HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   OT: Will Spezza pass Yashin this season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=702555)

danishh 11-11-2009 04:35 PM

Will Spezza pass Yashin this season?

Jason Spezza came into this season with 418 pts.
Alexei Yashin currently ranks 2nd in senators history with 491 pts.

will spezza hit 73 pts this year to pass yashin all time and be second in senators history, only to Daniel Alfredsson (921pts)?

extra points: will spezza ever pass alfie? Assuming alfredsson retires at the end of his current contract, he should end up in the 1100-1200 pt range. Spezza is 26, with probably 10-12 seasons left in him, though his body already has had problems throughout his career.

SwedeSenators 11-11-2009 05:13 PM

Spezza will do it and its too early to say if he will pass Alfie.

Novak Djokovic 11-11-2009 05:19 PM

Yes...He better if he wants Sens to make the playoffs.

PhysicalTorque 11-11-2009 05:29 PM

He will be traded before he even gets the chance to. :)

FolignoQuantumLeap 11-11-2009 05:31 PM

In the end I think Spezza will be the Sens all-time leading scorer. He should pass Yashin this year and if management get him another player to work with besides Michalek after Alfie retires he should be put up ~80 points per season till the end of his contract. If he doesn't re-sign after his current contract he'll just come up short IMO of over taking Alfie.

Asquaredx2 11-11-2009 06:08 PM

Spezza may pass Alfredsson, but the difference in eras (for the larger part of their careers) will probably make his numbers less impressive once all is said and done.

tony d 11-12-2009 06:53 AM

I think Spezza will pass Yashin this season. As for passing Alfie that's a tougher question: It depends on injury and on if Spezza plays his entire career in Ottawa. I think if there are no big injuries to Spezza and he stays with Ottawa for his whole career then yes he can pass Alfie.

MatthewT 11-12-2009 08:39 AM

Another question to ask is will Alfie reach 1000 points this year. Thats about a point per game, and so far he is on the right track.

With Spezza, I think last year he had 72 points(?), so I can't imagine him having a worse offensive year then that.

Melnyks Mirage 11-12-2009 09:18 AM

I voted no but it will be close.

Gone are the days where Spezza will get 4-5 points per game.
He'll likely end up with 65-70 points; in some games he'll score a point or two while in others the team will take up the slack.

I doubt he passes ALfredsson as it's unlikely he plays his entire career here. He'll finish his current contract and the crazy Ottawa fans will go: "ZOMG NO CUP!!! WHO CARES IF HE'S 2-WAY FOWARD NO CUP!!!!" and rage and we'll trade him for three 3rd liners from the Ottawa region. :sarcasm:

PoutineSp00nZ 11-12-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFanDan (Post 22081832)
I voted no but it will be close.

Gone are the days where Spezza will get 4-5 points per game.
He'll likely end up with 65-70 points; in some games he'll score a point or two while in others the team will take up the slack.

I doubt he passes ALfredsson as it's unlikely he plays his entire career here. He'll finish his current contract and the crazy Ottawa fans will go: "ZOMG NO CUP!!! WHO CARES IF HE'S 2-WAY FOWARD NO CUP!!!!" and rage and we'll trade him for three 3rd liners from the Ottawa region. :sarcasm:

That's a little bit pessimistic. Spezza is on pace to score around a point a game on top of his 2way play. He'll still have a couple more 3 or 4 point games this season too.

PhysicalTorque 11-12-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutineplato (Post 22082047)
That's a little bit pessimistic. Spezza is on pace to score around a point a game on top of his 2way play. He'll still have a couple more 3 or 4 point games this season too.

Well, I agree with you Plato, but the only think holding Spezza back this season is the lack of a producing winger, as you know, one can hope that Cheechoo gets hot and starts to score various goals, but as it stands, he is still in the no-no, maybe-so.

Hopefully we can find that extra player this team needs so much, though, who is selling?:sgrin::xcheers::x)::xsign::snow: