HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Online Black Friday Sales? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=706709)

bosshogg18 11-23-2009 03:00 PM

Online Black Friday Sales?
 
Does anyone know if any online hockey equipment companies, i.e. hockey monkey, hockey giant, etc. are doing black Friday sales?

thedoc1019 11-23-2009 03:11 PM

i was wondering the same thing

CanadaBacon 11-23-2009 03:50 PM

What exactly is "black friday"? i dont watch american news or anything. I have heard the term just not sure exactly what it is.

Does Canada have this?

Superstar Treatment 11-23-2009 04:00 PM

hockeymonkey probably will, they've been running sales every weekend to get rid of 08 stock.

Johnny Law 11-23-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22270188)
What exactly is "black friday"? i dont watch american news or anything. I have heard the term just not sure exactly what it is.

Does Canada have this?

Black Friday is a huge shopping day, the Friday after thanksgiving is unofficially the start to the Christmas season. Stores open mad early and sometimes have deep discounts to get people in and shopping. It used to be and E.C. thing but has certainly branched out.

The term black Friday started in the 60's in Philadelphia and simply referred to the increased traffic.

frito 11-23-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Law (Post 22270535)
Black Friday is a huge shopping day, the Friday after thanksgiving is unofficially the start to the Christmas season. Stores open mad early and sometimes have deep discounts to get people in and shopping. It used to be and E.C. thing but has certainly branched out.

The term black Friday started in the 60's in Philadelphia and simply referred to the increased traffic.

It's also a day to stay the heck away from any and all shopping malls. Stay home, decorate the hosue and relax instead. ;)

CanadaBacon 11-23-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Law (Post 22270535)
Black Friday is a huge shopping day, the Friday after thanksgiving is unofficially the start to the Christmas season. Stores open mad early and sometimes have deep discounts to get people in and shopping. It used to be and E.C. thing but has certainly branched out.

The term black Friday started in the 60's in Philadelphia and simply referred to the increased traffic.

Oh..cool

Thanks man :)

Placebo Effect 11-23-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22270659)
Oh..cool

Thanks man :)

It's basically Boxing Day for Americans (they don't have Boxing Day). It's really crazy though. IIRC people have died from being trampled when stores open and all the people try to rush in as quickly as possible.

CanadaBacon 11-23-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One95 (Post 22271356)
It's basically Boxing Day for Americans (they don't have Boxing Day). It's really crazy though. IIRC people have died from being trampled when stores open and all the people try to rush in as quickly as possible.

What? thats firetrucking crazy! :amazed:

Hockeyfan68 11-23-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frito (Post 22270607)
It's also a day to stay the heck away from any and all shopping malls. Stay home, decorate the hosue and relax instead. ;)

Agreed!:handclap:

cptjeff 11-24-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22271678)
What? thats firetrucking crazy! :amazed:

And it seems to happen two or three times a year at least.

Typically happens at wal mart type places with one entrance rather then real malls. Malls tend to be pretty safe, except for the fights over crappy toys and the last item in a certain size.

The deals are great if you can cope with the crowds though.

As to the OP, I don't think online retailers typically have black friday sales. Your LHS very well might though.

Happy Pony 11-24-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Law (Post 22270535)
Black Friday is a huge shopping day, the Friday after thanksgiving is unofficially the start to the Christmas season. Stores open mad early and sometimes have deep discounts to get people in and shopping. It used to be and E.C. thing but has certainly branched out.

The term black Friday started in the 60's in Philadelphia and simply referred to the increased traffic.

Recently the term refers to the beginning of the time of year when most stores books get into the black.

justheducks 11-24-2009 12:46 PM

So i am hoping that there are a ton of online deals so i don't have to leave the house and be able to buy some good stuff. Cause the last thing I wana do is go shopping on black friday. Course hockey giant or hockey monkey probably won't be to bad on friday *crossing fingers*

Brodeur 11-24-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justheducks (Post 22288860)
So i am hoping that there are a ton of online deals so i don't have to leave the house and be able to buy some good stuff. Cause the last thing I wana do is go shopping on black friday. Course hockey giant or hockey monkey probably won't be to bad on friday *crossing fingers*

Probably won't be so bad. I dropped by last year and plan on doing so again this year. I forget if HockeyGiant did anything worthwhile last year, but HockeyMonkey (at least in store) had an extra 20% off clearance items and (I want to say) 10% off any regular items. I just remember being mad at myself for not buying my goalie blocker/glove then and saving $40.

thedoc1019 11-24-2009 11:27 PM

it is confirmed that Hockeyworld.com will have sales for Black Friday online and in their stores.

Source via Their Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...eyworld?ref=nf

justheducks 11-27-2009 12:32 AM

Any deals for tomorrow!

Hockeyfan68 11-27-2009 12:36 AM

I got a spam email from Peranis which included Warrior Johnson sticks at $50 while they last instore and online.

http://www.peranis.com/

http://www.peranis.com/?utm_source=e...eclub-20091125

EDIT: the doc1019 posted their facebook page up above ... different links but the same people.

IniNew 11-27-2009 05:12 PM

There aren't too many great deals.

Hockey Giant Deals
Perani's
Hockey Monkey


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.