HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Lukas Kaspar on waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=699269)

GKJ 11-02-2009 01:30 PM

Lukas Kaspar on waivers
 
Per Bob McKenzie's Twitter

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

IrishSniper87 11-02-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 21920278)
Per Bob McKenzie's Twitter

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Why?

GKJ 11-02-2009 01:34 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he's on a two-way deal, so he isn't eligible for re-entry waivers.

I'm thinking that Holmgren and Kaspar had a hand shake deal that Kaspar would be put on waivers if they putting him on the Flyers wasn't an option, play in the minors for a month, see if someone else will give him a shot, and then go home or loan him back to Europe if he wanted to.

SnS 11-02-2009 01:35 PM

Interesting.. I agree with Irish. Why?

Jester 11-02-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 21920334)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he's on a two-way deal, so he isn't eligible for re-entry waivers.

I'm thinking that Holmgren and Kaspar had a hand shake deal that Kaspar would be put on waivers if they putting him on the Flyers wasn't an option, play in the minors for a month, see if someone else will give him a shot, and then go home or loan him back to Europe if he wanted to.

Two-way/One-way contracts have absolutely NOTHING to do with waiver eligibility.

IrishSniper87 11-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 21920368)
Two-way/One-way contracts have absolutely NOTHING to do with waiver eligibility.

^ this is very true, and some people NEVER get it

GoneFullHextall 11-02-2009 01:38 PM

meh.
1G 2A in 8 games in the AHL

maybe there is something more to this who knows. I am not going to lose any sleep over this one

ELab2 11-02-2009 01:39 PM

yeah Kaspar has been around long to have to clear I think

GKJ 11-02-2009 01:40 PM

He didn't have to clear waivers to go down though, did he?

ELab2 11-02-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 21920413)
He didn't have to clear waivers to go down though, did he?

He may have been sent down in the offseason before waivers took effect.

GoneFullHextall 11-02-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELab2 (Post 21920437)
He may have been sent down in the offseason before waivers took effect.

yeah he was signed in the offseason and assigned to the Phantoms. No need for him to clear waivers for an offseason signing.

IrishSniper87 11-02-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELab2 (Post 21920437)
He may have been sent down in the offseason before waivers took effect.

Depends. I don't know the actual details, but 2-way just means he has a certain salary in the AHL and a different one in the NHL.

Due to his age, he shouldn't have to clear waivers. However, this must be a move to loan him to Europe, assuming no one else will take a chance on him.

If anything, the Flyers have given him the big old NO and he wants out.

EDIT: with the guaranteed nature of NHL contracts, I assume the Flyers have to see if anyone else will take a chance on him before letting him go. If he doesnt get claimed, he will be loaned and not re-signed come next year.

GKJ 11-02-2009 01:49 PM

Apparently he was on waivers on September 30.

If he is claimed I'm gonna get pissed.

HoverCarle* 11-02-2009 01:51 PM

Under a million its not the 50% cap hit re entry, just regular waivers

ELab2 11-02-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 21920558)
Under a million its not the 50% cap hit re entry, just regular waivers

good point, forgot about that

DrinkFightFlyers 11-02-2009 02:28 PM

Meh. Maybe something is cooking and they had to get rid of a contract?

CptCannon 11-02-2009 02:54 PM

There are some rumours going on HFBoard's finnish version Jatkoaika.com forums that he may end up in Oulu to play for Kärpät.

jd2210 11-02-2009 03:17 PM

I couldn't care less where he goes. He tries very little and is eating up valuable time for the other guys to develop. You've gotta think there are several guys ahead of him on the callup list anyway. His stock has REALLY fallen. SJ gave up on him for a reason.

Larry44 11-02-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinRiles (Post 21921434)
There are some rumours going on HFBoard's finnish version Jatkoaika.com forums that he may end up in Oulu to play for Kärpät.

This makes sense. He obviously wanted one more try at the NHL and this was it. Now he wants to go to Europe, which he was exploring before the season started.

I was hoping he'd be a surprise out of camp. I always liked his game in Jr. and hoped the change from SJ would bring out the best in him.

JVR and Pyorala won winger spots in camp, Laliberte was recalled ahead of him, and Maroon, Kalinski, etc. are still around.

I'm assuming the Legein acquisition was the final straw.

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

sk84fun_dc 11-03-2009 12:31 PM

As some have speculated, it sounds like waivers to assign him to Europe.

He did clear waivers to start the season. A team can place a player on waivers again; this has happened before.

OT: If the reports are accurate for e.g., capgeek, that he makes 105,000 in the AHL, he does not require re-entry waivers, so that is not the situation.

chaosof99* 11-03-2009 12:37 PM

I really don't get that. I thought Kaspar was playing decently down with the Phantoms.

Larry44 11-03-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 21934900)
I really don't get that. I thought Kaspar was playing decently down with the Phantoms.

Only guessing, but it was probably his request.

Seeing JVR and Pyorala stick out of camp, and Maroon and Laliberte get the early recalls probably made him realize that he's not getting a chance with the big club until after Kalinski, Legein and the other guys.....

chaosof99* 11-03-2009 01:11 PM

Still don't get him being waived. He probably could have fetched a draft pick.

RJ8812 11-03-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 21935393)
Still don't get him being waived. He probably could have fetched a draft pick.

you're missing the point

He most likely wants to go back to Europe and play

Larry44 11-03-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 21935393)
Still don't get him being waived. He probably could have fetched a draft pick.

That's we'd hoped about Jones too. Obviously there is no interest or it would've been done already. Players no one wants to trade for end up on waivers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.