HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Orr vs. Carkner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=704642)

dubey 11-17-2009 06:55 PM

Orr vs. Carkner

Someone has to have a video of this. Carkner was absolutely destroyed.

Zardoz 11-17-2009 07:16 PM

great fight by Orr... different leagues. can't wait to see it again.

danishh 11-17-2009 07:19 PM

carkner's only loss of the season. Orr is clearly one of the dominant enforcers of the league. Good thing carkner is a solid d-man too.

FutureConsiderations 11-17-2009 07:21 PM

Found it.

Linesman skated over Carkner's pinky finger.

Zardoz 11-17-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 22176081)
carkner's only loss of the season. Orr is clearly one of the dominant enforcers of the league. Good thing carkner is a solid d-man too.

different skill sets... :laugh:

although to be fair, while Orr is a goon, he is surprisingly good skater...

Dagoon44 11-17-2009 07:35 PM

Orr is hitting his stride with the last few fight my God Carkner got wasted in that one. And Colton can't skate lol , He is a favorite of mine but he isn't a good player

R S 11-17-2009 08:30 PM

Wow, Orr has been pounding people lately.

Where is he ranked in heavyweights? Are Boogard and Laraque the best overall scrappers?

Ih8theislanders 11-17-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 22178205)
Wow, Orr has been pounding people lately.

Where is he ranked in heavyweights? Are Boogard and Laraque the best overall scrappers?

Orr>Boogard IMO

I'd give the very slight edge to Laraque though between he and Orr.

The Expert 11-17-2009 09:08 PM

Carkner fought out of his class in that one. As a result Orr got the win.

Manny* 11-17-2009 09:11 PM

Carkner's first loss. He's eight for nine at the moment, you gotta give him some credit. Orr dusted him, though.

Paris in Flames 11-17-2009 09:36 PM

I gotta think Colton's a top 3 fighter in the league.

He was trying to get Neil to go for most of the night. No go.

SpezDispenser 11-17-2009 09:41 PM

Incredible. I knew Orr was tough, but I'm not sure how many people appreciate what a monster Carkner is. Good takedown by Orr, I'll definitely admit that.

Should be a great tilt next Toronto/Ottawa match.

Zardoz 11-17-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezDispenser (Post 22180528)
Incredible. I knew Orr was tough, but I'm not sure how many people appreciate what a monster Carkner is. Good takedown by Orr, I'll definitely admit that.

Should be a great tilt next Toronto/Ottawa match.

for sure they'll go again. Carkner got pounded but you have to give him credit for trying to get Orr to go again later.

Juice* 11-17-2009 10:00 PM

i love carkner and he learned a valuable lesson. he needs to start his fight angry...he waited too long against a premier fighter and it was too late. he got worked.

he will do better next time thats a fact....

Madic 11-18-2009 12:08 AM

Anything to bring some life into the battle of Ontario again. When we've got a team that doesn't play worth jack unless there's 5 minutes left in a game and we're down a goal, I'll take anything worth watching.

Should make for a great next matchup.

SomE 11-18-2009 12:18 AM

Orr is the man! From what I've seen the only fighters Orr can't beat are Laraque and Brashear. Oh and Orr is the worst skater in the league so I'm not sure what that guy was talking about.

Kessel>Seguin + 11-18-2009 12:28 AM

If you watch the linesmen does skate over Carkners finger. Suprised this does not happen more often

As far as rating fighters I wish i could bump Larque out of the number 1 spot but what has he done to lose it?

Laraque
Brashear (for the simple fact he dominate Orr head to head)
Orr
Boogard (starting to slow down a bit, maybe not as elite as he was thought of when he first jumped onto the scene breaking Fedoruk's face)
McGratton (Orr ripped him the other night but still a top 5 guy)

NYRSinceBirth 11-18-2009 12:54 AM

Colton Orr is the man. He throws bombs.

Thordic 11-18-2009 08:24 AM

Orr has trouble with stronger fighters who like to fight in close (like Brash). He's at his best with a little room to throw. If his opponent gives Colton room to throw, he's done. Every time. I don't think I've ever seen Orr lose a fight where he had a little room and a free right arm. His right hits like a ton of bricks. And he can take a beating too, always ends a fight with a smile no matter how many fists to the face he ate.

Glad to see he's still going well.

Mathias 11-18-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thordic (Post 22184639)
Orr has trouble with stronger fighters who like to fight in close (like Brash). He's at his best with a little room to throw. If his opponent gives Colton room to throw, he's done. Every time. I don't think I've ever seen Orr lose a fight where he had a little room and a free right arm. His right hits like a ton of bricks. And he can take a beating too, always ends a fight with a smile no matter how many fists to the face he ate.

Glad to see he's still going well.

Every time?...

pld459666 11-18-2009 09:17 AM

I miss Colton "Bobby" Orr

Brashear is garbage at this point

Frolov 6'3 11-18-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny (Post 22179491)
Carkner's first loss. He's eight for nine at the moment, you gotta give him some credit.

I beg to differ.

There's certainly room for discussion with some of his other fights.

wolfgaze 11-18-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 22176181)
although to be fair, while Orr is a goon, he is surprisingly good skater...

His skating isn't great but it's leaps and bounds better than it used to be. Two off-season ago Orr stayed in the NYC area over the summer and worked out at the Rangers training center all summer, specifically concentrating on his skating.... It was much improved the following season..... Orr is a good guy, his fists are like bricks...

hackeynight 11-18-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris in Flames (Post 22180392)
I gotta think Colton's a top 3 fighter in the league.

He was trying to get Neil to go for most of the night. No go.

As a heavyweight Neil rarely goes other heavweight's he would much rather destroy guys like Adam Mair, Steve Downie and Luke Schenn.

He ran like a kid last night from Orr.

NJDEVILS17* 11-18-2009 11:00 AM

It looks like the Battle of Ontario is back! Terrific fight and Orr clearly dominated Matt Carkner with those 3 rights at the end.

I think that Colton Orr has improved significantly as a player. I remember when he first came to the Rangers, he wasn't a good skater but between the 06-07 season and 07-08, Orr improved significantly as a player and he showed that he can play a regular shift.