HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What a FANTASTIC game, but.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70011)

Lafontaine 04-12-2004 11:03 AM

What a FANTASTIC game, but....

Ok, I know I'm always on here criticizing something, so let me start off by saying - freakin AWESOME effort by all Habs but Ribeiro. This team did everything I knew they had to do to pull out a win...Boston was damn lucky they didn't get blown out 10-0. In my opinion, we exploited Boston's weaknesses to the same extent that Boston did ours in game one.

So why was it only 3-2? No explanation needed here. Theodore has been absolutely brutal. Not just because the last three goals he let in have been total shiite, but because every time a shot goes anywhere near the net my heart drops into my stomach thinking that its going to go in. I'm sorry Theo fans (and I'm one of them), but I haven't had less confidence in a goalie since Red Light Racicot. This guy must be extremely nervous or something - he could cost us the series at this rate, and in a perfect world Garon would be in net for next game. I realize that, realistically, loyalties, salaries and player confidence come into play on a decision like that, but deep down you all have to admit - you would feel WAY happier seeing the solid Garon between the pipes. Am I wrong?

Haddock 04-12-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafontaine
Am I wrong?

Yes. ;)
Even Ribs gave an awesome effort, only his last shift was viewed as crap because of what hapenned.
Theo vs. Racicot? You have to be kidding. :lol
I will feel WAY happier with Theo between the pipes than with Garon.
I have faith in Jose and I'm sure he will bounce back after this victory.

Cariboux 04-12-2004 11:19 AM

Quote:

Ok, I know I'm always on here criticizing something, so let me start off by saying - freakin AWESOME effort by all Habs but Ribeiro

Maybe you forget his 5-6 great passe to Ryder for great scoring chances :shakehead

-_- 04-12-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cariboux
Maybe you forget his 5-6 great passe to Ryder for great scoring chances :shakehead

I think that Ryder has created his own chances yesterday... at least most of time... but Ribeiro played well, he did took another post ! He didn't played awesome but he was good overall... i like his desire to beat the Bs.... he has fire in his eyes and he's very emotional out there... it's a good thing in playoff to have a couple of emotional player and a couple of veterant who can keep their mind free of impulsive reaction cause by emotions. Ribeiro is playing with heart and it works so far... two posts in two games, not bad ! Give him a couple of time to adjust his perception of the game in playoff and he'll be the Ribeiro we've seen all year long... this kid has not yet been introduce to playoff... he's gonna be awesome next game... wait and see !

Mooch 04-12-2004 11:47 AM

Ribs has played pretty damn good in the playoffs, we shouldnt doubt that. In fact he has hit the cross bar twice, and set up Ryder for many goals last night. The only problem with him, still, and has always been, his attitude. He just so damn cocky. Its one thing to think your some amazing talent, but to lie on the ice as if your dieing is just ludicrious. Sure he may shift the momentum in this series and cause the bruins too get off their game, but those are the kind of things imo that ruin the game.

What if a majority players in the league start doing things like that more often, would you not be atleast be a little bit upset?

Or more importantly, lets say a bruin did the exact same thing last night, would you not have gone balistic?

I sure would!

Darz 04-12-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

but deep down you all have to admit - you would feel WAY happier seeing the solid Garon between the pipes. Am I wrong?

I still beleive before everything is said and done that Theo is going to silence all his doubters. I agree his last three goals allowed were crap, but 3 goals does not make a playoff series.

I've still got faith.

Mooch 04-12-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

you would feel WAY happier seeing the solid Garon between the pipes. Am I wrong?

Right now, yes.

In the future No.

IMO Garon will be better. Perhaps Theo can be traded down the road for a power forward.

-_- 04-12-2004 12:14 PM

Like Garett said on CTV SPORTSNET Theo had good positionning in yesterday's game... he did let two bad goals passed him but out of theses two mistakes he made the saves. He hasn't been spectacular but it isn't because he wasn't playing good, he was always in good position, when a goalie is playing well there's no need to make awesome saves... spectacular saves are made because of a mystake of positionning first. Theo is playing good, he's not increadible but he's good... i haven't lost faith in him ! He always finds a way to bounce back... i'm not saying Theo is god, he's a bit overrate in my books, but he's still a very good goalie and most definetly a better choice than Garon as of now... Garon has potentiel but it's not time to give him playoff action for the first time when a serie is as tight as this one...

Mooch 04-12-2004 12:16 PM

I agree with every thing you said The Saint. Now is not the time to give up on our players.

We must ride and die with this line-up!

-_- 04-12-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I agree with every thing you said The Saint. Now is not the time to give up on our players.

We must ride and die with this line-up!

Exactly ! HABS for ever ! I beleive in our coaching staff, I beleive in the winner Bob Gainey is, i beleive in our players and i most definetly beleive in the fans we are ! GO HABS GO !