HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Injury Report: Gionta questionable against Bruins, Gill has fracture in foot (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=699997)

felixd 11-04-2009 01:28 PM

Gionta questionable against Bruins, Gill has fracture in foot

from Marc-Antoine Godin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...aux-bruins.php

Gionta was hit by a Cammalleri shot against ATL, not practicing today, could be out against Boston.

Gill can't even put on his skate right now...My guess is he's out at least 2 weeks.

Pascal 11-04-2009 01:29 PM

Gionta is a warrior, he'll play. Unless he broke something.

JackZap 11-04-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 21956987)
from Marc-Antoine Godin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...aux-bruins.php

Gionta was hit by a Cammalleri shot against ATL, not practicing today, could be out against Boston.

Gill can't even put on his skate right now...My guess is he's out at least 2 weeks.

http://sjennings.files.wordpress.com.../facepalm4.jpg

Next Best Thing* 11-04-2009 01:31 PM

Cammelleri's shot him him TWICE, and realy hard to boot, I bet one of those was a goal for sure but instead we injure one of our own... why does this always happen to us? :cry:

RC51 11-04-2009 01:34 PM

I am not surprised that Gil has a broken foot from a shot. He is so slow he just can't get out of the way.

Habs 4 Life 11-04-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 21957082)
I am not surprised that Gil has a broken foot from a shot. He is so slow he just can't get out of the way.

Might be true but I will tell you one thing,on the GWG,Kane wouldn't have gone around him like a cone (MAB);)

InglewoodJack 11-04-2009 01:37 PM

Wow.
Now can they call up Sergei?

Go Habs Go 11-04-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 21957139)
Wow.
Now can they call up Sergei?

Sergei no longer wants to be a part of the Canadiens organization. Are we so gutless, do we lack so much pride, dignity and honor to resort to this rat? Everytime I hear his name mentioned, I think to myself...do we want to win so bad that we'll sell ourselves out? That we'll resort to begging this guy to play? I can't comprehend this.

BadHabit 11-04-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Habs Go (Post 21957278)
Sergei no longer wants to be a part of the Canadiens organization. Are we so gutless, do we lack so much pride, dignity and honor to resort to this rat? Everytime I hear his name mentioned, I think to myself...do we want to win so bad that we'll sell ourselves out? That we'll resort to begging this guy to play? I can't comprehend this.

IF the guy's head is finally screwed on straight, he deserves one last chance. He'd definitely be monitored closely and sent back down if the effort level wasn't there or if he started causing problems tho.

We'd be pretty stupid to not at least give the bros once last shot at it before we dump them - especially at this point of the season.

PunkinDrublic* 11-04-2009 01:57 PM

Gionta really is tough for his size, if it's not broken whatever it is , he will play !

Pandemic 11-04-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Yes.

VAN-HAB 11-04-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

there is acttually a pill that might help you with that.

WeThreeKings 11-04-2009 02:10 PM

Call up Sergei, for **** sakes.

FlyingKostitsyn 11-04-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Is that even true? He does not want to be part of the Bulldogs but I'm sure he wants to be in the NHL (be it with the Habs or someone else).

He pouted because he wasn't to be part of the Habs.

(note that I'm not defending him or his retarded actions, just that its not playing with the Habs he has a problem with)

Coldplay 11-04-2009 02:18 PM

NOOOOOOO not Gio.

Dude's a warrior though; had that been ****ing Tanguay, he would've left the game the first time Cammy hit him. :laugh:

11Goat11 11-04-2009 02:25 PM

I think things will not start going the Habs way until after the centennial game. The hockey gods must not have been pleased with the Habs for making so much money on the centennial and they cursed them. So many bad bounces, injuries, posts, scandal, losing to the Bruins in the playoffs last year, what a ***** celebration this year has been.

Kriss E 11-04-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Oh Really?

You do know that Pavelec also refused to report to AHL last october, and requested for a trade out of Atlanta. He also threatened to go over to KHL if they didn't move him.
His disagreements with the club came when they decided to send him down after he was promised a fair chance. After 2 pre-season games, he was cut even though his ''competition'' didn't outplay him.
Can you remind me who's the goalie of the day in the NHL now??..and which team is he playing for??

Funny how this is EXACTLY the same thing going on with Sergei.

It's in the Habs very best interest to squash the beef with this kid. He could be the solution we can't seem to find to stabilize our top 6.

It would also be a huge mistake to trade either of the bro without having given them a fair chance to play together. There's undeniable chemistry and both of them have great raw talent. Pairing them along side a hot Plekanec should be a project in the very near future.

With D'Ago already out, Gionta possibly out as well, With little production coming from Lats, Laps, MaxPac and A.Kost, we don't have much liberty. On top of that, Laraque is injured so even he can't fill up a spot and then you have a guy like Stewart that is playing quite badly with his stupid penalties.

You would suggest we keep S.Kost (the sole NHL ready player in AHL) down out of principle or ego???...All this at the cost of losing games??..

S.Kost absolutely needs to be called up if Gionta does indeed go down. It'd be extremely stupid if we didn't give him a shot.

la25ecoupe 11-04-2009 02:44 PM

That Cammy shot was a goal :(

JackZap 11-04-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 21958144)
Oh Really?

You do know that Pavelec also refused to report to AHL last october, and requested for a trade out of Atlanta. He also threatened to go over to KHL if they didn't move him.
His disagreements with the club came when they decided to send him down after he was promised a fair chance. After 2 pre-season games, he was cut even though his ''competition'' didn't outplay him.
Can you remind me who's the goalie of the day in the NHL now??..and which team is he playing for??

It's in the Habs very best interest to squash the beef with this kid. He could be the solution we can't seem to find to stabilize our top 6.

It would also be a huge mistake to trade either of the bro without having given them a fair chance to play together. There's undeniable chemistry and both of them have great raw talent. Pairing them along side a hot Plekanec should be a project in the very near future.

With D'Ago already out, Gionta possibly out as well, With little production coming from Lats, Laps, MaxPac and A.Kost, we don't have much liberty. On top of that, Laraque is injured so even he can't fill up a spot and then you have a guy like Stewart that is playing quite badly with his stupid penalties.

You would suggest we keep S.Kost (the sole NHL ready player in AHL) down out of principle or ego???...All this at the cost of losing games??..

S.Kost absolutely needs to be called up if Gionta does indeed go down. It'd be extremely stupid if we didn't give him a shot.

They gonna call Pyatt up before

Turboflex* 11-04-2009 02:46 PM

LOL what luck.

Camalleri really got behind that one too and it was probably going in.

Not only does it cost us a point, but injures one of the few guys making anything happen.

Markovskaya 11-04-2009 02:47 PM

Will there be an end to all these injuries !?

This is getting ridiculous !!!!!!! :shakehead:cry::facepalm:

As tough as Gionta is, with our luck, he broke something :rant:

Turboflex* 11-04-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 21958144)
Oh Really?

Hey fanboy, the difference is Sergei played A LOT last season, and stunk it up all over the ice. He was not demonstrating anything near NHL calibre play last year or in pre-season.

Markovskaya 11-04-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 21958358)
Hey fanboy, the difference is Sergei played A LOT last season, and stunk it up all over the ice. He was not demonstrating anything near NHL calibre play last year or in pre-season.

Because Patch is a solid NHL player eh ? Yeah right...

If Gionta is out, Skost is in. It's just logical !

la25ecoupe 11-04-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 21958317)
LOL what luck.

Camalleri really got behind that one too and it was probably going in.

Not only does it cost us a point, but injures one of the few guys making anything happen.

:(:(:(:(:(:shakehead:(:(:(

la25ecoupe 11-04-2009 03:17 PM

This was the shot:

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/i...07.preview.jpg

So it might be his foot?