HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Injury Report: Thomas Hickey to undergo Shoulder surgery - Out at least 4 months (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=707195)

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 11-24-2009 06:49 PM

Thomas Hickey to undergo Shoulder surgery - Out at least 4 months

"General manager Dean Lombardi confirmed this afternoon that defenseman prospect Thomas Hickey will undergo shoulder surgery and will be out for the next four months. Lombardi indicated that Hickey had been attempting to play through the injury for some time. Asked if Hickey would be able to return for the end of the Monarchs’ season, Lombardi sort of shrugged and said there’s an issue with Hickey needing to get stronger. Another blow for the Monarchs…"

-Hammond

Discuss!

Reaper45 11-24-2009 06:50 PM

So that's why he played so poorly. We know he has it in him to play way better than that.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 11-24-2009 06:51 PM

Makes perfect sense now. .

Shellz 11-24-2009 06:54 PM

Damn you Hickey. :(

kingsholygrail 11-24-2009 06:55 PM

I really don't like it when players try to do that. It often just aggravates the injury and makes it worse when they finally decide to repair it, not to mention it delays their IR period and makes them play below their performance level.

Hope he recovers quickly.

SFKingshomer 11-24-2009 06:56 PM

Frustrating! Johnson's development has been stunted by injuries, now Hickey out.:(

McSorley 33 11-24-2009 07:02 PM

I feel so much better knowing that his playing wasn't sucking, and that it was an injury instead.

So, this is good news and bad news.

DIEHARD the King fan 11-24-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33 (Post 22294940)
I feel so much better knowing that his playing wasn't sucking, and that it was an injury instead.

So, this is good news and bad news.

I don't!

not tellin* 11-24-2009 07:21 PM

oh sweet. wtf, hittin and hittin hard this damn injury bug.

Telos 11-24-2009 07:38 PM

Second time he has done this, I hope he comes back better than before and gives them hell in training camp next year, but this kid really needs to start looking after himself :P

Kings man 4 life 11-24-2009 07:44 PM

Kids got heart to say the least, needs to grow some brains lol

The Black1963 11-24-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 22294819)
I really don't like it when players try to do that. It often just aggravates the injury and makes it worse when they finally decide to repair it, not to mention it delays their IR period and makes them play below their performance level.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Not only that, more often than not, it's also detrimental to the team as well. Not to mention heartburns us diehard kings fans have to endure. There's time to man-up and this isn't one of them.

Scrivezina 11-24-2009 08:56 PM

damn

Capn Brown 11-24-2009 09:43 PM

Two words: Jared Aulin.....

Reaper45 11-24-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 22297811)
Two words: Jared Aulin.....

Jared Aulin came from a super rich family and always had things given to him. he never had the heart to get through adversity. That is not Hickey.

FootKnight 11-24-2009 10:22 PM

Injury prone bust. Hickey and a pick...

No, not really.

McSorley 33 11-25-2009 12:01 AM

He needs to workout and get bigger and thats all.....

He has the skills and the foot speed to be fine in this league, but he has the body of a kid still in high school. Therefore, he gets manhandled by men in a men's league.

Mr. Hickey and Loki need to find a gym, please.....

TonySCV 11-25-2009 12:53 AM

I'm sure no one's more upset than Hickey. He's set his own development schedule back at least a year with these injuries.

kingpest19 11-25-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33 (Post 22299417)
He needs to workout and get bigger and thats all.....

He has the skills and the foot speed to be fine in this league, but he has the body of a kid still in high school. Therefore, he gets manhandled by men in a men's league.

Mr. Hickey and Loki need to find a gym, please.....

190 is the body of a kid?

Capn Brown 11-25-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 22298116)
Jared Aulin came from a super rich family and always had things given to him. he never had the heart to get through adversity. That is not Hickey.

Very true. I just hope this shoulder thing doesn't do to Hickey's career what it did to Aulin's.

BigKing 11-25-2009 09:46 AM

A whole year of development lost and apparently Lombardi doesn't think he is strong enough physically for the AHL.

I like him and hope he pans out but you don't draft defenseman this small at #4 unless they have supreme speed and way above-average skills. I know he is a good skater but damn was that pick a reach and this injury makes it more difficult for him to reach his potential.

I mean, they took a small d-man at #4 who has now proven to be injury prone. On top of that, this is the second time he has hidden an injury and tried to play through it. Love the heart but I don't like disobeying management sine they were pretty clear about him not doing this again.

SFKingshomer 11-25-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKing (Post 22301978)
A whole year of development lost and apparently Lombardi doesn't think he is strong enough physically for the AHL.

I like him and hope he pans out but you don't draft defenseman this small at #4 unless they have supreme speed and way above-average skills. I know he is a good skater but damn was that pick a reach and this injury makes it more difficult for him to reach his potential.

I mean, they took a small d-man at #4 who has now proven to be injury prone. On top of that, this is the second time he has hidden an injury and tried to play through it. Love the heart but I don't like disobeying management sine they were pretty clear about him not doing this again.

Hmmm, that "small" Kimo Timonen seems to be doing alright. It's a good thing we didn't let him go too early. :sarcasm: Rafalski isn't too shabby either, he just took awhile to develop, like a bunch of Dmen. Be patient with Hickey or it will bite us in the ass.

BigKing 11-25-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFKingshomer (Post 22302088)
Hmmm, that "small" Kimo Timonen seems to be doing alright. It's a good thing we didn't let him go too early. :sarcasm: Rafalski isn't too shabby either, he just took awhile to develop, like a bunch of Dmen. Be patient with Hickey or it will bite us in the ass.

Go look up where those guys were drafted before you tell me to be patient.

I am being patient. I didn't say trade him orsay he was a bust. Hell, I slip on my T-Birds Hickey t-shirt weekly. All I am saying is that if the Hickey saga were a teen romantic comedy, this is the part where the girl finds out that the guy was paid to date her in the beginning even though he is crazy about her now. Let's hope it turns out but this is definitely a serious downturn.

Oh, and let's make a list of all the d-men over 6 foot and 200 pounds that have made it and compare it to the 5'10" and under crowd. It's still a reach man.

Johnny Utah 11-25-2009 12:28 PM

Well, Hickey is hurt, Teubert played like crap in camp...thank god for Voynov.....Campbell is nowhere near an NHL'er. Looks like we aren't as deep as we thought on D....Thank god for Doughty.

Reaper45 11-25-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 22304310)
Well, Hickey is hurt, Teubert played like crap in camp...thank god for Voynov.....Campbell is nowhere near an NHL'er. Looks like we aren't as deep as we thought on D....Thank god for Doughty.

Teubert needed another year in juniors. And it's paying off.