HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lets move on- Big game tongiht! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70281)

Mooch 04-13-2004 09:13 AM

Lets move on- Big game tongiht!

I say we all take a deap breath, forget what Ribs did last night and move on. The game tonight is what we should all be concentrating on. We are down 2-1. We're on home turf tonight. If we tie the series, its a brand new series, and it then becomes a best of 3!

So lets all get off the bashing Ribs and get on the cheer habs attitude, like we all had a few days ago!

Note: you can discuss anything about the Habs, except Ribs on this thread. I think we have all shared our opinions on what he did or did not do. Lets just move on, enough is enough!

How many points for Kovy tonight?

I say 2 points, 1g, 1a. Zednik and Ryder wil also score,

Hence we will win 3-1:D

Go Habs Go! :banana:

Stefan_Latulippe 04-13-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I say we all take a deap breath, forget what Ribs did last night and move on. The game tonight is what we should all be concentrating on. We are down 2-1. We're on home turf tonight. If we tie the series, its a brand new series, and it then becomes a best of 3!

So lets all get off the bashing Ribs and get on the cheer habs attitude, like we all had a few days ago!

Note: you can discuss anything about the Habs, except Ribs on this thread. I think we have all shared our opinions on what he did or did not do. Lets just move on, enough is enough!

How many points for Kovy tonight?

I say 2 points, 1g, 1a. Zednik and Ryder wil also score,

Hence we will win 3-1:D

Go Habs Go! :banana:

Go thread.

Perreault should play tonight iso Langdon.

Koivu lost THREE faceoffs in the last minute last game and like him or not, we need Perreault in there even if he takes only faceoffs. He is one of the best in the league, he has been one of the best for the last 3-4 years, so lets play him.

Mooch 04-13-2004 09:34 AM

No, i dont think LAngdon should e taken out. We need his toughness against the big bad bruins imo.

julien 04-13-2004 09:38 AM

we should win this game simply because the Bruins a pissed at us Because of Ckoi who made a pranks call and woke them up early in the morning.

WE HAVE TO WIN

I just hope that theo wakes up

GO HABS GO

VAN-HAB 04-13-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

No, i dont think LAngdon should e taken out. We need his toughness against the big bad bruins imo.

agree Langdon has to play tonight. I hope for a big win, we have the momentum and the Bruins did look frustrated, especially the big line. Lets go HABS Ribs with the winning go!

Darz 04-13-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:

I say we all take a deap breath, forget what Ribs did last night and move on.

good call Mooch.

I think if everybody from game 3 can play the lineup will be the same, but with Begin questionable and Rib's...well unsure, I have a feeling Perreault will be in the lineup over someone.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Kovalev Is A Hab 04-13-2004 09:54 AM

I would love for Ribeiro to get the winning goal in OT or something, and then gloat about it right infront of the bruins faces.

I love Ribeiro, and either you love him or hate him, since hes on my team i LOVE him :)

jcpenny 04-13-2004 10:02 AM

Bégin is a warrior and he will be there i'm sure. The guy wanted to play despite his shoulder injury. Ribs is gonna be there too and i'm pretty sure he's gonna play an hell of a game and show why he was our leading scorer. Bruins are gonna be all over i'm and overagressive which will open lanes for Ryder... :lol:

Mooch 04-13-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
good call Mooch.

I think if everybody from game 3 can play the lineup will be the same, but with Begin questionable and Rib's...well unsure, I have a feeling Perreault will be in the lineup over someone.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Ya very true, i guess perreault would be replacing Ribs, and i guess Dackel for Begin.

Lets hope both play though,we need them.

Mooch 04-13-2004 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julien
we should win this game simply because the Bruins a pissed at us Because of Ckoi who made a pranks call and woke them up early in the morning.

WE HAVE TO WIN

I just hope that theo wakes up

GO HABS GO

Coudlnt agree more on that point. He has to play at his best from now one, because we have to win 3 out of 4 games. Thats gona be reall tuff, but doable if Theo elevates his game!

Mooch 04-13-2004 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
agree Langdon has to play tonight. I hope for a big win, we have the momentum and the Bruins did look frustrated, especially the big line. Lets go HABS Ribs with the winning go!

Ya even though Langdon isnt on the ice very much, im sure he installs some fear in some of the bruin players. Simularily im sure Lapoint installs some fear in our players. It balances things out with him in the line-up.

But then i guess Perreault scares that crap outa most of the C on the bruins, except Green, with his mad face-off skils :lol

p.l.f. 04-13-2004 10:16 AM

i think youve got them

thornton and nylander are hurting
they dont have enough scoring depth without those to.

Mooch 04-13-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i think youve got them

thornton and nylander are hurting
they dont have enough scoring depth without those to.

Thats true, but without Kovalev we have also struggled to score. I just hope the other big two can get going in terms of goal scoring. These two are of course--

Zednik, Ryder!

Orange 04-13-2004 10:25 AM

4-2 habs !

Rest well Ribs, we need you back at 100% health ASAP ! (Same goes for Begin !)

Wildbeliefs 04-13-2004 10:50 AM

I hope we see the same intensity tonight that we saw during the first two periods last night.

I really liked the Bulis-Dowd-Ward line, and I hope Ward continues with his one-man wrecking ball style of play. Between him and Begin (if he plays), the Habs should be able to smack players like Gonchar enough to throw them off their games. Now if only someone on the Habs can give Thornton a solid check...

I'm watching for Ryder to have a big game tonight. He was hungry last game, and it's only a matter of time before he hits that top corner he keeps aiming for. Learn something from him, Zednik, and stop shooting low!

As well, there are two players that we have yet to see play up to their potential: Theo and Souray. If these two can turn it on, we'll be *that* much better.

Jacques Strappe 04-13-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs

I really liked the Bulis-Dowd-Ward line, and I hope Ward continues with his one-man wrecking ball style of play. Between him and Begin (if he plays), the Habs should be able to smack players like Gonchar enough to throw them off their games. Now if only someone on the Habs can give Thornton a solid check...

Agreed 110%. But too bad Bulis' hands have turned to stone :shakehead
I would also like to see Komi given his chance at the big show. Quintal is useless. I used to like the guy, but he makes too many mistakes and causes too many turnovers. And he doesn't hit like he used to. So give the kid a shot. He's not afraid to hit.

Quote:

I'm watching for Ryder to have a big game tonight. He was hungry last game, and it's only a matter of time before he hits that top corner he keeps aiming for. Learn something from him, Zednik, and stop shooting low!

I agree again. I predict Ribs will assist on Ryders game winning goal.

ngc_5128 04-13-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Now if only someone on the Habs can give Thornton a solid check...

Don't hit him too hard...it might wake him up

-_- 04-13-2004 11:38 AM

Wildbeliefs, I like your comments about Ward... Begin has to be in uniform tonight, he's big for our club... his presence is very important for us.

Kovy might not score again but i except a good game from him and his line... but personnaly i think Ribs' line would get more points than Saku's line tonight because the Bs will put most of their efforts on stopping our first line... Kovy has find the back of the net on two occassions in game 3 with only 3 shots !!! I think that he has find the way to get the puck pass by Raycroft (should high, Ray Ray's always down on his knees)

Can't wait for tonight, i got tickets at the last minute, yesterday, in the white section, this should be an awesome game... the crowd will definetly be on their feets for his team... most of the fans going to the game tonight didn't went to game 3 (in my books) so they should all be as much excited as i'm of getting the chance to live a experience of high intensity like fans in game 3 had !!!! Montreal's unstoppable at home ! Let's show these god damn Bs they're not welcome in our own battlefield !

Go HABS Go !

I beleive in Ryder... i wouldn't be surprise if he steal the show !

Mooch 04-13-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -_-
Wildbeliefs, I like your comments about Ward... Begin has to be in uniform tonight, he's big for our club... his presence is very important for us.

Kovy might not score again but i except a good game from him and his line... but personnaly i think Ribs' line would get more points than Saku's line tonight because the Bs will put most of their efforts on stopping our first line... Kovy has find the back of the net on two occassions in game 3 with only 3 shots !!! I think that he has find the way to get the puck pass by Raycroft (should high, Ray Ray's always down on his knees)

Can't wait for tonight, i got tickets at the last minute, yesterday, in the white section, this should be an awesome game... the crowd will definetly be on their feets for his team... most of the fans going to the game tonight didn't went to game 3 (in my books) so they should all be as much excited as i'm of getting the chance to live a experience of high intensity like fans in game 3 had !!!! Montreal's unstoppable at home ! Let's show these god damn Bs they're not welcome in our own battlefield !

Go HABS Go !

I beleive in Ryder... i wouldn't be surprise if he steal the show !

I dont think anyone would be surprised. :D

Does he remind anyone else of Garry Roberts?

Corey 04-13-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

I dont think anyone would be surprised. :D

Does he remind anyone else of Garry Roberts?

In some ways he does, but he doesn't have Roberts' mean streak. Not that he's a Lady Byng player (see his hit on Axelsson), but he's nowhere near as dirty.

Corey 04-13-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

I hope we see the same intensity tonight that we saw during the first two periods last night.

As well, there are two players that we have yet to see play up to their potential: Theo and Souray. If these two can turn it on, we'll be *that* much better.

I can think of a few others. One line has accounted for 100% of the scoring.

Mooch 04-13-2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
In some ways he does, but he doesn't have Roberts' mean streak. Not that he's a Lady Byng player (see his hit on Axelsson), but he's nowhere near as dirty.

Roberts isnt dirty, he plays a physical game. I think Ryder can play that type of game and develope that "mean" streak. He is still relatively young for an nhl'er so maybe he will turn into that "power forward" type player. Give him a couple of year.

I hope anyways!

Native 04-13-2004 12:09 PM

Ryder has returned to form and back on track, he'll have a good one tonight. If Begin doesn't play then the additon of Komisarek, to me, seems like a good alternative. Begin is so important to us, he leads our physical game. Our physical game drops significantly and our depth forwards are on the limp and play a finesse game. Haven't seen the line-up yet but I guess Yanic is the most likely replacement. Komisarek can also reintroduce himself to Green! As for Quintal, I really thought play-off action would revitalize him.... elevate himself and go out hard. He just seems to be running on empty. Not just because of his play on Rolston's goal, but I don't seem him playing like a big man. Getting Komisarek into a NHL play-off game is great for his development, a confidence builder. Go Habs Go!

Mooch 04-13-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native
Ryder has returned to form and back on track, he'll have a good one tonight. If Begin doesn't play then the additon of Komisarek, to me, seems like a good alternative. Begin is so important to us, he leads our physical game. Our physical game drops significantly and our depth forwards are on the limp and play a finesse game. Haven't seen the line-up yet but I guess Yanic is the most likely replacement. Komisarek can also reintroduce himself to Green! As for Quintal, I really thought play-off action would revitalize him.... elevate himself and go out hard. He just seems to be running on empty. Not just because of his play on Rolston's goal, but I don't seem him playing like a big man. Getting Komisarek into a NHL play-off game is great for his development, a confidence builder. Go Habs Go!

That Rolston goal was Rivets fault, not Quintals. But you right, i too expected much more from Q, i even posted a thread about him being a warrior in the playoffs. Guess i was wrong. Im all up for Komi to replace him know!

Mooch 04-13-2004 02:28 PM

Looks like Ribs is in tonight, lets just hope Begin is aslo in.