HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jason Ward (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70368)

park2 04-13-2004 02:50 PM

Jason Ward

Looking for some opinions here. Hasn't he been great to watch during the playoffs? He hits everything in sight and never takes a second off to enjoy the game. He's an absolute workhorse in my opinion. I don't think anybody else plays with the amount of energy that he does.
Just my 2 cents.

Darz 04-13-2004 02:52 PM

Ward has really figured out what he has to do to stay in the NHL, and seems to provide it on a nightly basis. I doubt he will ever see top two line action, but he is a definate plus on the third/fourth line, and imo, has really become a good PK'er. His middle name could be 'hustle'. Hmmm........Jason Hustle.....gotta sort of a ring to it.

gohabsgo2010 04-13-2004 03:01 PM

He's the kind of guy that'll never hurt a team. Okay, so he's out there leaning on his stick for support and he's on his knees more than Britney, but his hustle and hard work has been very good. I get the feeling that he'll pop a few goals for us before all of this is over.

He's one of those unsung guys. You gotta love Begin, but he gets a lot of praise for what he is. Ward sort of just slips in under the radar and does his job. Guys such as himself, Rivet, Bouillon, Dowd, etc, are going to get more and more useful.

I'd like to see him put on some weight, but he's doing fine as is.

Mooch 04-13-2004 03:03 PM

Agreed. I love this guy. Like i said a few days ago, he is a tireless work, who never complains. Just comes out and gives it all he can, regardless of his position.

On top of all that, he has really elevated his game for the playoffs!

Rahan 04-13-2004 03:18 PM

What's nice too is that he can completely jam the opposition's transition play or lock them in their zone with the help of his line. He makes them cause turnovers but somehow he has to find that offensive touch he had in the AHL to capitalize on those occasions, that would make him one of the most useful players on the team. He's very useful but would be a "must have" if he could score that odd goal again, IMO.

HankyZetts 04-13-2004 03:19 PM

Ward is definetly an inspiration to the rest of the team hes a "rudy" type player that never gives up.

habsfansam 04-13-2004 04:01 PM

The kid has been lots of fun to watch... the only thing missing from that line is the danger of them actually scoring while keeping the opposition hemmed in. I love them to death, but i'd really like to see somebody head to the slot after they cause a turnover... maybe markov should be given a little more offensive freedom when out with those guys, it might offer a more dangerous dimension??

Now, if we decided to do away with extra points and institute a shoot-out if overtimes ended in ties, Jason would be HUGE!! I've still got that last one burned into my retinas... D-A-M-N!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: "we're not worthy... we're not worthy"
Go Habs Go!

YOUTH OF HABS 04-13-2004 04:11 PM

seriously, ward has been pretty damm effective so far in these playoffs.
that guy is pure heart and soul..

he creates allot of chances just never seems to be able to sink it into the net.
thats great for a guy who's there NOT for his scoring.

how old was LeClair when he broke out ?? 26 - 27 ??

Mike8 04-13-2004 04:25 PM

I like Ward, but I don't think he's been great in this playoffs. He's missed his check more than a few times defensively, and I get a little worried when his man is Gonchar because of this. He hasn't been great in the neutral zone and transition defense in my opinion.

One step I'd like to see Ward make is to develop a mean streak. He needs to have the mentality that when he hits the ice, he will do two things: 1) make a big hit; 2) eliminate his man defensively ... keep his man contained to the boards.

I find Ward is prone to running around a little in his own zone when there's some confusion.

On the whole I think Ward's improved in virtually every facet of his game since a year ago. I'd like to see him gain a little more confidence with the puck to drive out of the corners with it and go to the net. I think that will come as soon as he gains more chemistry with Dowd and Bulis, assuming he sticks with them for awhile.

Habs 04-13-2004 04:59 PM

He reminds me of a young Forrest Gump.. trying hard.. but his little leg braces keep holding him back.

I want to shout 'Run Forrest Run' when Ward is on the ice.

toughstuff 04-13-2004 05:11 PM

I really like his work ethic. Despite some errors he does not put the team in serious danger. He is not a liability out there.

He reminds me of Mike McPhee in his early days. With time, he should develop his offensive game. He should one day score 10 to 15 goals on a regular basis. A perfect 3 or 4th liner.

Mooch 04-13-2004 05:13 PM

By the way welcome to the board Park2. Just remember to keep it clean, and people wont gun for your head. LOL!

Istvan 04-13-2004 05:32 PM

If he could skate better he'd be Bob Gainey.

EaGLE1 04-13-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istvan
If he could skate better he'd be Bob Gainey.

:joker: Really too early to tell.

jacklours 04-13-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by park2
Looking for some opinions here. Hasn't he been great to watch during the playoffs? He hits everything in sight and never takes a second off to enjoy the game. He's an absolute workhorse in my opinion. I don't think anybody else plays with the amount of energy that he does.
Just my 2 cents.

I wanna to start a new thread to praise him. godd thing I checked first if someone did. I am totally impressed by Ward, he is playing great. He really turn it up a notch and understands what playoff hockey means

Mike8 04-13-2004 07:54 PM

One thing that drives me nuts about Ward is his dump-ins on a line change. Twice in the first period his dump-ins were intercepted which led to bad line changes and enabled the B's to gain Montreal's line easily. He's often failed to take an extra step in the past and will ice the puck accidentally.

CrAzYNiNe 04-13-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
:joker: Really too early to tell.

Can you see the receding hairline too :D

benji 04-13-2004 08:01 PM

Wow what a way to prove you're worth it and want to stay here. About 3 weeks before the end of the season, my Dad and I were watching the game vs Boston, and he was talking to me and said, "You know, Ward doesn't belong in the NHL". A few minutes later, Ward scored the tying goal with under a minute left and i think Rivet scored in OT. Since then, his play has been awesome. Good Work Jason, keep it up! :)

Team_Spirit 04-13-2004 11:10 PM

Nice too see Ward getting some props , it was all about Begin until today :)