HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Fighting in Hockey: Fantastic, Necessary or Stupid (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=703282)

mrwarden 11-13-2009 05:51 PM

Fighting in Hockey: Fantastic, Necessary or Stupid
 
Vote and Discuss.

Comparison Ford 11-13-2009 05:52 PM

Fantastically necessary.

Mathias 11-13-2009 05:55 PM

Fantastic. :handclap:

Rusty Shackleford 11-13-2009 06:01 PM

Fantastic and necessary.

Morris Wanchuk 11-13-2009 06:13 PM

Fantastic!



It makes hockey the only sport that you don't shut off when there is a blowout! Its not as good as it used to be (With the instigator in the last 5mins BS) but that just means you got to get your message sending done earlier.



Which gets me back to the 5min rule.. Why would they put that in? Don't they want to entertain their paying fans? I don't think I have ever heard anyone I was at a game with complain that there were too many fights in the last 5mins.

Mathias 11-13-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk (Post 22107542)
Which gets me back to the 5min rule.. Why would they put that in? Don't they want to entertain their paying fans? I don't think I have ever heard anyone I was at a game with complain that there were too many fights in the last 5mins.

The idea I think was so that no team would "goon" it up at the end of a game. I say, just get rid of the instigator all together.

NigelSPNKr 11-13-2009 06:18 PM

I dont think it is either of those options. Its just part of the game.

nyr2k2 11-13-2009 06:28 PM

Necessary. The goon vs. goon fights have lost a bit of their luster though.

I'd like to see the instigator gone as well.

BraveSirRobin 11-13-2009 07:02 PM

Necessary. A great way to wake your team up if they're playing sluggish, also for making someone answer for questionable hits. One example would be the Wisniewski-Doan fight a few weeks ago. After Doan got hit, he and Wiz went toe to toe later in the game. Of course it doesn't always work that way, but after the game Doan considered the whole thing done after the fight. Just shows how important fights can be in our sport. I will echo the desire to see the instigator rule done with, as well.

You can also call it fantastic for the fact that a grand majority of fans at the game will go crazy when a fight happens.

Opus 11-13-2009 07:06 PM

I'm not at all against fighting in hockey, in fact I love it...but I don't think it's necessary.

While I love two guys getting into a tussle to charge their respective teams, I'm getting a little sick and tired of the fights that break out after a clean hit is delivered.

El Duderino 11-13-2009 08:05 PM

Fantastic and stupid. I find it extremely silly watching two goons randomly start throwing fists, at the same time, I'm thoroughly entertained!

DrinkFightFlyers 11-13-2009 08:06 PM

Necessarily fantastic.

saskganesh 11-13-2009 09:32 PM

its stupid and having a forum about it is stupid too.

albeit fighting is engaging to watch, much like train wrecks or plane crashes are.

Dagoon44 11-13-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskganesh (Post 22111563)
its stupid and having a forum about it is stupid too.

albeit fighting is engaging to watch, much like train wrecks or plane crashes are.

Well here is the simple fact Fighting is part of the game . If you don't like it don't watch it . There is plenty of college hockey you can watch. And having a forum for it is for fans of it. If you don;t want in it leave :yo:

The Thomas J.* 11-13-2009 10:39 PM

Fantastic & needed!

highoffglass 11-13-2009 10:41 PM

Fantastic and necessary!!!

KotsyJr 11-13-2009 10:52 PM

It's been around forever. It's part of the game.

I say it's both fantastic and necessary.

Opus 11-13-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskganesh (Post 22111563)
its stupid and having a forum about it is stupid too.

Thanks for your input, feel free to ignore the forum if you don't find it useful.

BIG 11-13-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskganesh (Post 22111563)
its stupid and having a forum about it is stupid too.

albeit fighting is engaging to watch, much like train wrecks or plane crashes are.

I'd be surprised if you ever return to back up this opinion.

NigelSPNKr 11-14-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth (Post 22113593)
I'd be surprised if you ever return to back up this opinion.

How is he suppose to back it up? its an opinion, not a fact.

BIG 11-14-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22113867)
How is he suppose to back it up? its an opinion, not a fact.

An opinion would be based on a variety of facts. That is, assuming it's logical.

skipole 11-14-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth (Post 22114285)
An opinion would be based on a variety of facts. That is, assuming it's logical.

Bananas taste better than oranges.

^^ That's my opinion, is it based on facts? No. An opinion is often just that - an opinion. If he thinks "fights are stupid" maybe it's just because he doesn't enjoy watching them. He doesn't need to explain the facts about head injuries or something.

Washington Capitals 11-14-2009 05:50 AM

1.Necessary then fantastic.

BIG 11-14-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipole (Post 22114953)
Bananas taste better than oranges.

^^ That's my opinion, is it based on facts? No. An opinion is often just that - an opinion. If he thinks "fights are stupid" maybe it's just because he doesn't enjoy watching them. He doesn't need to explain the facts about head injuries or something.

There's still a reason for that opinion, and whether it's factual evidence or not it should be reinforced. Even if this was the case, my initial point was misinterpreted a little. I meant he wouldn't return to reinforce his opinion, whether through data or just why he thinks fights are stupid.

Brassard Calder 11-14-2009 02:41 PM

Fantastic and necessary.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.