HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   192 minutes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=700183)

Sasha Cares 11-04-2009 09:50 PM

192 minutes

Since someone that was on our roster opening night, or in our season long plans, has scored a goal... Is this the worst we've been since our gboro days... I am thinking we may be getting ready to see the worst hockey this area has season since we moved to NC...

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

DoomMF 11-04-2009 09:55 PM

We'll score again when:

1) Staal returns
2) Toronto puts one in their own net
3) Bowman, Boychuk, or Sutter score for us.....Sutter is our best hope.

It has to be one of the three.

It's been a pretty pathetic showing. We can take 40 shots a game, but if we just keep blasting the goalies chest it doesn't matter much.

DaveG 11-04-2009 09:57 PM

I have to agree. As sick as it is to say that 03-04 team was actually fun to watch because we knew not to expect too much out of that team. They weren't exactly playing all rookies out there (other then Staal) by the end of the season we knew it was mostly kids fighting for a job.

Staal, Williams, Bruno St Jacques, Brad Fast, Tomas Malec, Alan Rourke, Vasicek, Vrbata, Bayda, Jaro Svoboda.

That's a far cry from where we are now... but we can only hope we see a similar youth movement come February.

Of course part of why it was fun was because at the end of the season it was Lavihockey. Wide open and completely wreckless. We could use some of that again even with as much of a physical toll as it took on our guys.

Anton Bubdobin 11-05-2009 07:30 AM

Maybe Geoff Sanderson and Bates Battaglia are available. Isn't that the direction Mo favors?

Silly rhetorical question: given Mo's dislike of playing kids (viz: Sutter right now), if we make trades and bring up some of the rookies, who will actually hit the ice? Will we play shorthanded the whole game? :sarcasm:

hyena 11-05-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub (Post 21969638)
Maybe Geoff Sanderson and Bates Battaglia are available. Isn't that the direction Mo favors?

Silly rhetorical question: given Mo's dislike of playing kids (viz: Sutter right now), if we make trades and bring up some of the rookies, who will actually hit the ice? Will we play shorthanded the whole game? :sarcasm:

I wouldn't be surprised. Mo's distribution of ice time is ridiculous. It's unfathomable that he can't see how it's harming the team. Is he surrounded by yes-men? I don't see us climbing out of this pit anytime soon. :cry:

Joe McGrath 11-06-2009 07:43 AM

Sutter played under 11 minutes against Florida. He was noticeably the best player on the ice, IMO. He had two of the four best scoring chances for the team. That's just unacceptable. If you have the kids up here, let them play atleast 15 minutes. Now that Ruutu and Whitney are out I don't see that being a problem. If I were the coach this is what tomorrow's lines would look like.

Jokinen - Cullen - LaRose
Boychuk - Sutter - Cole
Samsanov - Brindy - Walker
Kosto - Yelle - Conboy

With Ruutu and Whitney out I can't imagine why Boychuck and Sutter don't see Power Play time as well. What other forwards do we have that have the look of a guy who should play on an NHL power play?

NobodysFaulkButMine 11-06-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe McGrath (Post 21990139)
Sutter played under 11 minutes against Florida. He was noticeably the best player on the ice, IMO. He had two of the four best scoring chances for the team. That's just unacceptable. If you have the kids up here, let them play atleast 15 minutes. Now that Ruutu and Whitney are out I don't see that being a problem. If I were the coach this is what tomorrow's lines would look like.

Jokinen - Cullen - LaRose
Boychuk - Sutter - Cole
Samsanov - Brindy - Walker
Kosto - Yelle - Conboy

With Ruutu and Whitney out I can't imagine why Boychuck and Sutter don't see Power Play time as well. What other forwards do we have that have the look of a guy who should play on an NHL power play?

Worst. First line. Ever.

God, atleast the Leafs got Kessel. Our offense is in shambles and the worst part is, even if we were injury free, there is no guarantee the Whitney-Staal-Ruutu line would be any better, especially considering November is one of Staal's worst months (Although he has declined in this sense, he used to come out strong in October) throughout his career.

As much as I don't want to rush these kids, I can see us having little to no choice in giving them first line minutes. I swear if Kessel gets a hattrick and Gustavsson gets a shutout, I might drink myself to the grave.