HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: who would you rather have right now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=703935)

The Price is Right 11-15-2009 05:01 PM

who would you rather have right now?

who would u rather have right now? higgins or a kost?

For me it would be higgins

TankEller* 11-15-2009 05:03 PM

I take the headcase with actual talent before the other.

Some guys in here are such the crybaby/emo bandwagonners. If Sergei comes back in one month and tears it away like two years ago, you'll be the first hypocrit to create a new thread claiming how Sergei Kostitsyn is awesome and a great prospect.

Nothing against Higgins the player, he's a decent complement to any 3rd line, but the crap he apparently pulled out out of the ice and in front of some of the journalists last year made me less sorry to see him go away for sure.

Thinkbig 11-15-2009 05:04 PM

Good for you.

Quarantesix 11-15-2009 05:06 PM

one day Kost will rack goals on another team and people will make threads about trading Pacioretty.

RoyBoyCoy 11-15-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam A Larry (Post 22141497)
I take the headcase with actual talent before the other.

Some guys in here are such the crybaby/emo bandwagonners. If Sergei comes back in one month and tears it away like two years ago, you'll be the first hypocrit to create a new thread claiming how Sergei Kostitsyn is awesome and a great prospect.

Nothing against Higgins the player, he's a decent complement to any 3rd line, but the crap he apparently pulled out out of the ice and in front of some of the journalists last year made me less sorry to see him go away for sure.

I agree with this post. Headcases can be made into non-headcases and players who don't try, matre into actual competitors. 26 year olds with below-average talent are lacking in the potential department.

JackZap 11-15-2009 05:16 PM

AK, we have enough third line talent on this team.

AntonCH 11-15-2009 05:46 PM

Can I ask for Belliveau and M.Richard instead?
since we're turning back time and all

Blind Gardien 11-15-2009 06:12 PM

I'd probably go with Higgins too. I mean, AK at his best was approaching 30-goalishness. But then so was Higgins. And you get more dimensions out of Higgins. Both players are slumping massively, but I can't help thinking Higgins does more for you when he's slumping than AK does. Flip side, AK has more pure skill and hence a greater upside. Close call, but I'll go with Higgins.

Cupmonger 11-15-2009 06:24 PM

AK for me. I know he isn't showing up. But neither is Higgins. Akost has potential he isn't tapping into. Higgins was only good with Koivu. I understand the frustration with AK, I'm there too. But something has to prime this kid, and that's probably his brother.

HabsKing 11-15-2009 06:27 PM

AK for me too.

Natedawg 11-15-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Price is Right (Post 22141475)
who would u rather have right now? higgins or a kost?

For me it would be higgins

Come on.

Kostitsyn has so much talent. Will you be saying this when kostitsyn is scoring at will in a month?

airlouche 11-15-2009 06:54 PM

Neither

RE-HABS 11-15-2009 07:07 PM

Higgins to me looks out of shape and also I believe he is a player product of Koivu making him look good. He is lost away from Koivu, not Montreal.

AKost, I think he is simply lost without his brother. They have a strong bond and he is missing the companionship off the ice and can't seem to gel with the others. Much like the Sedins it seems as though they need each other too.

I pass on Higgins, and AKost....I don't know, thats a lot of talent, but it may have to be the top 6 package elsewhere and not in Montreal.

I think BG needs to ship the Kosty duo like he did Higgins too.

And sorry but, the "Speculation" should not be on the thread starter...

PK76 11-15-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 22141536)
one day Kost will rack goals on another team and people will make threads about trading Pacioretty.

is Niinimaa still in the NHL?

DeVries* 11-15-2009 07:36 PM

What the **** whit that Higgins back in Montreal hype?

:facepalm:

DogsFan* 11-15-2009 07:40 PM

Why doesnt anyone see Higgins is terrible?

Sandvich 11-15-2009 07:41 PM

Crosby

t3hg00se 11-15-2009 07:51 PM

Higgins has picked up his game, he was the best player on the ice for the Rangers against the Senators.
and
He played at Center
*gasp*

Metropolitsky 11-15-2009 08:12 PM

Oh please get a grip..

Pierre Dagenais 11-15-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hg00se (Post 22143961)
Higgins has picked up his game, he was the best player on the ice for the Rangers against the Senators.
and
He played at Center
*gasp*

Higgins is great against the Senators. He got a hattrick last year versus them.

King Woodballs 11-15-2009 08:31 PM

Higgins is a bum
he clearly proved that last
and this year as well

HABSINCE76 11-15-2009 08:32 PM

The real question should be would you rather have:Tanguay,Koivu Lang,Schneider....or Gomez because their combined salary are roughly the same!

Ghetto Sangria 11-15-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABSINCE76 (Post 22144505)
The real question should be would you rather have:Tanguay,Koivu Lang,Schneider....or Gomez because their combined salary are roughly the same!

Id rather have Mike Cammalleri, and no Mike Cammalleri if we didn't have Gomez...

AntonCH 11-15-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABSINCE76 (Post 22144505)

Would they have signed for the same dollars here?
Me thinks not

Would koivu, lang and tanguay taken a home town discount of that magnitude?
Ask their agents

One Man Rock Band 11-16-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 22143264)
Higgins to me looks out of shape and also I believe he is a player product of Koivu making him look good. He is lost away from Koivu, not Montreal.

AKost, I think he is simply lost without his brother. They have a strong bond and he is missing the companionship off the ice and can't seem to gel with the others. Much like the Sedins it seems as though they need each other too.

I pass on Higgins, and AKost....I don't know, thats a lot of talent, but it may have to be the top 6 package elsewhere and not in Montreal.

I think BG needs to ship the Kosty duo like he did Higgins too.

And sorry but, the "Speculation" should not be on the thread starter...

what?
Posted via Mobile Device