HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ribeiro's act (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69861)

jacklours 04-11-2004 08:33 PM

Ribeiro's act
 
I didn't have much respect for Ribeiro, but I lost a lot of it after what he did. it was beneficial, but I don't agree with that at all

LPHabsFan 04-11-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
I didn't have much respect for Ribeiro, but I lost a lot of it after what he did. it was beneficial, but I don't agree with that at all

yea.....it wasnt very classy. But it was damn hilarious.

TroyM 04-11-2004 08:36 PM

I don't see why you'd complain about that, I'm up for anything in the playoffs as long as it helps the team.

YOUTH OF HABS 04-11-2004 08:38 PM

..
 
i agree...it was the right thing

but what do you do when the ref isn't going to blow the whistle on an actual penalty ???

something had to be done...refs were garbage

NHLcrazy 04-11-2004 08:39 PM

Axelsson's little act to stop the habs rush earlier wasn't to nice either...It's part of the game

Mike8 04-11-2004 08:39 PM

Experience a shoulder dislocation before jumping to conclusions. It's extremely painful. Then when the shoulder's popped back in there's a feeling of relief and you're immediately pain-free.

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 08:39 PM

What about Axelson? He faked also. It's the playoffs, do anything to win.

Moumni_Bachir 04-11-2004 08:39 PM

The act of Ribeiro wasn't that bad, if you have seen that ******** de McGillis dropping his stick to injure Begin...that deserve a kick ass.

Mathletic 04-11-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Axelsson's little act to stop the habs rush earlier wasn't to nice either...It's part of the game

damn right ... better have a thread about stupid officials rather than about Ribeiro

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Experience a shoulder dislocation before jumping to conclusions. It's extremely painful. Then when the shoulder's popped back in there's a feeling of relief and you're immediately pain-free.

Mike I love you man, but getting a disolated shoulder popped back in hurts more then the dislocations. And he faked it hardcore.

StanleyCH25 04-11-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
I didn't have much respect for Ribeiro, but I lost a lot of it after what he did. it was beneficial, but I don't agree with that at all

Considering the horrendous officiating (Fraser again? Surprised?), I'm not completely against what he did. He gave his team time to regroup and figure out how to finish this game.

WBC8 04-11-2004 08:42 PM

Officials sucked, but make no mistakes, Ribiero is a p****......


Good game though, and a great series so far.... :yo:

TroyM 04-11-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
The act of Ribeiro wasn't that bad, if you have seen that ******** de McGillis dropping his stick to injure Begin...that deserve a kick ass.

Exactly, that pissed me off so much, if Begin is hurt I sincerely hope someone gives that cheap shotter a taste of his own medicine.

LaLaLaprise 04-11-2004 08:43 PM

Mikey is a panzy...everyone knows that.

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Officials sucked, but make no mistakes, Ribiero is a p****......


Good game though, and a great series so far.... :yo:

YA we know Ribs is a ***** he is 5 foot nothing. If he was 6 foot 4 and *****, like Thorton, then you can talk.

Great series none the less.

TheZodiac 04-11-2004 08:44 PM

Pathetic IMHO, your on TV from coast to coast and you pull that stunt:(

Markov79 04-11-2004 08:44 PM

i hope the bruins beat the living crap out of him...and that we win anyway

reffing was awful, frasier can bite me

Moumni_Bachir 04-11-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyM
Exactly, that pissed me off so much, if Begin is hurt I sincerely hope someone gives that cheap shotter a taste of his own medicine.

I can do it but I will surely go to prison, but Montreal Canadiens can, I hope Begin will give justice to himself. Go BEGIN Go!

Mike8 04-11-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Mike I love you man, but getting a disolated shoulder popped back in hurts more then the dislocations. And he faked it hardcore.

Yeah, and he was still in pain when it was being popped back in by the looks. Then he was OK afterwards.

He could have been faking but it would've been a damn good job if he was.

mcphee 04-11-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Officials sucked, but make no mistakes, Ribiero is a p****......


Good game though, and a great series so far.... :yo:

When I saw the look on Ribeiro's face when he got up, and the smirk in the post game interviews, I sort of figured you guys would have a focal point now. Game on I guess. Maybe , with it being Easter and all, it's a miracle.

bostontrevor 04-11-2004 08:47 PM

What I'm about to say I would say just the same as if it were a Bruins player.

Even if the officiating was terrible and lopsided, that doesn't justify cheating in order to curry favor and disrupt a fair play. That's cheap. It's straight-up cheating.

I don't think the officiating was weighted against Montreal and I don't think Axelsson was acting either, but even if it were true, that still doesn't justify Ribeiro's act. A true competitor doesn't sink to the level of the cheater just to even it up on the scoresheet.

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Yeah, and he was still in pain when it was being popped back in by the looks. Then he was OK afterwards.

He could have been faking but it would've been a damn good job if he was.

You cannot pop a shoulder back in lying on the ground, plus I don't thin a trained proffesional would do it on the ice, that is freaking retardly dangerous.

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostontrevor
What I'm about to say I would say just the same as if it were a Bruins player.

Even if the officiating was terrible and lopsided, that doesn't justify cheating in order to curry favor and disrupt a fair play. That's cheap. It's straight-up cheating.

I don't think the officiating was weighted against Montreal and I don't think Axelsson was acting either, but even if it were true, that still doesn't justify Ribeiro's act. A true competitor doesn't sink to the level of the cheater just to even it up on the scoresheet.

Cough Axelson cough

BruinsChica 04-11-2004 08:51 PM

If he had to fake it to guarentee a win, then he must not have much faith in the team...

Mike8 04-11-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
You cannot pop a shoulder back in lying on the ground, plus I don't thin a trained proffesional would do it on the ice, that is freaking retardly dangerous.

Why? I've seen a few dislocations and any time I've seen it the intent is always to pop it back into place as soon as possible if you can feel a way to do it. There's varying levels of dislocation and some aren't as severe as others.

I think it's premature of everyone to presume he was acting. It could've very well been a dislocation. It would've been incredibly stupid on Ribeiro's part to act as if he was fine after pretending to be in such pain. He would be making the officials out to be fools. Never a good idea to manipulate the officials and alienate them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.