HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Who is your favorite fighter and why? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=703254)

Harrison Ford 11-13-2009 04:28 PM

Who is your favorite fighter and why?

From a pure goon standpoint, I always liked Brashear. He can still move the puck around and get some decent chances on a 4th line. The fact that he is still around today means a lot too.

From a energy guy, I really like Asham. He will always give you a run for your money and can bring the heat. He is also a super nice guy and has a very powerful slap shot. Clarkson is also getting to me since he is on the Devils.

Funny how I am a Devils fan and my two favorite fighters are on Philly and NYR. :laugh:

Who is your favorite fighter?

Dr Grant 11-13-2009 04:36 PM

All-time: Randy McKay

Currently: Cam Janssen

HM: Colton Orr

Morris Wanchuk 11-13-2009 04:37 PM

From the past I have to got with Stan Jonathan.

The guy was a little warrior, for his size, he could go with anyone in the league.

As of right now... I like Tootoo, Neil, Thornton, Orr, and Hordichuk (I remember him from his days with the Springfield Falcons).

Mathias 11-13-2009 04:45 PM

All-time: Bob Probert. Just the way he played, if you touched a skilled player on the Red Wings, then he would come after you. If he lost a fight, he would return in a later game and win.

Other all time favorites include: Dan Kordic, Ryan VandenBussche (would fight anyone at any time no matter size), Reid Simpson, Stu Grimson and Dave Brown.

Right now I like Colton Orr and Eric Godard.

The Head Crusher 11-13-2009 04:50 PM

George Laraque

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa 11-13-2009 04:59 PM

Now, I love watching Rick Rypien and Kevin Bieksa (doesn't seem to fight that often now) from the Canucks.

I don't really have an all-time favorite. Mostly cause I didn't really pay attention to that part of the game until post-lockout.

Fire Julien 11-13-2009 05:13 PM

Matt Johnson

JeromeHP 11-13-2009 05:37 PM

how cant you not loved Rick Rypien, that guy is fearless!! the next PJ Stock

Vikke 11-13-2009 05:40 PM

I really like watching Asham fight. And Chris Neil.

Espen 11-13-2009 05:47 PM

My fav is Laraque. He's a great guy off ice also. I wonders if he practices more boxing than hockey, haha.

Mr. Canucklehead 11-13-2009 06:09 PM

Favorite fighter all time: Brad May. In his Buffalo days the guy was a maniac, loved the happy feet he'd have going as he squared off with each guy. Even at 38, he's still going and hanging with some pretty tough guys. Never backed down from a bigger opponent(has tangled with guys like Laraques, Boogaard, Worrell--yes he lost, but that's not the point). Absolutely fearless dude, and a fantastic guy off the ice. My favorite.

Rick Rypien is quickly earning a place in my books too, one of the toughest Canucks I've ever seen play.(was born in 1984, so missed some of the classics like Williams and Fraser, but did see Odjick and Brashear and the like). He's got a great blend of skill and ability.

~Canucklehead~

nyr2k2 11-13-2009 06:27 PM

Nicky Fotiu and Georges Laraque.

I always enjoyed watching Steve Peat in Washington. Not sure why though, heh.

MetalheadPenguinsFan 11-13-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Probert #24 (Post 22106695)
Right now I like Colton Orr and Eric Godard.

Even better...those two scrapping is always fun to watch. ;) :nod:

In terms of my favourite I gotta go with my homeboy Godard. He really seems to be a great guy both on the ice and off, he isn't afraid to stand up for his teammates, and most importantly he can dish out the pain, as well as take it.

Plus those haymakers he can throw....ouch. :help: :laugh:

Personally I feel he fits the role of enforcer on the Penguins much better than BGL did. BGL seemed lazy to me, it seemed he only faught when he really wanted to. Godard however isn't afraid to get right in there at anytime it seems like.

struckbyaparkedcar 11-13-2009 07:20 PM

The hometown guys. Brad May and Rob Ray.

Right now, I like watching Lucic and Rypien scrap.

kkrawler 11-13-2009 07:37 PM

I always enjoyed Wade Belak. If he wasn't fighting he was making you laugh! lol

Bri 11-13-2009 07:42 PM

Terry O'Reilly, Lyndon Byers, Jay Miller and PJ Stock.

LB and Stock being my favorites....

I'm a Bruins guy, so my favorite non-Bruin fighter would probably be Kocur or Probert.

Stock was so entertaining and would never quit...little guy, huge heart.

(Neely would obviously make the list but I don't consider him a fighter...that is that fighting/enforcing wasn't one of his primary roles.)

Vintage93 11-13-2009 07:42 PM

Wendel Clark

****ing pitbull

Homeland Security 11-13-2009 07:42 PM

Always like Eric Godard for some reason.

Tealblood 11-13-2009 07:54 PM

Rivet, douglas murray, staubitz had one amazing one where he bloodied tootoo lol, but otherwise I don't like him much.

Out of the pure goon group...probably boogy or laraque.

quesosauce 11-13-2009 07:56 PM

Ian Lapierrere

El Duderino 11-13-2009 08:08 PM

Rick Rypien is one badass mother****er. He only weighs 10 pounds more than me, but is able to fight some huge guys (and win most of the time!) He's definitely got courage.

AirMinivan 11-13-2009 08:10 PM

Rick Rypien. Homer pick but the guy is explosive as hell and his fights are always exciting slugfests. Also the best fighter in the NHL for his size.

bruinsfan46 11-13-2009 08:22 PM

All time: P.J. Stock, what's not to love?

Currently: Rick Rypien, what an animal.

hockeycore 11-13-2009 10:58 PM

have to say eric godard as when he was a flame, he beat the hell out of boogard.

out of pure bad assness, I've never seen a better goon resume than that of Brian Macgrattan who is a recovering alcoholic and come from a lineage of ontario steel workers. Plus he gets points from his quote a while back stating he wants to lead the league in fighting majors.

Ih8theislanders 11-13-2009 11:01 PM

I love watching Tootoo