HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Injury Report: Parent out a minimum one week; Briere and Gagne updates (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=698978)

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-01-2009 01:35 PM

Parent out a minimum one week; Briere and Gagne updates
 
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...644&feedID=695
Quote:


The only news the Flyers can use right now is something of a positive nature.

That may have come Sunday morning, when the Flyers learned that Danny Briere is feeling better and that he’s not being bothered by a right groin pull, but a pull to the inner thigh area, below his quad muscle.

This is good news because the area is totally removed from any of the groin/abdominal injuries the center/right wing suffered from last season that limited him to playing in just 20 games.

“Danny’s actually doing better,” said general manager Paul Holmgren about Briere, whoreceived a shot of platelet rich plasma into his leg last week. Briere continues his rehab and Holmgren says he hopes he can skate on Tuesday.

Quote:

Gagne is scheduled to visit noted abdominal specialist William Meyers on Monday at Hahnemann University Hospital for a final opinion as to the two small hernias in his right groin.

“He’ll see Dr. Meyers tomorrow and we’ll put an end to this,” said general manager Paul Holmgren, who is obviously frustrated that there has not been a resolution sooner. “At some point tomorrow, we’ll get some direction on what we’re going to do.”
Quote:

On the subject of right groin pulls, the news on defenseman Ryan Parent, isn’t good. Parent re-injured his right groin during Saturday’s 6-1 win over Carolina.

“We’re shutting him down a week,” Holmgren said. “He’s a little more sore today than he was yesterday. So, we’re just going to shut him down a week or so.”

CanadianFlyer88 11-01-2009 02:17 PM

Good news about Danny.

I wonder why they're seemingly opposed to having Gagne go under the knife.

HoverCarle* 11-01-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 21906186)
Good news about Danny.

I wonder why they're seemingly opposed to having Gagne go under the knife.

From what I can tell, Holmgren wants him to, but Gagne doesn't want to

Wolfy* 11-01-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

On the subject of right groin pulls, the news on defenseman Ryan Parent, isn’t good. Parent re-injured his right groin during Saturday’s 6-1 win over Carolina.

“We’re shutting him down a week,” Holmgren said. “He’s a little more sore today than he was yesterday. So, we’re just going to shut him down a week or so.”
:shakehead

Poor Ryan, they pushed him too hard.

Kind of practical to have one injury thread these days, isn't it..

sa cyred 11-01-2009 02:33 PM

Bring back Danny, leave Laliberte up for now.

Hartnell-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Powe-Pyorala-Laliberte
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy

I guess Coburn-Timonen is back together

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-Coburn
Syvret-OKT

GKJ 11-01-2009 02:38 PM

If Parent keeps getting hurt, they're going to have to be in the market for another defenseman, whether it be by trade or claiming someone else off waivers. Won't happen for a few months though.

FlyHigh 11-01-2009 03:14 PM

Have to love that training staff. Parent obviously has come back too soon and re-aggravated his groin, just an MVP job by them.

BillyShoe1721 11-01-2009 04:08 PM

Thanks again Jim. You're doing a real bang up job.

mm6492 11-01-2009 05:30 PM

Way to go training staff!!!!

MVP, MVP, MVP....

RoDu 11-01-2009 05:43 PM

-hey Jim, I'm not so sure the cast is ready to come off...
-naw you'll be fine
-but it's only been 72 hours! broken legs take longer than that to heel
-trust me *removes cast* ok, there you go, now you can play tonight
-*gets off table* cccccrack!!

McNasty 11-01-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 21907926)
Thanks again Jim. You're doing a real bang up job.

It's not like he can give him a muscle exam, all he can go by is what the player tells him

JXC 11-01-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNasty (Post 21909384)
It's not like he can give him a muscle exam, all he can go by is what the player tells him

That point's been made a million times here.

BobbyClarkeFan16 11-01-2009 06:34 PM

I don't think I've seen a franchise have as many "lower body" injuries than the Flyers. I'd like to find out over the past three to four seasons how many "lower body" injuries the Flyers have had. At some point, the training staff has to be held accountable for how frequent these guys are getting injured. And before anyone goes off about how "they can't tell if guys muscles are hurt or not", they can certainly start using some common sense and maybe a different approach to the training regimen they give these guys. Fingers need to be pointed at the training staff and Jim McCrossin should be prepared to answer questions as to why the number of lower body injuries on this team is so high.....

JXC 11-01-2009 06:37 PM

That point's been made here a million times, too.

JXC 11-01-2009 06:38 PM

Anyway, too bad for Parent - these are good years for him to break in. Must be frustrating.

KimiFerrari 11-01-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 21906276)
From what I can tell, Holmgren wants him to, but Gagne doesn't want to

If I were Gagne I wouldn't be listening to the Flyer's medical staff either.

phlocky 11-01-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimiFerrari (Post 21913508)
If I were Gagne I wouldn't be listening to the Flyer's medical staff either.

I AGREE 100% !!!

TheDrizzle81 11-01-2009 11:40 PM

And it begins......

Seguins Dragon* 11-02-2009 12:18 AM

You know, I love the flyers and I rarely post on your board, I do read it though....

But as for the injuries... the flyers ALWAYS ALWAYS AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS have the injury bug more than ANY other team it seems...

It is RIDICOLOUS...

It is so frustrating.. not sure how long the current medical staff is in charge, but if its been awhile... there must be a change, there are SOOOOOOOOOOO many man games the Flyers lose..

I bet they are in the top 10 for total amount of man games lost since post lockout... I am much to lazy nor do I know where to get such information... but it would be an interesting thing to see... just seems someone is hurt always (i know all teams get it, but with the flyers its a whole new level it seems)

Valhoun* 11-02-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by song4thedeaf (Post 21915385)

I bet they are in the top 10 for total amount of man games lost since post lockout... I am much to lazy nor do I know where to get such information... but it would be an interesting thing to see... just seems someone is hurt always (i know all teams get it, but with the flyers its a whole new level it seems)

I am fairly certain that they are in the top 2, just behind the Islanders.

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/3/18...l-s-most-injur

That link is from last March. So, it's no longer totally up to date, but it's not too far off either.

BringBackStevens 11-02-2009 09:47 AM

At some point do we need to call into question whether Ryan Parent has the ability to stay healthy enough to develop properly at the NHL level? He's already a good player but injuries have been a massive thorn in his side for quite some time now. I feel like he still has a lot of room to improve but he needs to stay in the lineup

Seguins Dragon* 11-02-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhoun (Post 21917211)
I am fairly certain that they are in the top 2, just behind the Islanders.

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/3/18...l-s-most-injur

That link is from last March. So, it's no longer totally up to date, but it's not too far off either.

I honestly wanted to say top 5 but I didn't want to sound ridicolous...

I am not surprised by this at all....

WOW... something really needs to be done here.

Thanks!

JXC 11-02-2009 10:57 AM

That would be a shame. He's got good tools.

Unstable 11-02-2009 11:02 AM

I think we just hear about and focus on our own injuries more.

BobbyClarkeFan16 11-02-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inebriator (Post 21917430)
At some point do we need to call into question whether Ryan Parent has the ability to stay healthy enough to develop properly at the NHL level? He's already a good player but injuries have been a massive thorn in his side for quite some time now. I feel like he still has a lot of room to improve but he needs to stay in the lineup

I don't think staying healthy is a problem. The problem is the Flyers inept medical team, which is probably the worst in pro sports. The franchise spends hundreds of millions on players, you'd figure they would at least treat them as investments and buy the best doctors and medical staff money could buy. Instead, the Flyers have a medical staff made up of butchers and hacks. No wonder why Flyers players spend so much time on the shelf.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Look no further than 07-08 season and Gagne's concussion problems. Nope, he wasn't suffering from concussions, he was suffering from dehydration. That says it all right there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.