HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Taffe back to Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=699635)

keithLGA 11-03-2009 02:52 PM

Taffe back to Florida

Jeff Taffe The Panthers next game is Wednesday night against the Carolina Hurricanes and Jeff Taffe is headed to the airport to join the big club again.

I'm assuming this was a planned call up and the Panthers just sent him back to Rochester after Saturdays game to save some money. If he would have stayed with the club they would have been paying him an NHL salary.

billysbreakdown 11-03-2009 03:37 PM

I wish Repik or Matthias would have been called up instead.

Rattrick 11-03-2009 03:54 PM

I think they're trying to call him up as many times as possible in hopes that someone will claim him. :sarcasm:

Georgia Panther 11-03-2009 03:58 PM

Moore will not play Wednesday is the reason.

Swede93 11-03-2009 04:13 PM

I want Matthias to get called up, he had a great training camp. I want to see what he will do, when given the chance

StrangeVision 11-03-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swede93 (Post 21938095)
I want Matthias to get called up, he had a great training camp. I want to see what he will do, when given the chance

He played 5 games already, this year. He had one goal. He played 16 games in the NHL last year and had two points. He played 61 AHL games last year and had 20 points. He has played seven AHL games so far this year and has two points. I personally do not want to see him get rewarded for not producing in the AHL. He simply hasn't earned it, in my opinion.

zeroG 11-03-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeVision (Post 21938316)
He played 5 games already, this year. He had one goal. He played 16 games in the NHL last year and had two points. He played 61 AHL games last year and had 20 points. He has played seven AHL games so far this year and has two points. I personally do not want to see him get rewarded for not producing in the AHL. He simply hasn't earned it, in my opinion.

yes. and taffe is fine for what they need him for right now. sometimes i'm blown away by the lack of appreciation for these types of guys. he came up here, did his job and the team has competed and won the last two games he played in. in both games, coach gave him reasonable minutes. yet he's nothing but waiver fodder around here. additionally, his presence really forces matthias to earn his chance, which is what we should all want.

Panthers/Leafs fan 11-03-2009 06:16 PM

I think McCardle and Oreskovitch were noticed more because they did more. I'll give Taffe a close look at tomorrow's game. Perhaps you're seeing something I'm not.

sabrefan27 11-03-2009 06:37 PM

There was no paper move to save money. They thought Moore would be ready so they sent Taffe back. Now they aren't sure so they called him up as a precaution. No big deal.

Great8Cam 11-03-2009 07:44 PM

Taffe belongs up here. He plays the 4th line much better than Tarnasky, Koistenen and even McArdle. He was very good (as a 4th liner) at camp.