HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal: Could we get Higgins back for nearly nothing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=698242)

The Gal Pals 10-30-2009 02:02 PM

Could we get Higgins back for nearly nothing?
 
So far this year Chris Higgins has 2 assists in 13 games and tonight he's a healthy scratch (even though Gaborik is out) and he's been in Tortorella's doghouse for awhile now. He's currently making $2.25M.

We all know he's capable of putting the puck in the net despite his poor play as of late. The Habs could trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and take him off NYR's hands - all of a sudden we look like big winners in the Gomez trade. He would add some depth on our 2nd line and it would be an upgrade on A. Kost.

This is just a humble proposal...

GoodKiwi 10-30-2009 02:03 PM

I would take him back right now.

Quarantesix 10-30-2009 02:05 PM

I think the question is Do we wanting him back

azrok22 10-30-2009 02:06 PM

Higgins has a groin injury, he is not a healthy scratch.

Edit:
Quote:

The Habs could trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and take him off NYR's hands - all of a sudden we look like big winners in the Gomez trade.
I'm pretty confident you could get him for a 2nd rounder, but even if so, I don't think that would make you winners in the Gomez trade, let alone big winners.

Traitor8 10-30-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 21870416)
I think the question is Do we wanting him back

a 2nd is too high.

Give a 3rd + Laraque lol (because 2.25 M $ is a lot )
otherwise
Trade a 3rd for him, try to trade Laraque somewhere else to get the money.

Erika 10-30-2009 02:08 PM

I'd trade Kyle Chipchura for him straight up...

he is worth nothing more...


:tinker:

DogsFan* 10-30-2009 02:08 PM

Why would we want him back? All he does is miss the net. The man cannot finish.

Gary320 10-30-2009 02:08 PM

Meh.. I honestly dont think he'd make a huge difference to our second line.. but if we can trade away Laraque.. and get Higgins I wouldnt be upset.

habspinner 10-30-2009 02:08 PM

He would add depth, but it would probably make more sense to simply sign him as a UFA at the end of this year if we actually really wanted him back, which I don't know if upper management really does.

He's definitely been a disappointment in NY, but unless he tanks all year, he should get at least some interest from some teams at the end of this season. But let's be honest, Higgins is a 3rd liner, and at best a depth signing at the 2nd line. He's not the impact player that the Habs so desperately need.

Kimota 10-30-2009 02:09 PM

Hell Noooo!

PATCHESx67 10-30-2009 02:09 PM

are you serious lolll

some people and there funny proposals

Quarantesix 10-30-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 21870455)
Meh.. I honestly dont think he'd make a huge difference to our second line.. but if we can trade away Laraque.. and get Higgins I wouldnt be upset.

Laraque and Brasher on the same team make sense:sarcasm:

Traitor8 10-30-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 21870447)
Why would we want him back? All he does is miss the net. The man cannot finish.

We can use him as depth and as a shutdown player like he was for team USA in juniors. Do u think he would be doing worst than Kostitsyn right now ?

Also if they accept Laraque or somebody takes him off our hands, he would only cost 750 k more .. so it's worth taking a risk. He might pot 20 goals for you on the 2nd line again. He might also find his scoring touch with Gionta and Gomez, you never know.

Analyzer 10-30-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn (Post 21870440)
I'd trade Kyle Chipchura for him straight up...

he is worth nothing more...


:tinker:

Chipchura has been useful. He makes less than Higgins, who is playing like a 4th liner, so common sense who suggest Chipchura > Higgins.

:tinker:

Traitor8 10-30-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 21870484)
Laraque and Brasher on the same team make sense:sarcasm:

We're not trading something of value for Higgins + giving him 2.25 M $ ..that's not worth it. His trade value is near crap at the moment.

Monsieur 10-30-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 21870376)
We all know he's capable of putting the puck in the net despite his poor play as of late.

Wait what?

You talking about Higgins here? He's capable of putting the puck on the post but in the net... Hmm...

Quarantesix 10-30-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traitor8 (Post 21870514)
We're not trading something of value for Higgins + giving him 2.25 M $ ..that's not worth it. His trade value is near crap at the moment.

so they will keep him or trade him to another team;)

Traitor8 10-30-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsieur (Post 21870519)
Wait what?

You talking about Higgins here? He's capable of putting the puck on the post but in the net... Hmm...

I don't think he meant that he will score a ton of goals, but he's a very capable 20 goal guy every year. It just adds depth to our team and provides some type of secondary scoring ..

Also with Jacques, he would knwo the partying is done. I think he will get the fact that he has to take it seriously now after being traded twice in less than a year ...

macavoy 10-30-2009 02:17 PM

Yea lets solve the Rangers Cap problem again by paying them a draft pick to shed salary of a player that isn't producing to his salary level.

hototogisu 10-30-2009 02:20 PM

We already have what Higgins does (not score) in Latendresse and Pacioretty at a smaller cap hit.

Magic33 10-30-2009 02:22 PM

No thanks, he has those numbers for a reason. If we need a top 6 forward, we will package something and get one through trade. No to Higgins.

Traitor8 10-30-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 21870570)
Yea lets solve the Rangers Cap problem again by paying them a draft pick to shed salary of a player that isn't producing to his salary level.

Thats' why I said we trade Laraque for him ..a problem for a problem.

I wouldn't accept a deal other wise. Higgins' salary is also only for this year.

I doubt they would accept it though but if Tortorella is really sick of him then maybe he would.


Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Sergei-Pleks-Andrei
Higgins-Metropolit-Moen
D'Agostini-Chipchura-Lapierre

Latendresse Healthy Scratch
Andrei is very close to being a healthy scratch afterward
Pacioretty to the minors

If the 2nd line still doesn't work, u can put higgins up there , or D'Agostini ... if all things dont' work , we need to trade.

Kimota 10-30-2009 02:24 PM

I would rather have Dagenais back. At least he was good at shootouts.

Doctor House 10-30-2009 02:24 PM

His NHL career is just about over - he'll be lucky to get a contract next season. DO NOT WANT!

Habs 4 Life 10-30-2009 02:30 PM

No way,didn't work out and I'm sure with a trade there is better out there


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.