HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=707838)

Habs 4 Life 11-26-2009 11:57 AM

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 2
 
continue here,other thread is over 1000

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=706741&page=42

Turtleneck Plek 11-26-2009 12:00 PM

LOL @ this thread making it to a part two. I can't imagine what's gonna happen when an important player on this team gets traded.

habsprospects 11-26-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek (Post 22323902)
LOL @ this thread making it to a part two. I can't imagine what's gonna happen when an important player on this team gets traded.

HFBoards will crash.

Turtleneck Plek 11-26-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50 (Post 22323939)
HFBoards will crash.

That happens a lot. I think this board might break the internet if a big Habs trade happens. Like, literally break it.

Hermamoud 11-26-2009 12:06 PM

How many threads were there at the darkest day in history?

Garo 11-26-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek (Post 22323973)
That happens a lot. I think this board might break the internet if a big Habs trade happens. Like, literally break it.

Imagine if we really got Hossa.

This was our best shot, I think.

Maxpac 11-26-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek (Post 22323902)
LOL @ this thread making it to a part two. I can't imagine what's gonna happen when an important player on this team gets traded.

Nobody on the team got more articles then Guillaume Latendresse...

Coach Brisebois* 11-26-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 22323975)
How many threads were there at the darkest day in history?

Which one? This one, or last years?

SergeConstantin74 11-26-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Patrick Roy avait vu juste à propos de Latendresse

Lundi, trois saisons et 23 matchs plus tard, l'association professionnelle entre le Canadien de Montréal et Guillaume Latendresse s'est terminée. Doit-on s'en étonner?


Latendresse, promu hâtivement dans la Ligue nationale à l'âge de 19 ans, élevé au rang de héros national à l'aide de quelques bonnes performances durant un camp d'entraînement, n'a jamais répondu aux aspirations, parfois démesurées, de la clientèle du Centre Bell et de ses employeurs.


En octobre 2006, l'entraîneur des Remparts, Patrick Roy, fut l'un des premiers à sonner l'alerte. Roy avait soulevé l'hypothèse que Latendresse n'était pas encore prêt à évoluer chez les professionnels.


...


Complete article: http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvell...25-084200.html

Every french media in Montreal except Demers and Bergeron was saying he was just a bitter fool at the time, but now would they admit he was right?

Turtleneck Plek 11-26-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garo (Post 22324066)
Imagine if we really got Hossa.

This was our best shot, I think.

We never know. Just wait until Crosby gets close to free agency. Or Ovechkin, or any other superstar for that matter. We might really break the internet.

InglewoodJack 11-26-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 22324368)
Complete article: http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvell...25-084200.html

Every french media in Montreal except Demers and Bergeron was saying he was just a bitter fool at the time, but now would they admit he was right?

First time I almost like Patrick Roy.

Pascal 11-26-2009 12:59 PM

"Latendresse, promu hâtivement dans la Ligue nationale à l'âge de 19 ans, élevé au rang de héros national..."

sigh..

onice 11-26-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 22324699)
"Latendresse, promu hâtivement dans la Ligue nationale à l'âge de 19 ans, élevé au rang de héros national..."

sigh..

If Pouliot ever lives up to expectations, do you think he'll be elevated to the status of national hero once they find out he's from Ontario?

Chfan 11-26-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 22324844)
If Pouliot ever lives up to expectations, do you think he'll be elevated to the status of national hero once they find out he's from Ontario?

They already know, the other day RDS was saying how we traded away a pure Quebecer :facepalm:

Coldplay 11-26-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 22324699)
"Latendresse, promu hâtivement dans la Ligue nationale à l'âge de 19 ans, élevé au rang de héros national..."

sigh..

:biglaugh:

So they think Quebec is a country, I'm not surprised.

I can't believe this is part 2 of the trade, honestly, what's gonna happen if someone who isn't entirely worthless is traded?

Ohashi_Jouzu 11-26-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 22324844)
If Pouliot ever lives up to expectations, do you think he'll be elevated to the status of national hero once they find out he's from Ontario?

They'll start dancing around it by saying he grew up "near the Ontario border" to make it sound like he's from Quebec, without directly lying of course. ;)

Hermamoud 11-26-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 22324699)
"Latendresse, promu hâtivement dans la Ligue nationale à l'âge de 19 ans, élevé au rang de héros national..."

sigh..

I didn't know that he was a hero for Albertans too.

Joe Cole 11-26-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 22325042)
They already know, the other day RDS was saying how we traded away a pure Quebecer :facepalm:

Sad. True.

JC Lajoie and Jean Perron said it as well.

I am not surprised coming from Jean Charles... he also said that Louis Leblanc is French BUT... he comes from the West Island, how much of a French Canadian can he be?

Hermamoud 11-26-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu (Post 22325085)
They'll start dancing around it by saying he grew up "near the Ontario border" to make it sound like he's from Quebec, without directly lying of course. ;)

RDS always adds "the FRANCO-ontarian" when talking about players like Giroux or Pouliot, or the "FRANCO-manitoban" when talking about Toews.

Pat Burns said something funny after the Latendresse trade. Gregoire said that the Canadiens were eliminating the Quebecers from the team, and Burns replied: "Pouliot comes from Alfred. It's closer to Montreal than Chicoutimi."

Talent Analyst 11-26-2009 01:37 PM

There is a good article here by Sébastien Goulet, on Corussports. They said Latendresse is the same player we drafted in 2005. He hasn't progressed since. André Ruel made that comment.

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/no...l-1852931.html

I agree with this one.

LyricalLyricist 11-26-2009 01:38 PM

This national stuff aside. If Pouliot and pacioretty end up decent we'll have a nice combo.

Ohashi_Jouzu 11-26-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 22325139)
RDS always adds "the FRANCO-ontarian" when talking about players like Giroux or Pouliot, or the "FRANCO-manitoban" when talking about Toews.

Pat Burns said something funny after the Latendresse trade. Gregoire said that the Canadiens were eliminating the Quebecers from the team, and Burns replied: "Pouliot comes from Alfred. It's closer to Montreal than Chicoutimi."

Hahaha, that is funny.

Jigger77 11-26-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 22325139)
RDS always adds "the FRANCO-ontarian" when talking about players like Giroux or Pouliot, or the "FRANCO-manitoban" when talking about Toews.

Pat Burns said something funny after the Latendresse trade. Gregoire said that the Canadiens were eliminating the Quebecers from the team, and Burns replied: "Pouliot comes from Alfred. It's closer to Montreal than Chicoutimi."

Nice, Gotta love Burns.

I just might have to use that one myself.

InglewoodJack 11-26-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole (Post 22325112)
Sad. True.

JC Lajoie and Jean Perron said it as well.

I am not surprised coming from Jean Charles... he also said that Louis Leblanc is French BUT... he comes from the West Island, how much of a French Canadian can he be?

Louis Leblanc speaks perfect english, and went to an English high school.

Therefore

He sucks.

kernkraft 11-26-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole (Post 22325112)
Sad. True.

JC Lajoie and Jean Perron said it as well.

I am not surprised coming from Jean Charles... he also said that Louis Leblanc is French BUT... he comes from the West Island, how much of a French Canadian can he be?

I know, I know. Sometimes Lajoie says such idiotic things that you wonder if he's just bad at expressing his sarcasm.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.