HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Marcus Johansson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=700309)

TheFountainhead 11-05-2009 10:00 AM

Marcus Johansson
 
Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?

SouthSwe 11-05-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexthegr8 (Post 21971026)
Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?

Ye he is rather unknown in Sweden also somehow. He has taken a big step forward since last season and can make so much more with the puck on his own nowadays. Really good shot, good speed and brilliant technique. Good sense of play. All he needs is to get abit bigger and work on his defensive play.

He will defo be one of the key players in the upcoming junior WC.

vippe 11-06-2009 08:10 AM

he has been flying under the radar for quite some time but he has been getting some recognition, atleast by hockeyfans. Swedish media barely knows who he is though :>

Seems to be a good pick by the caps which I am quite happy about ;)

TheFountainhead 11-09-2009 02:36 PM

Thanks for the responses guys!

Jim Morrison 11-10-2009 11:34 AM

In my opinion the most complete swedish prospect at the moment.

johnny_rudeboy 11-12-2009 02:36 PM

He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?

Systemfel 11-12-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 22085990)
He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?

How about Tomas Plekanec?

johnny_rudeboy 11-13-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 22086042)
How about Tomas Plekanec?

Not a bad comparison. Some what undersized for the NHL, good skating, vision, playmaking skills and some leadership quality´s. Hard worker in both ends even do more successful in the offensive zone.

bede 07-15-2010 08:57 AM

how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..

johnny_rudeboy 07-15-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bede (Post 26926889)
how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..

He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.

joe89 07-15-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bede (Post 26926889)
how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..

Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 26928376)
He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.

I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.

johnny_rudeboy 07-16-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 26930419)
Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.



I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.

Good point. Could be an option for him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.