HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Warrior Gloves (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=705124)

bmxer 11-19-2009 12:26 AM

Warrior Gloves
 
I'm having trouble deciding which glove to get from Warrior which are on sale at hockey monkey.com. They have Super Mac's and Mac's for 70-80 or Fubar's for 85. Initially I was wanting the Super MacDaddy's but now I'm considering the Fubars, only thing is that they don't have 14" in Fubar...
Any input is welcome. thanks

SouthpawTRK 11-19-2009 01:36 AM

I would recommend that if you can possibly either save up a bit more money, go for the Warrior Pro Bully gloves. Post some pics on whatever glove you decide to go with.

Chris43 11-19-2009 05:05 AM

I have Fubar's.... Love them.

StrykerB 11-19-2009 05:47 AM

Was just on the Warrior website and noticed that they have a Glove Customizer. You can make your gloves to your EXACT specs. Almost too much information. They seem to be made by MIA. Pretty cool to see all the things you can do to customize them.

greech 11-19-2009 07:13 AM

Super Mac Daddy's are the highest quality of the 3 gloves, IMO. If they fit you go for it.

Number Nine 11-19-2009 08:27 AM

I am also looking to get a pair of Warrior gloves. None of the stores in my area have a good selection though. Can anyone tell me how Warrior gloves compare to Eagle x70's from '07 model. I like sort of wide gloves, and am looking at getting the "Stroker" gloves off of hockeymonkey.com, but I cant find anywhere to try them on.

Any input would be appreciated.

shoeshine boy 11-19-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerB (Post 22200919)
Was just on the Warrior website and noticed that they have a Glove Customizer. You can make your gloves to your EXACT specs. Almost too much information. They seem to be made by MIA. Pretty cool to see all the things you can do to customize them.

I did this last spring. LOVE my custom Warriors:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...warriors-1.jpg

kickassdrummer 11-19-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greech (Post 22201173)
Super Mac Daddy's are the highest quality of the 3 gloves, IMO. If they fit you go for it.

I have these and they're awesome. Highly recommended.

frito 11-19-2009 12:58 PM

i got each or my daughters Warrior gloves about a season ago. My personal experience is they are garbage. Both of them wore holes through the palms in no time. My youngest, a mite at the time, wore holes in hers in less than a month.

Rabid Ranger 11-19-2009 01:02 PM

Go high end or go home IMO. Bargain Warrior stuff is absolute trash.

CanadaBacon 11-19-2009 01:11 PM

The Ak27's are the most comfy gloves i have ever worn, hell, they are the most comfy........ anything, that i have worn on my hands. Im not dropping 220+ on gloves though.

bmxer 11-19-2009 03:49 PM

Only problem is that I am in New Zealand and they don't have hockey shops like they do in Canada. I can't just walk in a store and try on pairs of gloves like you would at Pro Hockey Life... Shipping will also be an arm and a leg (quoted at 70USD to ship 1 pair of gloves to NZ, 80 for 2 pairs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK (Post 22200322)
I would recommend that if you can possibly either save up a bit more money, go for the Warrior Pro Bully gloves. Post some pics on whatever glove you decide to go with.

Thanks, I checked out the Pro Bully's and they seems to be of higher quality then the Fubar's. Also, hockeymonkey have a much wider the selection of Pro Bully's for 14".

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerB (Post 22200919)
Was just on the Warrior website and noticed that they have a Glove Customizer. You can make your gloves to your EXACT specs. Almost too much information. They seem to be made by MIA. Pretty cool to see all the things you can do to customize them.

Yeah, I've seen that and it would be cool, but the extra cost isn't justifiable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greech (Post 22201173)
Super Mac Daddy's are the highest quality of the 3 gloves, IMO. If they fit you go for it.

A buddy of mine has a new pair and I'll be trying them on tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frito (Post 22205012)
i got each or my daughters Warrior gloves about a season ago. My personal experience is they are garbage. Both of them wore holes through the palms in no time. My youngest, a mite at the time, wore holes in hers in less than a month.

I'm a bit worried about this too. The way I hold my stick is pretty bad for the palm... Regardless of the gloves I get, I just might get a patch of leather sown onto the palm where it is most affected.

DevilsFan38 11-19-2009 03:59 PM

I've heard bad things about the palms on the MacDaddy's (just from reading other messageboards), and good things about the Bully's. I was going to get a pair of Bully's until I found a really good deal for NBH 4-rolls.

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-19-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger (Post 22205065)
Go high end or go home IMO. Bargain Warrior stuff is absolute trash.

completely agree, but they look cool so people buy them

i have bauer 4 rollls they are really comfortable

bmxer 11-19-2009 04:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to go with the Pro Bully's. blk/red

bmxer 11-23-2009 05:01 PM

I'm going to HOLD on the gloves for now as I dislocated my shoulder... again! Might have to get surgery soon :shakehead

CanadaBacon 11-23-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxer (Post 22272567)
I'm going to HOLD on the gloves for now as I dislocated my shoulder... again! Might have to get surgery soon :shakehead


Ouch, tough luck man

nyr33 12-01-2009 11:44 PM

I had the fubar pro's for about 6 months. they were awesome, good protection, but the palms ripped after playing only a few times a week. i got nikebauer 4 rolls and they are 10x better


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.