HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Congrats to habs on a great season! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70491)

Kerberos* 04-13-2004 11:04 PM

Congrats to habs on a great season!

Unless you are Darz, you also believe that the playoffs are over for the habs. They might take this series to 6 if they fight hard but don't expect them to win this series. If I have to put the fault on one player for losing this series i would say Jose Theodore. However, don't take it too hard on Theo, he's still a young goalie and there is a lot of pressure on him as he once did well in the playoffs. Plus, it's always worst when it's the second time at something. Do you remember how he played after his Hart, Vezina season? I think it's normal that players suck at their second year and this was Theo's second post-season as the no.1 goalie. So, therefore, I accept the loss of the series as a playoff experience for the whole team and hope they do better next season. After all, who on this board, (except darz) seriously expected the habs to make the playoffs this season? This series was just candy for us habs fans now let's come back to earth and accept that our team truly is not experienced nor talented enough to win in the playoffs. We should now concentrate on next season and the rookie draft and clap and cheer the habs really hard for giving us all these emotions. Congrats habs, may next year be better for thee! :handclap: . On a side question, how many years away do you think we are from winning the cup?

Souray44 04-13-2004 11:09 PM

Get some faith.

Do you give up on everything so easily?

you must lead a sad sad life.

don't get back on the bandwagon when we win thursday cause people like you certainly aren't welcome.

Catala 04-13-2004 11:12 PM

As depressed and pissed as i can possibly be, i'm still behind the team and always will be.

GO HABS GO

Kerberos* 04-13-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souray44
Get some faith.

don't get back on the bandwagon when we win thursday cause people like you certainly aren't welcome.

No, it's mostly because i have finals next week and I should study instead of watching hockey games like today. If I had the time I'd still have faith but the chances are so slim now that my time is better spent studying. If we win, cool but otherwise who cares since we've got to win 3 in a row anyways.

And no I won't go back on the bandwagon.

Vicious 04-13-2004 11:13 PM

I'm completely depressed as well... I skipped work twice in last week and I was planning on skipping Thursday as well. Now, I won't have to.

Thank you Mick Mcgeough!

oli500 04-13-2004 11:16 PM

Im going to church tomorow to light up a candel and make a praire. I did that 2 years ago after zednik got knoked out cold. I can garenty you that if every one on this board did this are luck might just change.

SuperUnknown 04-13-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
If I have to put the fault on one player for losing this series i would say Jose Theodore. However, don't take it too hard on Theo, he's still a young goalie and there is a lot of pressure on him as he once did well in the playoffs. Plus, it's always worst when it's the second time at something.

Raycroft is younger than Theodore.

For the first four games:

Weak goals:
Theodore: 7-8 weak goals
Raycroft: 1 weak goal?

Big stops:
No count but Raycroft has much more big stops than Theodore. Just tonite for the 1st OT, Montreal had 10 scoring chances against 2 scoring chances for Boston. The whole game Raycroft made big save after big save. Even last game Raycroft made the big saves to keep Boston in the game while Theodore wasn't tested much.

I don't think Theodore will ever bring us to the promised land, he's no Brodeur or no Roy. (or no Vokoun? :amazed: )

#44_delivers 04-13-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Unless you are Darz, you also believe that the playoffs are over for the habs. They might take this series to 6 if they fight hard but don't expect them to win this series. If I have to put the fault on one player for losing this series i would say Jose Theodore. However, don't take it too hard on Theo, he's still a young goalie and there is a lot of pressure on him as he once did well in the playoffs. Plus, it's always worst when it's the second time at something. Do you remember how he played after his Hart, Vezina season? I think it's normal that players suck at their second year and this was Theo's second post-season as the no.1 goalie. So, therefore, I accept the loss of the series as a playoff experience for the whole team and hope they do better next season. After all, who on this board, (except darz) seriously expected the habs to make the playoffs this season? This series was just candy for us habs fans now let's come back to earth and accept that our team truly is not experienced nor talented enough to win in the playoffs. We should now concentrate on next season and the rookie draft and clap and cheer the habs really hard for giving us all these emotions. Congrats habs, may next year be better for thee! :handclap: . On a side question, how many years away do you think we are from winning the cup?

i still believe
game 5 i cant wait!

Kerberos* 04-13-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
Raycroft is younger than Theodore.

For the first four games:

Weak goals:
Theodore: 7-8 weak goals
Raycroft: 1 weak goal?

Big stops:
No count but Raycroft has much more big stops than Theodore. Just tonite for the 1st OT, Montreal had 10 scoring chances against 2 scoring chances for Boston. The whole game Raycroft made big save after big save. Even last game Raycroft made the big saves to keep Boston in the game while Theodore wasn't tested much.

I don't think Theodore will ever bring us to the promised land, he's no Brodeur or no Roy. (or no Vokoun? :amazed: )

Rookie goaltenders always seem to do well in the playoffs because they have no pressure. However, watch out next year, I promise that he will suck big time.

VAN-HAB 04-13-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catala
As depressed and pissed as i can possibly be, i'm still behind the team and always will be.

GO HABS GO

So am I.... Go Habs Go....Die hard fan

HFXMooseHabs 04-13-2004 11:41 PM

If you're already saying this series is over before the Bruins have won 4 games then you have no right to call yourself a fan of the Montreal Canadiens.

I'll congratulate the Habs on a good season when the season is actually over. Until then, GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe. It can be done.

Bruinguy 04-14-2004 01:46 AM

I'm not trolling or anything like that but you guys are absolutely right. Don't give up faith. It may be an uphill battle but that's why they call it a best 4 out of 7 games. I'm not counting my chickens yet as a Bruins fan, trust me. Just as you guys do, I have faith that the Bruins will win but it's still not over yet.

Go Bruins.

Keep the faith boys.

KOMO_ROCKS 04-14-2004 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =CH=
If you're already saying this series is over before the Bruins have won 4 games then you have no right to call yourself a fan of the Montreal Canadiens.

I'll congratulate the Habs on a good season when the season is actually over. Until then, GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe. It can be done.

Hopefully Mr Jose Theodore decides to show up for this team.........as far as he goes, this team will go. Time for Theo to wake up and show us the type of goalie he was when he won the Hart and Vezina trophy. I am starting to think maybe putting Garon in net for game 5 is not such a bad thing afterall

SuperUnknown 04-14-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinguy
I'm not trolling or anything like that but you guys are absolutely right. Don't give up faith. It may be an uphill battle but that's why they call it a best 4 out of 7 games. I'm not counting my chickens yet as a Bruins fan, trust me. Just as you guys do, I have faith that the Bruins will win but it's still not over yet.

Go Bruins.

Keep the faith boys.

Problem is I doubt the Habs will outplay the Bruins like they did the past two games for three other games in a row. Since they need to play that way to have a chance to win (because of subpar goaltending), winning the serie will be very harsh. As it often happens, when a goaltender clearly outplays another one during the playoffs, his team wins regardless of if it has been the best.

AK-47 04-14-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souray44
Get some faith.

Sadly, with a little luck on are side, we'd be leading the series 3 games to 1.

Gros Bill 04-14-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Unless you are Darz, you also believe that the playoffs are over for the habs.

Well, I ain't Darz (thank God), but the play-offs aren't over yet for the Habs. All they have to do is ... win the next game, and take it from there. After that, well, "we'll climb that bridge after it's gone, after we're way past it".

Go Habs Go !

Darz 04-14-2004 08:34 AM

Well.....coming back from 3 games to 1 deficits in the playoffs is the stuff legends are made of. It doesn't happen too oftern, and the teams that do it are usually remembered for such feats, so......the players have to ask themselves....do you want to be remembered as the 03-04 habs who exceeded expectations and made the playoffs when most figured it next to impossible and leave it at that or do you want to be remembered for more.

Win the next game....bring it back to Montreal for game 6. That has to be the only goal now. Bring it back to Montreal.

Physical HABuse 04-14-2004 08:54 AM

It's kind of funny when a Bruins fan has to come on to the Habs forum and cherr us up or motivate us. Anyway, Kerberos sounds like a realist....as am I. And as certain as I was that the tide was turning and the Habs would make a series of it....while watching well into the 3rd period.....I am now just as certain that this is just too much to overcome.....particularly when Souray and Julien are blaming Kovalev for the loss last night. Kovalev stepped his game up in the last few nights and the team was rallying around him and his line.....more than could be said for Theodore....or Souray....or whoever. Now, he's been raked over the coals. This team is at the end of its rope. I think realistically they will not win the series. Although they still have to put forth the effort for the next game......in my mind anyway....the team will have to regroup for next season.

Blind Gardien 04-14-2004 08:54 AM

Quote:

Unless you are Darz, you also believe that the playoffs are over for the habs. They might take this series to 6 if they fight hard but don't expect them to win this series. ... This series was just candy for us habs fans now let's come back to earth and accept that our team truly is not experienced nor talented enough to win in the playoffs. We should now concentrate on next season and the rookie draft and clap and cheer the habs really hard for giving us all these emotions. Congrats habs, may next year be better for thee! :handclap: . On a side question, how many years away do you think we are from winning the cup?

Well, we've played well enough to win the last 3 games in a row. Only, of course we haven't actually won. I can't see the team playing any better than they have, really, and like you say, the only room for improvement is likely to be Theodore. (If Ryder or Zednik pop some, it just means Kovy or Ribs won't, so I don't really think that counts as room for improvement... we can't score more, just get different guys). The biggest question though is whether the team can rebound from that demoralising Game 4 and actually play as well as they did. That's going to be a big experience for the team in itself. And one I'm sure that BG will be monitoring closely.

In fact, I think this playoff has given BG a lot of food for thought in how he wants to shape this team going forward. There has been a lot of turmoil in and around this overall successful season, and I bet he will want to see a more closely knit and harmonious group moving forward. He didn't think we'd win, and we didn't think we'd win (except for Darz, ok), but there have been a lot of positives and a lot of interesting character revelations along the way that should really help him start to put his stamp on the team during the off-season (whenever that happens to start, hopefully weeks and weeks from now!).

How many years from winning the Cup? Jeez, I dunno, minimum 5, I'd say.