HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Which Jacques would you have picked? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=702265)

Whitesnake 11-10-2009 08:36 PM

Which Jacques would you have picked?

From CKAC (I know), seems that Jacques Lemaire really thought that he had an agreement with Gainey and was coming to coach the Habs with Tremblay as his assistant. Michel Villeneuve said then that Gainey HAD to move to another option and went with his #2 solution that was Martin.

Seems that somebody "higher" decided to put his veto down and he didn't want to see Lemaire back with the Habs (probably Boivin...)

So the question is......which one would you prefer? Lemaire or Martin?

Or are we talking of similar candidates that wouldn't make a difference to the quality of this team?

Would you prefer a Lemaire system to a Martin one with always in mind the fact that we have the team that we have?

BeerHell 11-10-2009 08:49 PM

Well people are complaining that JM is a defensive coach. well JL is hte father of all boring defensive coach.

Anyway I don't think JL would have done better but it would have been more boring to watch

Jee 11-10-2009 09:16 PM

I really like JM.

I know it's history, but... Tremblay behind my habs' bench?? do not want.

Tray4Adams 11-10-2009 09:17 PM

Can't get much worse than JM.

Habsfan18 11-10-2009 09:21 PM

Why on earth would ANYONE want Tremblay back behind the Habs bench, even as an assistant?

JeromeHP 11-10-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 22059957)
Why on earth would ANYONE want Tremblay back behind the Habs bench, even as an assistant?

because he did a good job as an assistant coach in minnesota :shakehead

anyway im not a fan of either martin or lemaire and dont think any of these two fit really well with the current habs

my choice all along and still today is Guy Boucher

Ncrdrg 11-10-2009 09:24 PM

It's probably because of Tremblay then. Houle and Tremblay, even though how they're habs at heart, destroyed this team. Even with all the experience they could gather since, the fanbase will never forgive them what they did.

WhiskeySeven 11-10-2009 09:26 PM

Jacques Martin has done dick all as a coach (for us, so far). Lemaire turned lemon into lemonade in Minnesota (look at them now...), he's the ultimate coach.

I'm still a Carbo supporter, I'll go on record with that. Carbo for GM!

Riggins 11-10-2009 09:40 PM

I'd throw up if I saw Tremblay behind the Habs bench again. He set us back a decade. Well, him and his buddy Reggie Houle.

BeerHell 11-10-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxLapierre (Post 22060099)
Jacques Martin has done dick all as a coach (for us, so far). Lemaire turned lemon into lemonade in Minnesota (look at them now...), he's the ultimate coach.

are you talking about the 7 - 10 Wilds?

Kingbobert 11-10-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerHell (Post 22061361)
are you talking about the 7 - 10 Wilds?

umm that was his point

they had nothing, lemaire kept them competitive and the minute they leave they stop being competive

this shows it's the coach and not the team thats good

Tray4Adams 11-11-2009 12:44 AM

The sad thing is that Martin was supposed to bring us some defensive structure, but the only games we win are when Price or Halak stand on their heads.

tinyzombies 11-11-2009 12:55 AM

I think both are fine coaches.

Hackett 11-11-2009 01:14 AM

Unless lemaire had a big change of heart, there's no way he would be interested in coaching the habs.

Miller Time 11-11-2009 01:31 AM

I like what I've seen from Martin so far... He has the team playing hard every night, we are no longer outshot by wide margins on a regular basis, and imo, he's gotten a decent result out of the team he was given...

that said, I think given our roster, and the fact that the player with the best potential currently in our roster is a goalie, Lemaire might have been the better choice.

With him, you know the team will play great defense, and won't be needing to rely on the offense to win games. GIven our lack of offensive depth, and that we have a relatively soft line up (at least top6/top4) I think the team might be squeaking out a few more wins than we currently are...

and for Price (or Halak), playing behind a Lemaire coached team is like an instant confidence boost... both would put up great numbers (making it likely easier to trade one for a solid return) 2-3 years playing behind that system, and whichever guy we decided to go with would like be thriving and well on his way to fulfilling the potential.

I take Lemaire, but i think Martin is doing well enough..

Garo 11-11-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingbobert (Post 22061437)

This is way to soon to make this kind of conclusion.

Might as well say they lost their best player, too.

LastRide 11-11-2009 03:07 AM

I would have liked to have Lemaire as coach, but bringing Tremblay with him is a deal killer..LOL

habtastic 11-11-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

In 20 games? With an injury rifled team? Ahhh don't think so. JM is a great coach, coaching a team that can't finish and is horrible on the backend. If he had a real team to coach (possibly by new year), he will work wonders. Count it.

Do people honestly believe that some sort of secret imparted by lemaire to our defencemen would change anything? We are PLAYING badly, not being coached badly by any means. I know everyone is in gloomsville and I am also losing patience (with the situation), but it's still early.

onice 11-11-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 22058679)
From CKAC (I know), seems that Jacques Lemaire really thought that he had an agreement with Gainey and was coming to coach the Habs with Tremblay as his assistant. Michel Villeneuve said then that Gainey HAD to move to another option and went with his #2 solution that was Martin.

Seems that somebody "higher" decided to put his veto down and he didn't want to see Lemaire back with the Habs (probably Boivin...)

Or are we talking of similar candidates that wouldn't make a difference to the quality of this team?

Would you prefer a Lemaire system to a Martin one with always in mind the fact that we have the team that we have?

So we're speculating about rumours started at CKAC. Why don't we also discuss the pros and cons of an Eklund rumour.

Habs13 11-11-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingbobert (Post 22061437)
umm that was his point

they had nothing, lemaire kept them competitive and the minute they leave they stop being competive

THe loss of Gaborik had nothing to do with it either...

Whitesnake 11-11-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 22065403)
So we're speculating about rumours started at CKAC. Why don't we also discuss the pros and cons of an Eklund rumour.

How about using a rumor to start a conversation? Too much to ask? Cause clearly ALL the threads in here are way more important that this little one. How about you use the little X there and avoid seeing it if it's too problematic for you.

As if we've NEVER used an Eklund rumor to talk about possible transactions.....

Blind Gardien 11-11-2009 09:27 AM

I'd rather have gone the way we did with Martin. I really don't like Lemaire or his style and I have bitterness towards him for historical reasons. Maybe he's a good coach, but he's more trouble than he's worth. Martin is worth a try. Boucher will be coming one day. I'm good with the current situation.

otto bond 11-11-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Maybe he does better at that position but coaching was not his fortey.

otto bond 11-11-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 22065964)
I'd rather have gone the way we did with Martin. I really don't like Lemaire or his style and I have bitterness towards him for historical reasons. Maybe he's a good coach, but he's more trouble than he's worth. Martin is worth a try. Boucher will be coming one day. I'm good with the current situation.

I'm with you on this one. Martin can turn things around. Our D is hurthing us biggggggggggg time. It's not solid. This will be Bob's job now.
The only problem I have with Martin is all the LD.

Melvin Udall 11-11-2009 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Whitesnake;22058679]From CKAC (I know),

I think your last statement was pretty accurate.

If you don't have the horses (players) you can't be expected to win the race!

Lamaire did noot have the WILD in the plaoffs last year ('08-'09) - I know Gaborik was injured - so is Markov (not enough roster talent to play above key player injuries on either roster).

:baghead: