore.

tinyzombies 10-28-2009 09:53 PM

Markov and someone like Subban (when he's ready), then move Gill.

A big second line center who can skate and has a brain like Jordan Staal (good luck).

I don't like any of our second line options right now. Lapierre is a third liner and Pax is too young. D'Ags is not ready. AKost needs to join his brother and get them going in Hamilton together. Latendresse can't skate - third liner.

A fourth line center with size who can skate and has a mean streak.

Some more seasoning for the goalies, or else make a deal for Dan Ellis or someone.

But above all, patience as said below.

Quarantesix 10-28-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 21846256)
You know what? I missed the most important bit in my post above.

What does this team need most right now? PATIENCE.

Unfortunately, this is not something that is in strong supply in Montreal.

you speak the truth tonight, this team is in the right way we just need to be patient. They are already 10 times better that they were at the beginning of the season

mikeg 10-28-2009 09:55 PM

- uhmm 4 top 3 picks on offence and in nets would be a start
- 2 bonafide superstars
- a big centre
- mobile d
- reliable net minding

should i go on? why is this question still being asked?