HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   X-Supporter... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70705)

MentalPowerHouse 04-14-2004 01:50 PM

X-Supporter...
 
I from Southern Ontario and I am breeded to cheer for Toronto, which I do, but regardless I support all Canadian teams and most underdog teams come playoff time, including Montreal even though Boston with Toronto is one of my favourite teams. After the Riberio and the Kovalev incidents I no longer cheer for Montreal to beat Boston, in fact I really hope Boston destroys them. Regardless....

I am not going to hate montreal and I am not going to bash Montreal or its fans, who I am sure will bash me for this post, I don't hold anything against them. The simple fact of the matter is Montreal has become a complete and utter joke around Hockey circles, you have the lost the respect of countless. I know people will respond and rebuttal what I am saying and rip me to shreds and blame whoever, but its a fact fair or not and you have no one to blame but your own players. People respect honest hardworking teams, like Calgary in this playoffs or Edmonton in past playoffs, and the sad fact is Montreal is not one of those teams or atleast not perceived as one.

Even my friends who are diehard Montreal fans see it, and they admit, until Montreal rebuilds this team with hardworking diehard players they are going nowhere and will not have respect anywhere.

Subban Fan 04-14-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
I from Southern Ontario and I am breeded to cheer for Toronto, which I do, but regardless I support all Canadian teams and most underdog teams come playoff time, including Montreal even though Boston with Toronto is one of my favourite teams. After the Riberio and the Kovalev incidents I no longer cheer for Montreal to beat Boston, in fact I really hope Boston destroys them. Regardless....

I am not going to hate montreal and I am not going to bash Montreal or its fans, who I am sure will bash me for this post, I don't hold anything against them. The simple fact of the matter is Montreal has become a complete and utter joke around Hockey circles, you have the lost the respect of countless. I know people will respond and rebuttal what I am saying and rip me to shreds and blame whoever, but its a fact fair or not and you have no one to blame but your own players. People respect honest hardworking teams, like Calgary in this playoffs or Edmonton in past playoffs, and the sad fact is Montreal is not one of those teams or atleast not perceived as one.

And you probably forgive Mcsorley and Bertuzzi... :shakehead

Mooch 04-14-2004 01:53 PM

Wow i have never seen so much bashing in one day.

The mods are gona be real busy!

MentalPowerHouse 04-14-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
And you probably forgive Mcsorley and Bertuzzi... :shakehead

I already said I dont hold anything against Montreal or its fan, and come next year if they work hard like I said I will support them. So what is your point? I'm not a hypocrite.

Munchausen 04-14-2004 01:56 PM

There's alot of softies in Montreal I agree. But they did work hard most of the year, it's just that 2 incidents (I think we know which ones) have been magnified and blown out of proportion to the extent that now Montreal is "perceived" as a bunch of wusses.

Gainey knows what to keep and what to leave from those accusations. He'll do his cleanup during the summer.

Now as for these playoffs, the players did work hard, outworking and thus outplaying Boston in fact, but Theodore let them hang to dry, while Raycroft was spectacular. It's the name of the game. Better luck next time.

Hab-a-maniac 04-14-2004 01:59 PM

Montreal does work hard and are building around great, gritty, and/or promising players. What Ribs did is one guy who needs to learn a lesson. What Kovalev did is something he has been known to do. The whole team gets painted with this brush? Look, after how we have played up to Boston's level (but still lost), I think we might have gained respect around the league for how far we've come. And believe me, your Leafs are going nowhere in the future because they don't have anyone with which to build around (anyone under 30 besides Tucker, Stajan, Ponikarovsky, Telqvist, Antropov and Kaberle?

Don't even mention those "promising" AHL'ers you have).
The Habs are going in the right direction but they need some more stability at defense in the future. I would like to see a tougher blueline that is able to shut down opponents much easier than we have now. So when guys like Komisarek, Hainsey, Beauchemin and Korneev are ready, we can say goodbye to the streaky likes of Dykhuis, Rivet, Quintal, Boullion and Brisebois. I'd like to keep Markov and Souray (if he stays healthy for once).

But the whole bashing of the Habs as wusses and divers is totally wrong. You watch forwards like Begin, Ward, Koivu, Ryder, Bulis, Dowd and you're watching gritty, mentally tough guys who give a good honest effort and don't play dead or embellish all the time. Come on, the Leafs have a resident embellishment goon in Darcy Tucker. I know someone who has connections to the Leafs and he says when Tucker gets hurt sometimes, the trainer heads out to check on him. On certain occasions, Tucker has been known to ask if there was a penalty called. If not, he gets right back up and skates to the bench like nothing happened.

Someone I worked with used to watch Tucker back in his junior days and was close to his team. He'd do the same crap back then too. He's like Claude Lemieux except without the phony writhing in pain. But Darcy gets away with it because a)he plays for the Leafs, b)He's Western Canadian and those types are totally honest all the way, c)Cherry loves him in his blind faith and d)He's not European or French so he doesn't get labelled when he does it. Then again, we drafted him.

But we don't look at the Leafs like wussy divers who deserve no respect. The fact that this is Montreal, who is an easy target for mockery on HNIC, and that both players were non-English Canadian makes it a field day for the hockey press. We are not a classless team at all. We have some classless fans and a few classless players, but that goes with any team, okay.

Subban Fan 04-14-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
I already said I dont hold anything against Montreal or its fan, and come next year if they work hard like I said I will support them. So what is your point? I'm not a hypocrite.

My point is that Ribs and Kovy didnt hurt anyone...what's your problem???

CrAzYNiNe 04-14-2004 02:00 PM

Bye. If you do not want to be a habs fan, then we do not want you to be a habs fan. Find the door and walk through it.

maswe12 04-14-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
My point is that Ribs and Kovy didnt hurt anyone...what's your problem???

They hurt the game. Those were 2 publicized instances...but as a team the Habs have a tendency to embellish. It cheapens the games IMO.

didjuicythat 04-14-2004 02:11 PM

C'est drôle comment il y a des ptits "Joe Connaissants" qui sont portés à croire que le slashing que Kovalev a reçu c'est pas lui la victime et c'est quasiment lui le coupable, le "fakeux" sans même être certain de savoir la vérité sur ce qui s'est passé. J'pense qui en a qui exagèrent pas mal et qui prennent pour acquis que Kovalev jouait la comédie et qu'il voulait seulement attirer une punition pour les Bruins sans savoir les faits réels (personne les sait vraiment d'ailleurs mis à part le coaching staff et Kovalev lui-même).

En tout cas, tant qu'à moi, ces incidents-là qui sont appelés par les médias "L'affaire Ribeiro" et "L'affaire Kovalev", c'est juste une raison de plus pour les Bruins de parler de ça au lieu de parler du fait que l'équipe contre eux sur la glace joue du meilleur hockey qu'eux depuis un peu plus de 3 matchs et qu'ils sont encore bien chanceux d'avoir 2 matchs d'avance dans cette série-là. Mais ça, personne en parle, voyons donc, le "fakage" de Kovalev c'est ben plus important.

:shakehead

All-Star 04-14-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
...

Ok... Thanks for your perfectly useless opinion, now go away. :mad:

All-Star 04-14-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maswe12
...

You too! :mad:

Carbo N8 04-14-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
, .
People respect honest hardworking teams, like Calgary in this playoffs or Edmonton in past playoffs, and the sad fact is Montreal is not one of those teams or atleast
Even my friends who are diehard Montreal fans see it, and they admit, until Montreal rebuilds this team with hardworking diehard players they are going nowhere and will not have respect anywhere.

You talk about respect & you cheer for the Leafs with Belak, Domi, Tucker, Marchment etc.

Maybe its better that you don't follow the Habs any more, you're too busy cheering for your other 29 teams. Oh sorry, you didn't mention Columbus & Florida, so I guess it's only 27.

Histrion 04-14-2004 02:27 PM

Looks like a lot of people have uninteresting rants about the Habs to do.

Maybe we should start a: SPORADIC AND OFFICIAL UNINTERESTING RANT THREAD ABOUT THE HABS.

We could let these whiners have some fun and get rid of them.

velimiiro 04-14-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
I from Southern Ontario and I am breeded to cheer for Toronto, which I do, but regardless I support all Canadian teams and most underdog teams come playoff time, including Montreal even though Boston with Toronto is one of my favourite teams. After the Riberio and the Kovalev incidents I no longer cheer for Montreal to beat Boston, in fact I really hope Boston destroys them. Regardless....

I am not going to hate montreal and I am not going to bash Montreal or its fans, who I am sure will bash me for this post, I don't hold anything against them. The simple fact of the matter is Montreal has become a complete and utter joke around Hockey circles, you have the lost the respect of countless. I know people will respond and rebuttal what I am saying and rip me to shreds and blame whoever, but its a fact fair or not and you have no one to blame but your own players. People respect honest hardworking teams, like Calgary in this playoffs or Edmonton in past playoffs, and the sad fact is Montreal is not one of those teams or atleast not perceived as one.

Even my friends who are diehard Montreal fans see it, and they admit, until Montreal rebuilds this team with hardworking diehard players they are going nowhere and will not have respect anywhere.


Don't you cry now... :nopity:

Raider917 04-14-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro
Don't you cry now... :nopity:

this team is playing a ******** better than they were 5 years ago. i like it. theyre going to get better so you cant give up on them now but if you do then were better off without you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.