HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Injury Report: Ward Injury updates (expected to play on 12/8/2009 against NJ) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=701329)

dmonk 11-07-2009 10:34 PM

Ward Injury updates (expected to play on 12/8/2009 against NJ)

From official press-release:

Quote:

RALEIGH, NC—Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, said tonight that Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward will spend Saturday night at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, OH, to receive further treatment for an injury suffered during tonight’s game against the Blue Jackets.

Ward suffered a laceration on his leg from the skate of Columbus forward Rick Nash, as Nash passed through the crease during the first period of Carolina’s 3-2 loss to the Blue Jackets. He received stitches for the injury, but is stable and is expected to be released Sunday so that he may return to Raleigh.

Ladyfan 11-07-2009 10:36 PM

Bruin's fan here. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Cam Ward.

Scary stuff ... happy to hear Cam will be OK.

Vagrant 11-07-2009 10:47 PM

I can't believe he's being held overnight for a laceration. That isn't a good sign at all. Thoughts and prayers are with him.

dmonk 11-07-2009 10:53 PM

suppose it depends how deep was muscle tissue cut and how much blood was lost.

Hopefully, this is something that won't require long rehab.

When it rains, it pours.... :(

AcidQueen 11-07-2009 10:55 PM

I had a half a bottle of wine left--I think it's time to pour it out to Eir. Maybe she can give Cam a little extra boost on the healing.

Vagrant 11-07-2009 10:57 PM

I'm thinking it may be a lost blood issue keeping him, or else they'd let him fly home.

The best we can hope for is that it's not in a bad position for goaltender related movement.... though the chances of that are slim.

plong123 11-07-2009 11:53 PM

Hi, Carolina fans.

We are sorry to see such a fine player get hurt. Our hopes are for a speedy recovery.

I can tell you, from experience, Riverside is a fantastic hospital. He will get top-notch medical assistance.

-Blue Jackets fans

vwg* 11-08-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plong123 (Post 22021321)
Hi, Carolina fans.

We are sorry to see such a fine player get hurt. Our hopes are for a speedy recovery.

I can tell you, from experience, Riverside is a fantastic hospital. He will get top-notch medical assistance.

-Blue Jackets fans

No need to be sorry but thanks for the thoughts and info. Things like this happen.. our horrible start was an omen for something, I guess. Staal goes down and now possibly Cam. At this point Cam should just take some time to heal 100% before he tries to play again. I'm worried he had to be held overnight but I hope it's not too serious.

Waltah* 11-08-2009 03:15 AM

best of luck to cam to a speedy recovery. that was just plain scary to watch, glad he is doing okay.

zBearcat 11-08-2009 03:17 AM

Been a fan of Ward since his Red Deer Rebel days... glad their taking the extra precautions. Here's to a speedy recovery for him.

kk 11-08-2009 06:19 AM

Hope that Cam is okay and not out too long. Scary injury.

MaineHockey1 11-08-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyfan (Post 22019890)
Bruin's fan here. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Cam Ward.

Scary stuff ... happy to hear Cam will be OK.

ANOTHER B's fan here......GET WELL CAM!

Nothing SUCKS then having you #1 go down...We had TT go down last season...have faith in Leighton...Good Luck to him....a sh*** way for him to get more playing time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmonk (Post 22020261)

When it rains, it pours.... :(

Hey, it SUCKS here in Boston too...u r not the only ones that are having it rough!

Hang in there , things will get better.

Have faith in your backup....he is going to need all the support from the fans he can get.

Prayers and Well wishes from Maine to Boston!

Laus723 11-08-2009 08:54 AM

Hope Cam isn't out long for you guys...

caniacgirl12 11-08-2009 10:10 AM

Of course it had to be Rick Nash that caused it. :(

I hope this isn't a really deep laceration. But..why else would they keep him overnight. Unless they are being overly cautious......

Acehawk74 11-08-2009 10:14 AM

Rooting for Cam to be alright, hoping for the best. Sorry to see you guys go through this.

KidKiing 11-08-2009 10:16 AM

Looks really bad guys....

"Jim Rutherford on Cam Ward's injury and recovery: "We'll have to see how it goes. It appears it will be a fairly long period of time."

Ward will stay in a Columbus hospital another day, Rutherford said. We are looking at all options, including a trade or signing someone.

Of course, the other option for the Canes is to call up Justin Peters from Albany.
Peters has gone 5-4-1 with 0.925 Sv% and 2.19 GAA so far this season.

Bad day for Canes hockey - it goes without saying that are thoughts are with Cam today. Hopefully he can recover soon enough, although it really does sound close to season ending for him.

Opus 11-08-2009 10:17 AM

For those keeping an eye on the situation...

Ward's injury believed to be 'significant'
Quote:

Cam Ward suffered a "significant injury," according to coach Paul Maurice, but exactly how long he is out remains unknown at this time.
Link

KidKiing 11-08-2009 10:22 AM

Further Updates Guys,

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...s-mull-options

Quote:

Canes general manager Jim Rutherford said today that goaltender Cam Ward would remain at a Columbus, Ohio, hospital another day and that the team may look to trade or sign another goaltender.
Ward suffered a laceration of the left leg in the first period of the Canes' 3-2 loss at Columbus on Saturday and was taken to Riverside Hospital.
"We'll have to see how it goes," Rutherford said today of Ward's injury and recovery time. "It appears it will be a fairly long period of time."
Rutherford said the Hurricanes are looking at different options: a trade, signing an available goaltender or calling up Justin Peters from Albany (AHL).
"We're talking over the options. We don't have an answer right now," he said.

ArVeeDee 11-08-2009 10:25 AM

Hope he comes back strong. Definitely one of my favorite goalies.

Vagrant 11-08-2009 11:02 AM

You can, friend! We just saw that post. Sometimes the board gets wonky and won't let you submit a post. But if you're trying to start a new thread, you won't be able to I don't think. 50 post minimum.

AntonFromAppState 11-08-2009 11:04 AM

countdown to signing Weekes has started
Posted via Mobile Device

Vagrant 11-08-2009 11:10 AM

I think this decision isn't an indictment of Justin Peters, rather the opposite. I think they're considering leaving Peters in the minors to keep his confidence in tact due to the abysmal performance of our team and keeping the train rolling in Albany to create a more conducive environment for winning. You bring in a guy like Manny Fernandez and he's not going to wilt if he has a few bad games.

I think this team values Peters more than to bring him up into this. Create stability in the AHL first and foremost, as a newly rebuilding franchise.

knucklehead3k 11-08-2009 11:18 AM

irbe! irbe!

KidKiing 11-08-2009 11:18 AM

Bah - I was just frustrated because I posted the stuff about a half hour ago...
Shouldn't take that long to get approved, but whatever - its not my site. I don't make the rules.

Very true about Peters.

I also like making a trade for Legace right now - I am not sure how healthy Fernandez is anyway.

From one Manny to another :D

MaineHockey1 11-08-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidKiing (Post 22024990)
Bah - I was just frustrated because I posted the stuff about a half hour ago...
Shouldn't take that long to get approved, but whatever - its not my site. I don't make the rules.

Very true about Peters.

I also like making a trade for Legace right now - I am not sure how healthy Fernandez is anyway.

From one Manny to another :D

As a Bruins fan...STAY AWAY from Manny........you talk about injuries....this guy was out 90% of the time he was in Boston. The games he "did" play were good but NOT good enough to keep him here.

I hope Cam's injury were not career ending....if any tendons were cut there might not be any "if" he returns ! To see a goalie in his prime end it like this is not the way to go!