HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kovalev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70222)

tnq 04-12-2004 11:42 PM

Kovalev

i know now why he can be a super star. He has softhand, quick and powerful shot, speedy and very strong. He did not fall alot last night compared to Koivu, Zednick, Rib, ..

KOMO_ROCKS 04-12-2004 11:44 PM

Hopefully he continues to produce for us and we win game 4 and the series

Habs 04-13-2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
i know now why he can be a super star. He has softhand, quick and powerful shot, speedy and very strong. He did not fall alot last night compared to Koivu, Zednick, Rib, ..

He is very poised with the puck, and see's the ice better than anyone on this team. Let's hope his mental game stays with him for the entire playoffs.

Darz 04-13-2004 08:19 AM

Imagine if Kovalev was in shape. Stupid Rangers!

If Kovalev resigns with the habs and gets himself into really good shape over the winter, and comes to camp with a great attitude, this guy could be a 35-40 goal scorer for us.

Mooch 04-13-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz

If Kovalev resigns with the habs and gets himself into really good shape over the winter, and comes to camp with a great attitude, this guy could be a 35-40 goal scorer for us.

Agreed.

Chehabi 04-13-2004 08:57 AM

I wish he'd pass a little bit more though.

Mooch 04-13-2004 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chehabi
I wish he'd pass a little bit more though.

Ya true, sometimes he holds on the puck a bit too long, but i think when you have the pressure to score, you kind get into that "ill do it myself" mentality. Maybe now that he has broke the ice he will play a more well rounded offensive game.

Jacques Strappe 04-13-2004 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Ya true, sometimes he holds on the puck a bit too long, but i think when you have the pressure to score, you kind get into that "ill do it myself" mentality. Maybe now that he has broke the ice he will play a more well rounded offensive game.

:handclap: Yay Kovalev! :handclap:

I picked him in my office pool and he's not letting me down. There was no way CJ could avoid putting him on the top line. And it's paying off. Look forward to bigger dividends tonight from the #1 line (or to offset the Bruins - the 587 lb. line)

:amazed: Maybe we need a contest to find a good name for the line.

Carbo N8 04-13-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
:handclap: Yay Kovalev! :handclap:

I picked him in my office pool and he's not letting me down. There was no way CJ could avoid putting him on the top line. And it's paying off. Look forward to bigger dividends tonight from the #1 line (or to offset the Bruins - the 587 lb. line)

How about "B Killers"? :yo:

Kovalev Is A Hab 04-13-2004 10:46 AM

I loved that BBC line the canes had a few years back

The Battaglia-Brindamour-Cole line, who could forget it?

Lewis63 04-13-2004 10:47 AM

that's it? just 587 lbs? that's not big at all!
isn't kovy well above 200 lbs? more like 220?
Z is about 200
and koicu is like 185lbs?

Wildbeliefs 04-13-2004 10:52 AM

Speaking of Kovalev... where's Prabby? ;)

Darz 04-13-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe

I say they should change the name of the Bruins first line to...

'The Bruins Suck. They are the Biggest Group of Suckers that have ever Sucked' line

Habber 04-13-2004 11:05 AM

I'm pretty pumped about Kovalev right now. Who cares how he's played the month before this, he came through when we needed him most.

I'll bet those couple of goals open the floodgates for him and goals will start going in for him left and right. He should also draw some extra attention tonight which could give some room for Koivu and Zed to open things up a bit.

Tuggy 04-13-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz

Yeah he gets in shape and plays a full season with Koivu and Zednik :D

-_- 04-13-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
He ... see's the ice better than anyone on this team.

No offense but i personnaly think that Koivu has a better vision than Kovy... Ribs also sees the ice better than Kovy in my books... just a tought of mine