HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why is Theodore so nervous? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70492)

Masao 04-13-2004 11:04 PM

Why is Theodore so nervous?
 
Look at him... he's shaking like an 18 year old kid who's just been thrown in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Since the series has started, he's let in at least 2 bad goals per game. Yeah, he's made a lot of great saves but dammit what's the use if he just crumbles under the pressure in important moments?

Remember two years ago how as soon as Carolina scored to make it 3-1 he completely lost any shade of confidence he could have and fell completely flat.

I think it's getting more and more obvious that although Theodore is one of the best goaltenders in the world, if not THE best... he cannot be counted on in important moments. Since the series have started he's been losing the puck more often than I can count and has given rebounds that would have given Andre Racicot a heart attack.

What Theodore needs right now is not Roland Melanson to teach him how to move across his net... he needs a ****ing psychologist.

Kerberos* 04-13-2004 11:06 PM

Second playoff experience...

Team_Spirit 04-13-2004 11:07 PM

I don't know , but he was supposed to make the difference and he didn't played one good game so that's why the B's are up 3-1 .

kobe 04-13-2004 11:46 PM

Theo under pressure? FORGET ABOUT IT! He has a very difficult time to handle pressure situations! IT'S A FACT! NOT A MONEY GOALIE BY A LONG SHOT! HE JUST IS A VERY OVERRATED GOALIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Kerberos* 04-13-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe
Theo under pressure? FORGET ABOUT IT! He has a very difficult time to handle pressure situations! IT'S A FACT! NOT A MONEY GOALIE BY A LONG SHOT! HE JUST IS A VERY OVERRATED GOALIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Don't come back troll!

fufonzo 04-13-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe
Theo under pressure? FORGET ABOUT IT! He has a very difficult time to handle pressure situations! IT'S A FACT! NOT A MONEY GOALIE BY A LONG SHOT! HE JUST IS A VERY OVERRATED GOALIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

He was huge under pressure with the Olympiques de Hull in their playoffs, and was named playoff MVP of the QMJHL. He's also won gold medal with the Canadian Junior team in 96 and was named the tournament's best goalie. Not too bad for a goalie who's a proven bust under pressure.

EaGLE1 04-13-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe
Theo under pressure? FORGET ABOUT IT! He has a very difficult time to handle pressure situations! IT'S A FACT! NOT A MONEY GOALIE BY A LONG SHOT! HE JUST IS A VERY OVERRATED GOALIE! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

You are right about this year. I always thought that Theo was great under pressure.
What is happening to him?

We had 25 chances to score against 10 marginals ones & coudn't win. WTF?

Raider917 04-14-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo
He was huge under pressure with the Olympiques de Hull in their playoffs, and was named playoff MVP of the QMJHL. He's also won gold medal with the Canadian Junior team in 96 and was named the tournament's best goalie. Not too bad for a goalie who's a proven bust under pressure.

how many goaltenders hasnt this happened to in the last few seasons? giguere didnt make the playoffs this year, lalime has dug his own grave, cloutiers injury is a good thing to vancouver and turco is choking again this year. luongo hasnt played in the playoffs so you cant compare him to theo. raycroft is still a rookie, a couple of yrs down the road, it will happen to him.
there are no young goaltenders out there that arent going thru this. the worst thing we can do is give garon the job now cause we will be doing this all over again next year.

Chehabi 04-14-2004 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917
he worst thing we can do is give garon the job now cause we will be doing this all over again next year.

Actualy, I kind of want to see Garon get a shot. I think he'd be a better goalie.

Flozell 04-14-2004 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1

We had 25 chances to score against 10 marginals ones & coudn't win. WTF?

Are those official stats or is it an estimate?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.