HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Does Briere have an "A" on his jersey? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=704924)

Crossbar Ping 11-18-2009 02:35 PM

Does Briere have an "A" on his jersey?
 
Quick question for this season! plz answer

langerrr 11-18-2009 02:36 PM

the alternating captains this year were - Pronger, Timonen, Carter, and Gagne.

TheDrizzle81 11-18-2009 02:38 PM

UNLESS: Pronger, Timonen, Carter, or Gagne are out, so in that case yes. Hes the alternate, alternate alternate captain.

They explained this in the 1st game, I think Pronger and Timonen are home? Carter and Gags are away? and Briere is to fill in for any of them when they are hurt or something

IrishSniper87 11-18-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22188848)
UNLESS: Pronger, Timonen, Carter, or Gagne are out, so in that case yes. Hes the alternate, alternate alternate captain.

They explained this in the 1st game, I think Pronger and Timonen are home? Carter and Gags are away? and Briere is to fill in for any of them when they are hurt or something

Close, but you have the right idea.

Pronger and Carter wear A's at home, Timonen and Gags on the road, with Briere filling in if one is injured.

Cannon is always the Captain.

TheDrizzle81 11-18-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 22189005)
Close, but you have the right idea.

Pronger and Carter wear A's at home, Timonen and Gags on the road, with Briere filling in if one is injured.

Cannon is always the Captain.

Thus meaning Briere will have an A on his shirt tonight

IrishSniper87 11-18-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22189070)
Thus meaning Briere will have an A on his shirt tonight

Yeah, it is likely Briere and Timonen tonight.

Crossbar Ping 11-18-2009 02:58 PM

Thanks a lot boys, just ordered up my winter classic jersey. Cant wait till it is released and delivered.

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-18-2009 06:41 PM

As explained above but here is a source from opening night:

http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blog...-flyers-2.html

Quote:

The official update on the alternate captain rotation is as follows: Chris Pronger and Jeff Carter will wear the "A" on the road while Simon Gagne and Kimmo Timonen will don the letter at home. After 40 games, they will switch.

Meanwhile, Danny Briere is the supersub alternate, getting to wear the A in an injury situation. Combined, the five players along with captain Mike Richards make up John Stevens' leadership group.

Jules801 11-18-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22188848)
UNLESS: Pronger, Timonen, Carter, or Gagne are out, so in that case yes. Hes the alternate, alternate alternate captain.

They explained this in the 1st game, I think Pronger and Timonen are home? Carter and Gags are away? and Briere is to fill in for any of them when they are hurt or something


lol @ your reason for edit

TheDrizzle81 11-18-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 22192407)
lol @ your reason for edit

u r the only person who would have seen that lmfao. i edited it like 8 times lol.



*awaiting ur facepalm*

flountown 11-19-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar Ping (Post 22189095)
Thanks a lot boys, just ordered up my winter classic jersey. Cant wait till it is released and delivered.


Maybe its just me, but unless he wears it in the actual game, I wouldn't do it. Definitely get it just in case, but be ready to peel it off if he doesn't serve as an A.

IrishSniper87 11-19-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 22192245)
As explained above but here is a source from opening night:

http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blog...-flyers-2.html

I must of had it backwards myself!

Timonen and Gags at home, Pronger and Carter on the road.

Oooops.

Briere is supersub? Like a sandwich?

RJ8812 11-19-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 22201529)
I must of had it backwards myself!

Timonen and Gags at home, Pronger and Carter on the road.

Oooops.

Briere is supersub? Like a sandwich?

could you imagine how big and what would be on a "supersub"?


mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.