HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   When will the Canes win? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=701395)

Boom Boom Anton 11-08-2009 04:57 AM

When will the Canes win?

Question. When will the Canes next win a game?

imayagainknowanson 11-08-2009 05:01 AM

When they got Hall.

Seriosly - 4 consecutive wins against Wild, Montreal, Toronto and Tampa.

DaveG 11-08-2009 06:02 AM

I have them just avoiding the league record against Toronto.

cptjeff 11-08-2009 06:09 AM

I'm going to say toronto. I see all the other teams as being significantly better then us, except perhaps the wild.

If we're going to do bad and Cam's going to be out for a significant amount of time, I want to see BAD. Philadelphia Quakers levels of suck. Let's set a record at something.

daikan 11-08-2009 06:42 AM

I think they only game they'll win out of those is the one against the Wild. Who knows though.. I just hope they avoid the league record..

Mr Whipple 11-08-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 22023232)
I'm going to say toronto. I see all the other teams as being significantly better then us, except perhaps the wild.

If we're going to do bad and Cam's going to be out for a significant amount of time, I want to see BAD. Philadelphia Quakers levels of suck. Let's set a record at something.

If you're going to suck, you may as well be good at it.

A lot will depend on Ward. If he's out for awhile, do they get a rental goalie to fill in? Do they bring up a Rat? If he's back sooner, does he come back too soon and play injured?

We're probably going to see a whole new level of suckage here.

I'd circle the game against the Ducks, 11/25, as our next chance.

faulkingdynamic 11-08-2009 07:14 AM

I voted for Minnesota, another pop gun offense who gives so-so efforts from time to time......just have to hope we see Harding instead of Backstrom.

On a side note, how great would it be to have a backup like Harding. Maybe Peters can step up

caniacgirl12 11-08-2009 10:13 AM

We'd have to keep losing all the way to the Leafs game in order to break the record. The record is 17.

I know they wont win the game in Buffalo. I never go to that game expecting a win. The only difference is this year I can't drink in anticipation of a loss and still enjoy myself.

DeathFromAbove 11-08-2009 10:27 AM

We won't win another game all year

AcidQueen 11-08-2009 10:34 AM

We'll beat Detroit, but that's it for the rest of the year.

GIN ANTONIC 11-08-2009 10:42 AM

Gotta go with the kings on my birthday. But I'm sure I'll be dissapointed this year. :(

DoomMF 11-08-2009 11:21 AM

We will not beat the Kings. Justin Williams will probably score more that game against us than we've scored in the past month.

Wolfpuck 11-08-2009 11:29 AM

We'll only get wins against the top teams in the league for the rest of the season, because this team makes no sense.

What the Faulk 11-08-2009 12:20 PM

The Islanders. Carolina really should have won the game a few weeks ago and after playing like **** for 2 and a half periods they tied it easily within 5.

Guerzy 11-08-2009 12:59 PM

It's a wash. We're no better than any one team in the league. I'd take the Islanders over us. Atleast they've got some dynamic kids on their roster. We were bad with Staal and Ward, now we'll likely be even worse. We thought our offense was dry with #12, we couldn't win games with Ward... At this point in time, we're screwed. I honestly see no hope for this team, none.

hyena 11-08-2009 08:43 PM

I voted the Islanders. We are very due (understatement) but I think the Kings just have too much firepower -- especially with the curse of former Canes. I fully expect both Justin and Kopitar to score multiple goals.