HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Blade lie... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=700481)

articz28 11-05-2009 05:39 PM

Blade lie...

I use a Iginla pattern now. It wears at the heal a little bit, but from what I hear that is caused by using to high of a lie is this true? I have no problems accepting passes and shooting its a mid low shot.. I don't know lol. Anyone agree with what I been reading? I know it all comes down to what your comfortable with, but if something that will step my game up a bit more i'm all ears.

raygunpk 11-05-2009 05:56 PM

If you have no problems with stickhandling or passing/shooting, then it shouldn't be a concern. You may wear at the heel more because you drag your stick when you skate. I use a 5.5 and always wear at the heel because of this, and also because I always stickhandle only using the heel. I tried a lower lie and I just couldn't receive passes near my feet or stickhandle in tight.

The rocker of the blade also has an effect, so be aware of that.

articz28 11-05-2009 06:07 PM

What is the "Rocker"

Superstar Treatment 11-05-2009 06:09 PM

The profile of the bottom of your blade.

articz28 11-05-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstar Treatment (Post 21977630)
The profile of the bottom of your blade.

Thanks.

yeah my blade lies pretty flat. I liked the heatley, but i dont know what pattern he is discontinued cant find blades anywhere.

DevilsFan38 11-05-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by articz28 (Post 21977867)
Thanks.

yeah my blade lies pretty flat. I liked the heatley, but i dont know what pattern he is discontinued cant find blades anywhere.

http://www.hockeyzonemn.com/product_...roducts_id=869

That's the curve I like too, but if this store stops stocking them I might be in trouble.

articz28 11-05-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 (Post 21978471)
http://www.hockeyzonemn.com/product_...roducts_id=869

That's the curve I like too, but if this store stops stocking them I might be in trouble.

Thanks but i need something tapered..

Jarick 11-09-2009 10:55 AM

My blades always wear down at the heel from stickhandling and at the toe from shooting/dragging the puck, oddly enough there's a lot less wear in the middle. The only way I'd be concerned is if you were a beginner who's missing passes and/or losing the puck.

cptjeff 11-09-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by articz28 (Post 21978616)
Thanks but i need something tapered..

Join the farking club. Easton doesn't make tapered blade in the heatley. Very few companies make anything with a lie lower then 5.5, and most don't make a huge number of tapered blades.

If you shorten your stick a tad it'll fix the lie issue as well, but it might take getting used to.

Hockeyfan68 11-09-2009 06:48 PM

I prefer a 6 lie but they are rare to find now and I settle for a 5.5 which is useable. I keep the puck closer to my feet and am more upright than some other players.

I wish a shop could offer something for everyone but they don't.

I would like to try out that Blake Wheeler 7 lie blade Bauer offers on their custom made Supreme One95 sticks.

As for the heatley pattern I own a few which are standard hosel blades and they were the 2008 Easton Synergy replacement blade line. I know you said you wanted one for a tapered shaft so I cannot help you too much with that.

I've been using Harrow and they have the patterns I like to use in the lie I like so I'm good with that. I finally found someone who makes what I need and want and in a tapered format.

wearethegreek 11-09-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 (Post 22043170)
I prefer a 6 lie but they are rare to find now and I settle for a 5.5 which is useable. I keep the puck closer to my feet and am more upright than some other players.

I would like to try out that Blake Wheeler 7 lie blade Bauer offers on their custom made Supreme One95 sticks.

As for the heatley pattern I own a few which are standard hosel blades and they were the 2008 Easton Synergy replacement blade line. I know you said you wanted one for a tapered shaft so I cannot help you too much with that.

I've been using Harrow and they have the patterns I like to use in the lie I like so I'm good with that. I finally found someone who makes what I need and want and in a tapered format.

The only consistent 6 lie stick I've seen is the naslund,backstrom p92 curve in Bauer sticks.

CanadaBacon 11-09-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 (Post 22043170)

same here, usually 5.5 but this Winnwell is a 6 and i am quite enjoying it.

At this point in my playing days for 50 bucks it gives me all i really need, i think i have been converted. Havnt used my R10 in about 5 games. My shot hasnt change that much to where it actually effects me, i can handle the puck alittle bit better actual but i think it is more mental then material. My passing is still has good as it always has been. I have never been to concerned with weight anyways. 550 = 400 g to me, it makes no difference.

*Disclaimer*

I am in no way saying the G-lite is as good as any top end stick. For me personally, the curve, lie and feel is all I need.

spjon25 11-09-2009 11:39 PM

Personally, I am the opposite. I like a 4 lie and the only company that makes that is Warrior. I love the Smyth curve and lie in a 4, but cannot find anything else similar. Oh well, off to the mine to chip off some more gold to pay for a Warrior stick

puck10 08-06-2010 05:09 PM

Tape wear...

I've been trying to watch my tape wear to see which area of the blade I am wearing more/most and then adjust stick length or lie accordingly.

Problem is, even with white tape instead of black, I find it difficult to really see where I'm getting the most wear..

Does anyone have any suggestion(s) as to what I could possibly cover the bottom of the blade/tape with, that would give a clearer visual of the wear pattern?

Any ideas?