HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   What exactly is 'freestyle' at rinks? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=706738)

gintonic 11-23-2009 03:29 PM

What exactly is 'freestyle' at rinks?

I was looking at a couple local rinks schedule to plan out a skate, and I see 'freestyle' listed in there in addition to 'public skate' but neither site explains what that is. I know that it has something to do with figure skating, but are these usually sessions reserved only for them, or can other people go and skate at them?

Nigelbilt 11-23-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gintonic (Post 22270744)
I was looking at a couple local rinks schedule to plan out a skate, and I see 'freestyle' listed in there in addition to 'public skate' but neither site explains what that is. I know that it has something to do with figure skating, but are these usually sessions reserved only for them, or can other people go and skate at them?

A rink by me has this, is kinda like shinny for figure skaters

gintonic 11-23-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22270784)

I sort of figured that, but really what I was getting at was if you were to show up in your hockey skates and work on stuff zipping around the rink, would all the twirlers get ticked off, or more importantly, would the rink not allow it?

Nigelbilt 11-23-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gintonic (Post 22270817)
I sort of figured that, but really what I was getting at was if you were to show up in your hockey skates and work on stuff zipping around the rink, would all the twirlers get ticked off, or more importantly, would the rink not allow it?

I dont know, i wouldnt be able to concentrate with all those hotties in those tight outfits :naughty:

*Disclaimer* the ones over 18 ;)

Placebo Effect 11-23-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 22271058)
I dont know, i wouldnt be able to concentrate with all those hotties in those tight outfits :naughty:

*Disclaimer* the ones over 18 ;)

You can't, trust me I know haha

blueberrydanish 11-23-2009 04:00 PM

mmmm figures skaters......mmmmm

Placebo Effect 11-23-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueberrydanish (Post 22271377)
mmmm figures skaters......mmmmm

I took a power skating class recently and after our class was over we'd always walk by a rink that had a bunch of probably late teens and early 20 girls practicing. Needless to say my walking basically slowed to a stand still :P

SouthpawTRK 11-23-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

+1. My local rink has tons of freestyle times for figure skaters, but a fraction of times for hockey players.

ModSquad 11-23-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

More like stick and puck time for figure skaters. Individual figure skaters practicing their routines on an open sheet.