HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Players being offered around the league (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=708027)

WestIslander 11-27-2009 07:38 AM

Players being offered around the league

According to Tony on the Team 990, there is a team out west interested in George Laraque! and another player currently on the roster.

According to Tony, Gainey was also offering the following players to the other 29 GM's in the league right after training camp:

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn

If I were Gainey, I would love to see George traded to a team before or at the deadline so that we can bring up Neilson up (cheaper and a better fighter at this point in his career).

Also, I would think that Chipchura will be packaged with Halak and maybe another prospect or player only if we make the playoffs, if not, then they go for prospects and picks (1st and 2nd rounders).

Tuggy 11-27-2009 07:41 AM

I'd trade Laraque for a dollar like Draper was.

The Russian General 11-27-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 22334090)
I'd trade Laraque for a dollar like Draper was.

And we would win that trade.

I'm pretty sure it's the Oilers that are interested in BGL. I guess they are also interested in SK. But Gainey, don't trade SK please!
Posted via Mobile Device

Andrighetto Fabolous 11-27-2009 07:48 AM

I don't have a problem with Chipchura, Laraque and Stewart being traded but Sergei has looked really good and he's the type of player that would be perfect for Jacques Martin's system since he's very solid defensively and can PK.

Having guys like Moen, O'Byrne, Mara, Gill and White who will fight to stick up for their teammates really has made Laraque more useless than he really is so he can GTFO as soon as possible.

WestIslander 11-27-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it's the Oilers that are interested in BGL. I guess they are also interested in SK. But Gainey, don't trade SK please!
Don't be surprised if Edmonton is also interested in Halak because:

1) Khabibulin is old and not getting the job done.
2) They are weak in the goalie department unless Deslaurier and Roy develop into starters.

Bryzga lol* 11-27-2009 08:17 AM

I hope Gainey keeps Sergei, as long as he gets along with the team.

It's possible that these are old rumors. Considering Latendresse's name isn't relevant anymore in trade talks, this rumor may have only got to the ear of Tony a little late. Since then, Sergei has proven he belongs in the NHL, and may have proven that he's a good guy to have around.

Only time will tell though. As fans, we have NO idea how Sergei is behaving and whether or not he's worth keeping. Gainey, Martin and the key locker room guys are the ones with the best insight, and they'll decided what's best for the team.

The good news is, if Sergei still can't cooperate, at least he's playing very well, meaning he'll fetch a good return. A guy like Cogliano or a young player with some potential isn't totally out of the picture now.

Throw Laraque in with him, his time is up and I think even he knows it. Unless he's a very positive influence on the team, ship him out.

CanadienErrant* 11-27-2009 08:23 AM

Chipchura-Laraque-Halak

for

Stortini - Jacques - Deslauriers

Patty Roy 11-27-2009 08:27 AM

Well no surprise with Laraque...he's overpaid and useless. I would have personally tried to pry Boogaard out of Minnesota along with Pouliot (i still think a heavyweight, in theory is a good idea). If Edmonton (or anyone else) wants Laraque, as far as i'm concerned they can have him for nothing. Amazing that Laraque and Moen ended up getting the same contract!

Chipchura also is not a surprise. He is clearly not a favorite of the current coach and at this point looks destined to be waiver fodder. I do think that there is probably a few teams out there that would be willing to give him a shot. Not that we could expect much, if anything in return.

Sergei, obviously again no surprise...but he's not a guy we should just give away. If a good deal presents itself then by all means move him, otherwise hang on.

Stewart is a strange one...he's cheap and has no value...so why offer him around? Let him play in the AHL, work on his game, get his confidence back...i think he could still turn into a decent enough 4th liner for us.

Sam I Am 11-27-2009 08:53 AM

What GM in his right mind would take on Laraque's contract? Makes no sense.

WestIslander 11-27-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

I hope Gainey keeps Sergei, as long as he gets along with the team.

It's possible that these are old rumors. Considering Latendresse's name isn't relevant anymore in trade talks, this rumor may have only got to the ear of Tony a little late. Since then, Sergei has proven he belongs in the NHL, and may have proven that he's a good guy to have around.

Only time will tell though. As fans, we have NO idea how Sergei is behaving and whether or not he's worth keeping. Gainey, Martin and the key locker room guys are the ones with the best insight, and they'll decided what's best for the team.

The good news is, if Sergei still can't cooperate, at least he's playing very well, meaning he'll fetch a good return. A guy like Cogliano or a young player with some potential isn't totally out of the picture now.

Throw Laraque in with him, his time is up and I think even he knows it. Unless he's a very positive influence on the team, ship him out.
I would love Cogliano in Montreal, maybe even Jacques and Olivier Roy (goalie).

The one player I would love to get back from Edmonton is Souray, this guy has captain material written all over him and with him and Markov on the PP, I think we would easily put teams away with our special teams play.

MTL-rules 11-27-2009 09:07 AM

I don't see Gomez's name...

If Gainey trades Sergei for scraps, well... I was about to say he should be fired, but since he already deserves to be, I just want him to not do anything stupid... again.

Canadian_Brewtality 11-27-2009 09:13 AM

when did marinaro say this? this morning?

WestIslander 11-27-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

I don't see Gomez's name...

If Gainey trades Sergei for scraps, well... I was about to say he should be fired, but since he already deserves to be, I just want him to not do anything stupid... again.
I am a firm believer that Gainey will make the right move and if Sergei is traded, his brother goes too or they both stay in Montreal.

Besides that, I think that Pouliot will be much better and have a longer career than Latendresse and Gainey has and will WIN this trade by a mile.

Quote:

when did marinaro say this? this morning?
Yesterday or maybe the day before around noon!

Noldo 11-27-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 22334081)
According to Tony on the Team 990, there is a team out west interested in George Laraque! and another player currently on the roster.

According to Tony, Gainey was also offering the following players to the other 29 GM's in the league right after training camp:

- Stewart
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryzga lol (Post 22334202)
It's possible that these are old rumors. Considering Latendresse's name isn't relevant anymore in trade talks, this rumor may have only got to the ear of Tony a little late.

Reading throught the whole first post would indicate that this is at least partially old rumours. Nobody should be surprised if Gainey tried to find taker for Sergei after training camp.

Now, since Latendresse was subsequently trader, one can of course assume that Gainey would continue to shop these players around, but if S.Kost continue to show improved attitude after his AHL stint, I doubt he will be moved.

Bullsmith 11-27-2009 09:24 AM

Tony's said on the radio a couple of times that there is interest in BGL. Personally I can't understand why he wouldn't be shipped out first chance, the guy has contributed nothing for a long, long time now. Stewart already cleared waivers, has no value at all. Chipchura's getting four minutes when we have 2 games in 24 hours, not exactly a vote of confidence. If I was another team and wanted him, I'd expect to be able to pick him off waivers sometime soon.

That leaves SK as a guy who maybe has some trade value. Although I'd rather see him thrive with us, if he can get his act together.

otto bond 11-27-2009 09:34 AM

Sergei is has good has gone IF......IF the right deals comes. Remember that Sergei is a cheap skilled player with ego issue. I have a feeling that Martin wants to work with him.
BGL is a sad story. I guess that is why he never wanted to sign here to start. How can you truely know what is worth is.
Stewart is an interesting card to hold. Last year, he was playing great. I`m sure he didn`t get pick up cause many team are tight with money and cap space. Still, barely a pick or a mid prosect in terms of value. Seen like a side way move if he`s not package with someone else.
Chipchura has been the yoyo boy. Not sure if this guy can perform in the NHL. One thing the guy is, he`s a leader in all level but the NHL. What`s wrong here. Value wise, see Stew for this one but with better reward potential.
Halak.......this kid is a great goalie. He is the whole package. Problem is, MTL has Price who is the franchise. The problem here is, we have a great backup goalie that is still affordable. That is a valuable card and must only be played at the right time.
I`m sure some team have called Bob and ask to be called back if ever he did trade him........

Pascal 11-27-2009 09:37 AM

who cares what "Tony" has to say? He has already proven countless times that he's a media clown like most of the other ones in Montreal. And what a scoop he is giving us, he just listed all the obvious players the Habs might not want, even the guy who was just traded... lol.

Vards 11-27-2009 09:37 AM

Has Stewart actually cleared waivers?

He was sent to AHL for conditioning, which means he doesn't have to clear as far as I know.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

Canadian_Brewtality 11-27-2009 09:40 AM

BGL has virtually no trade value, they would maybe get a very late pick, or an ahler especially since he has another year on his contract and a bad back.

So, essentially i dont understand why a team would trade for this guy and give anything that would be beneficial. As much as Laraque is a liability, without Chip in the lineup and Stewart MIA, he is the only legitimate fighter in our lineup. Mara right now is too important to take 5 min majors, and Moen hasnt shown himself as a fighter on this team.

So in turn, he is more valuable to us right now, than anything people can offer us in return. Plus he is french, so once again Gainey would be looked upon as the modern day Hitler.

otto bond 11-27-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vards (Post 22334617)

He was sent to AHL for conditioning, which means he doesn't have to clear as far as I know.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

I`m thinking you are right....was not sure so.....

Maxpac 11-27-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 22334228)
Chipchura-Laraque-Halak

for

Stortini - Jacques - Deslauriers

What is your obssession with Stortini, he sucks at everything, including fighting, and why would we give up on Halak for 4th line players?

Marc the Habs Fan 11-27-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 22334081)

- Stewart
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn

Just pointing that part out before the Sergei lovers come in here and freak out.

Pascal, he was dead on Latendresse being on the block, for one.

Vards, Stewart cleared this week.

If a team is truly interested in BGL AND he wants to go there (remember, he has a NTC) and we don't have to pick up a deal that goes into next year, it MUST be done.

PyrettaBlaze 11-27-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

He did clear waivers.

Quote:

The Montreal Canadiens also announced that left winger Gregory Stewart has cleared waivers. Stewart was assigned to the Bulldogs for conditioning purposes on November 19.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=507299

Stradale 11-27-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

He was later put on waivers but was unclaimed IIRC. There was a thread about it here but i cant find.

JeromeHP 11-27-2009 10:00 AM

wtf? tony is the new eklund or what ? lol