HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kostitsyn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=705961)

WestIslander 11-21-2009 06:42 AM

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

After watching the poise in Pacioretty's game last night and the way Kostitsyn was actually battling and bumping players off of the puck, I say...

Keep Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kostitsyn together!

In fact, my lines when we are 100% healthy would be:

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
D`Agostini - Metropolit - Moen
Latendresse - Lapierre - Laraque

Chipchura

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Mara

Note: Send White, Pyatt, Bergeron and Leach down, keep Sergei down all season as well

la25ecoupe 11-21-2009 07:04 AM

id put sk on 2nd patches on 3rd and dags in presbox

WestIslander 11-21-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

id put sk on 2nd patches on 3rd and dags in presbox
If anyone belongs in the press box, it's Latendresse!

Habruti! 11-21-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 22236098)
After watching the poise in Pacioretty's game last night and the way Kostitsyn was actually battling and bumping players off of the puck, I say...

Chipchura

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Mara

Note: Send White, Pyatt, Bergeron and Leach down, keep Sergei down all season as well

Actually I would prefer seeing Lapierre with Moen and Latendress. Metropolit with Pyatt and Daggostini.

Daice 11-21-2009 08:29 AM

k so the 2nd line had one good game.... where they scored once?
so now we keep them together the whole year, no matter what.....

nice

:shakehead:

habs fans are easy to please

Kriss E 11-21-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 22236098)

Chipchura

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Mara

Mara has been solid. His -8 number is in no way representative of his play. He averages 20-21min per game, he's our Dman with the least turnovers. Like the +/-, the turnover stat can be tossed aside saying it's not such a great stat. But for a Defensive Dman that usually keeps his play simple, it's an important stat.
In no way is he our 7th Dman.

O'Byrne was good yesterday, but he played 2games overall. Gill and him should be the 6-7th Dmen.

At this point, Lapierre and Latendresse aren't even playing better than Pyatt and White. So, wouldn't be so quick as the assign them to 4th line. D'Ago wasn't terrific either, so once he's back he better step it up.

Fozz 11-21-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daice (Post 22236446)
k so the 2nd line had one good game.... where they scored once?
so now we keep them together the whole year, no matter what.....

nice

:shakehead:

habs fans are easy to please

Actually, it's 2 good games and they are showing some interesting chemistry. I agree it's too early to jump for joy but if they keep this up, we could finally have 2 scoring lines.

Capitano 11-21-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 22236884)
Actually, it's 2 good games and they are showing some interesting chemistry. I agree it's too early to jump for joy but if they keep this up, we could finally have 2 scoring lines.

I think MaxPac had a fantastic game last night...should have bured that 2 on 1 with Andrei though, but his overall game was fabulous.

I have been a big critic of MaxPac being with the big club but if he can bring that game even half of the time I'd be thrilled.

Erik Estrada 11-21-2009 09:55 AM

Assuming Gomez is really out and that line stays put, for better or worse they become the default #1 line in the eyes of other clubs. Cammy should get less attention whoever gets plugged with him.

FlyingKostitsyn 11-21-2009 12:30 PM

I'd make a few changes to you healthy lineup but yeah it looks good.

D`Agostini/Pyatt - Metropolit - Moen
Latendresse - Lapierre - White

Chipchura

I'd like Martin to put Spacek back on LD

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Gorges
Spacek - Mara/Gill

This would give us a very balanced defense. I'm unsure were Gill fits however, with everyone healthy I see him as our 7th D. I like Mara and O'Byrne better. We need to find a way to lose Laraque, I hope Gainey had JM play him yesterday to showcase him or something (like ANYONE would want Laraque... we can hope I guess).

Ghetto Sangria 11-21-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn (Post 22238269)
I'd make a few changes to you healthy lineup but yeah it looks good.

D`Agostini/Pyatt - Metropolit - Moen
Latendresse - Lapierre - White

Chipchura

I'd like Martin to put Spacek back on LD

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Gorges
Spacek - Mara/Gill

This would give us a very balanced defense. I'm unsure were Gill fits however, with everyone healthy I see him as our 7th D. I like Mara and O'Byrne better. We need to find a way to lose Laraque, I hope Gainey had JM play him yesterday to showcase him or something (like ANYONE would want Laraque... we can hope I guess).

I like your D line and totally agree with Spacek. Although he completely shut out Ovechkin on the Right side last game, its obvious he is not as effective on the right side. We have 3 right dmen right now who are healthy, so once Gill comes back, I would put Spacek on the left side again.

Hammer Mara
Spacek OB
Gill Gorges

Bergeron

Once Markov is back:

Markov OB
Hammer Mara
Spacek Gorges

Gill

If OB does not play well, put him on third paring and move up the other two right D.
I think Gainey did get a good D corp... its just a shame that they are depleted now :(

number 11 11-21-2009 12:45 PM

max and andrei have been playing better and better the last few games. their line should definitely stay together, even if it doesn't always show on the score sheet

Ghetto Sangria 11-21-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number 11 (Post 22238453)
max and andrei have been playing better and better the last few games. their line should definitely stay together, even if it doesn't always show on the score sheet

I agree, I am frustrated that Patches missed that opportunity though! Akost needs all the pts he can get to get his confidence up.