HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs Will Take Out Bruins in 6!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69872)

#1 Habitant 04-11-2004 09:58 PM

Habs Will Take Out Bruins in 6!!!!!

Yes, you heard it here first, Hab fans! Judging from the team's performance over the past 2 games, it is clear that Les Boys will take Boston in 6. I have fully recovered from my 1st playoff game loss depression. The only thing I would change, if I were Julien, would be to dress Komi and insert him wherever needed. i.e. in front of Raycroft on the pp. Go Habs!!!!!

EaGLE1 04-11-2004 10:00 PM

6 or 7 yeah!

jimnevets 04-11-2004 10:08 PM

maybe

take out Quintal and Dagenais
put in Komisarek and Perreault

Ryder and Ribero are coming alive, imagine how they would do if they were not shorthanded all the time?

Munchausen 04-11-2004 10:52 PM

Never going to happen if Theodore doesn't find his game back. Tonight the players were pumped because it was do or die. 3-0 and it would have been over. Now I'm sure the Bruins will come out harder next game, and the Habs maybe a bit less intense (or confident). If Theodore finds his grove again, great. If he doesn't, Raycroft is going to eat us alive.

rodmtl 04-11-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Habitant
Yes, you heard it here first, Hab fans! Judging from the team's performance over the past 2 games, it is clear that Les Boys will take Boston in 6. I have fully recovered from my 1st playoff game loss depression. The only thing I would change, if I were Julien, would be to dress Komi and insert him wherever needed. i.e. in front of Raycroft on the pp. Go Habs!!!!!

that was my prediction for this one : habz in 6
let says they win on tuesday (in MTL!), they wont like to play 2 games in Boston... so I think they will do everything to win the next game in Boston

hopefullly, they ll win the next 3..

benji 04-11-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a plan

CrAzYNiNe 04-11-2004 11:21 PM

Was there ever a doubt?

fufonzo 04-11-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Never going to happen if Theodore doesn't find his game back. Tonight the players were pumped because it was do or die. 3-0 and it would have been over. Now I'm sure the Bruins will come out harder next game, and the Habs maybe a bit less intense (or confident). If Theodore finds his grove again, great. If he doesn't, Raycroft is going to eat us alive.

Totally agree. Raycroft is playing amazing. Theo's really gonna have to step it up a couple dozen notches and the Habs are gonna have to come out flying again next game. The B's are gonna be coming out strong, i garantee it.

EaGLE1 04-11-2004 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimnevets
maybe

Ryder and Ribero are coming alive, imagine how they would do if they were not shorthanded all the time?

I know we should replace Quintal by Komi but it wont happen.
Is Perreault is really an upgrade over Dagenais?

tinyzombies 04-12-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I know we should replace Quintal by Komi but it wont happen.
Is Perreault is really an upgrade over Dagenais?

I disagree. Komisarek is not ready to handle the puck with that kind of pressure. Samsonov would eat him alive. I thought Quintal played very well, one of the few guys who handled the puck well tonight. We did have a good transition game until we got the two goal lead though.

Hopefully Saku will be recovered from the flu for next game. We need Saku to take his game up and for our offense to score more than three goals.

TwineSniper 04-12-2004 12:14 AM

Quote:

Wasn't it you who just a few days ago cried out the Bruins were gonna take it a 4 straight? Wow, that's quite a change in attitude #1 Bandwagoner...umm I mean habitant.

TJF 04-12-2004 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Wasn't it you who just a few days ago cried out the Bruins were gonna take it a 4 straight? Wow, that's quite a change in attitude #1 Bandwagoner...umm I mean habitant.

Yep that was him, in fact here was his actual post from just two days ago.

Quote:

Habs Will Be Swept In 4!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is clear by now that the Habs cannot compete with Boston. With no particular reason in mind, the Habs are just too small up front, are not using their speed consistently, are not prepared (for the most part) to take a hit to make a play, are not prepared to take abuse in front of the net to disturb Raycroft (Zednik did a bit last night). I wonder if Bowman were coaching what he would do differently? One thing I could see would be to take Rivet or Komisarek and shove them in front of the net on the powerplay provided the Habs could get control of the puck from their dump and chase system. Theodore was weak on Bergeron's goal but you can't blame him when the guys in front of him have only managed one goal in two games and there was trafffic in front of him since the start of the series.
Mr. Gainey was correct that this is not the Hab's year for the Cup. Who will we all take up for in the next round? The Avs are looking good.

It's amazing what one game does, bandwagon jumpers are the worse kind of fans out there.

CrAzYNiNe 04-12-2004 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJF
Yep that was him, in fact here was his actual post from just two days ago.

It's amazing what one game does, bandwagon jumpers are the worse kind of fans out there.

I think habs fans like to perdict more then actually watch our team win.

fufonzo 04-12-2004 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise

No but I think he might be onto something. If you predict something different every time, you only need 8 predictions to garantee being right. See check it out:

You heard it here first: Habs win 4-2

You heard it here first: Habs win 4-3 :banana:

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-1

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-2

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-3

Now whenever the series does finally end, I can come back to this post and say "I told you we'd win 4-3." He may be a bandwagoner but when the series will be done. He will have correctly predicted the outcome! ;)

Brisson11 04-12-2004 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo
No but I think he might be onto something. If you predict something different every time, you only need 8 predictions to garantee being right. See check it out:

You heard it here first: Habs win 4-2

You heard it here first: Habs win 4-3 :banana:

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-1

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-2

You heard it here first: Bruins win 4-3

Now whenever the series does finally end, I can come back to this post and say "I told you we'd win 4-3." He may be a bandwagoner but when the series will be done. He will have correctly predicted the outcome! ;)

Now you've just turned this into a science here :amazed:

jcpenny 04-12-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimnevets
maybe

Ribs and Ryder had great games while Dags was invisible (hate to say i told you so)and Perreault wouldnt be an upgrade But, it wouldnt hurt the team. When i think of it, imagine if Hossa would have been brought along before the end of the season.

Hossa-Ribs-Ryder...sounds great aint it? ;)

Catala 04-12-2004 01:38 AM

Quote:

You again.

Sorry to be harsh on you, but 2 days ago you were killing our team and now you are saying we ll win in 6??? I don't want u to jinx us, i imagine u are just a kid, it's good to see you have now the faith, but a true fan never doubt, at least not in front of fellow fans.

Catala, if you are angry towards this post, my e-mail is Raynal_l@hotmail.com.

prabak11 04-12-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catala
You again.

Sorry to be harsh on you, but 2 days ago you were killing our team and now you are saying we ll win in 6??? I don't want u to jinx us, i imagine u are just a kid, it's good to see you have now the faith, but a true fan never doubt, at least not in front of fellow fans.

Catala, if you are angry towards this post, my e-mail is Raynal_l@hotmail.com.

ya i know he is gonna jinx us and plus he was saying before that we were gonna lose in 4 and now win in 6??? again guys we are getting way to confident for winning one game...we should take it one game at a time but i guarantee u we will win! :yo:

Mooch 04-12-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Ribs and Ryder had great games while Dags was invisible (hate to say i told you so)and Perreault wouldnt be an upgrade But, it wouldnt hurt the team. When i think of it, imagine if Hossa would have been brought along before the end of the season.

Hossa-Ribs-Ryder...sounds great aint it? ;)

On paper, ya, but in reality who knows how Hossa would perform. I think playing the full season in Hamilton was the right choice. He needs to build confidence going into next season.

Mooch 04-12-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
ya i know he is gonna jinx us and plus he was saying before that we were gonna lose in 4 and now win in 6??? again guys we are getting way to confident for winning one game...we should take it one game at a time but i guarantee u we will win! :yo:

Agreed.

Like the wise old man Gainey said, "one game at a time"

WBC8 04-12-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Nice to go out on a limb after the victory...! :D

We have a 7 game series on our hands!

Darz 04-12-2004 11:02 AM

I'd be happy with a victory Tuesday and taking it from there.

now that my prediction of the habs going 16-0 on route to the cup has been proven wrong!