HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rumor: Rumors thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=708115)

Acadmus 11-27-2009 12:07 PM

Rumors thread

Since people insist on posting rumors from every half-assed site on the web:D I'm going to start a dedicated, stickied thread for such garbage to be discussed.

Rumors may be posted here from any source. We'll take no responsibility for their validity. Bear in mind the rumor must still comply with HFBoard rules (i.e. nothing about a player's personal life, no libel, no outlandish claims of insider knowledge that hasn't been vetted by the board's administrators, etc.).

From henceforth, threads started about rumors will be deleted or moved here, whichever I or the other mods particularly feel like doing on the given day.

Georgia Panther 11-27-2009 06:05 PM

I heard a rumor that a New Jersey Born, Florida Transplant who moved to Northern Georgia five years ago who hates goalies and worships :bow: Mike Keenan :bow: read on an infamous internet site that is run by an idiot or genius (depending on how you view larceny) who has the nerve (balls) to charge people or fools (depending on how you view guliblity and/or stupidity) for the privilege (amusement) of reading made up hockey trade rumors that the Montreal Canadiens are hot and heavy for Nathan Horton and are in "deep discussions" with the Florida Panthers. The Habs reportedly are so in love with Horton they are willing to trade a "significant defensive prospect" for Florida's leading scorer because Florida certainly has offense to spare and thin in defensive prospects. :sarcasm:

Dread Clawz 11-27-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 22343343)
I heard a rumor that a New Jersey Born, Florida Transplant who moved to Northern Georgia five years ago who hates goalies and worships :bow: Mike Keenan :bow: read on an infamous internet site that is run by an idiot or genius (depending on how you view larceny) who has the nerve (balls) to charge people or fools (depending on how you view guliblity and/or stupidity) for the privilege (amusement) of reading made up hockey trade rumors that the Montreal Canadiens are hot and heavy for Nathan Horton and are in "deep discussions" with the Florida Panthers. The Habs reportedly are so in love with Horton they are willing to trade a "significant defensive prospect" for Florida's leading scorer because Florida certainly has offense to spare and thin in defensive prospects. :sarcasm:

LOL. The Habs don't even have any significant D prospects left good enough to trade for Horton. They already gave McDonagh away for free. Facepalm, Eklund.

Beezer 11-28-2009 09:03 AM

Horton has 20pts in 24 games so far this season and most of those were in the last 15 games. He is on fire right now so I doubt he will be traded. He has also meshed well with Weiss and Frolik! Helping both come out of a slump at the start of the season. IMO I think that line should stay together even when Booth comes back! Booth and Rhino could have good chemistry together!

Horton is finally starting to play to his potential and I think we should not mess with that line!

pb1300 11-28-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 22352465)
Horton has 20pts in 24 games so far this season and most of those were in the last 15 games. He is on fire right now so I doubt he will be traded. He has also meshed well with Weiss and Frolik! Helping both come out of a slump at the start of the season. IMO I think that line should stay together even when Booth comes back! Booth and Rhino could have good chemistry together!

Horton is finally starting to play to his potential and I think we should not mess with that line!

We should not mess with Horton at all! Whatever is happening off the ice, its really taking its toll on Nate. You can see that he is really enjoying himself right now, just watch his emotion when the team scores, not just himself. I think he is finally starting to notice his skill and take pride in his play, and its really showing! He is never going to be that superstar player for us, but for the amount he is paid, if he can contribute like this, he would be well worth it, and a BIG mistake to trade away.

Boooooth10 12-01-2009 04:45 AM

I know you guys are going to love this one.

"I am hearing some rather surprising stuff coming out of Florida and California tonight regarding the fact that the Panthers may have interest in Scott Gomez." -Eklund

Biggzy* 12-01-2009 07:21 AM

I'd take him on re-entry waivers.

RainingRats 12-01-2009 08:30 AM

I also would take Gomez on re-entry waivers. If I'm correct in believing his contract is half that for the entire term. He is 30 years old though and we would have him for 4 or 5 more years. At half price it isn't bad.

Georgia Panther 12-05-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 22343343)

This same person (obviously unbalanced and delusional) continued to read on that infamous website today that the Panthers and Montreal Canadians are not only in deep discussions about a trade involving Nathan Horton but actually are "closing in" on the trade which now involves a Western Canada team as part of a second trade. Horton must be packing his bags as I write!!!;):sarcasm::laugh:

Georgia Panther 12-05-2009 02:28 PM

Eklund is a joke but I could see Horton being moved if the Cats continue to struggle as the New Owners try to make a big splash to show that they care. Of course, a big name must be coming back to have any positive impact and such a name would be Phaneuf. Some offense would have to also be coming back so I can see maybe a Ballard and Allen or Leopold included to bring back a forward as well.

FlaPanthers7 12-05-2009 07:39 PM

I would not want a 30-year old Gomez even at half his salary for another 4-5 years. Yikes!

NJ_CATS_FAN 12-05-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 (Post 22495895)
I would not want a 30-year old Gomez even at half his salary for another 4-5 years. Yikes!

I agree. I do not want anything to do with Gomez. He has never impressed me.

jol 12-05-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN (Post 22500991)

Experience, he has probably more playoffs games than Panthers' whole team plus it would be a good marketing trick. I wonder if he speaks spanish.

JOL

Biggzy* 12-05-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN (Post 22500991)

Gomez is a really good player. Problem is, he should be making about half of what he makes.

Erick* 12-05-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jol (Post 22501287)
Experience, he has probably more playoffs games than Panthers' whole team plus it would be a good marketing trick. I wonder if he speaks spanish.

JOL

When the reason why we should sign him is this...I definitely don't want him. That's something the Panthers organization says when they sign an average player to make them look better. This isn't the same team they went to the playoffs with.

Gomez has a terrible contract. No thanks.

RatCat20 12-06-2009 01:50 AM

Gomez and Horton would be great together!!

Oh wait....:sarcasm:

I still think Horton is a #1 Center, set up man away from reaching his full potential.

Georgia Panther 12-06-2009 06:48 AM

With all the talk of "accountability" and establishing a "winning culture" by the new general partners as the losing streak continues and the Cats sit near the bottom of the standings, one can't help to wonder when the axe begins to fly. Kreps is the obvious choice as the short term sacificial lamb with a demotion to Rochester but if you take the new owners at their word, bigger fish need to fry. Garrioch writes this morning that Sexton has called every team in the league desperate to make a deal to save his job.

The word is Florida Panthers GM Randy Sexton is ready to hit the panic button and is dying to make a change. He can't afford not to make the playoffs and has called every team in the league looking to deal.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...55606-sun.html

Boooooth10 12-06-2009 07:41 AM

Then maybe they are looking to get rid of Horton. If we do I hope we're going to get more than just draft picks and ****ing Gomez.

FlaPanthers7 12-06-2009 10:45 AM

I really wish Eklund would stop using things like the Canadiens "closing in" on Horton. It's like a marathon of negotiations are going on which I just find ridiculous. I know we need a #1 center, but Gomez??? His contract is utterly ridiculous and is he really a #1 center anymore? Methinks not. Too bad we didn't go after Cammellari last summer...

Rattrick 12-06-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 (Post 22505264)
I really wish Eklund would stop using things like the Canadiens "closing in" on Horton. It's like a marathon of negotiations are going on which I just find ridiculous. I know we need a #1 center, but Gomez??? His contract is utterly ridiculous and is he really a #1 center anymore? Methinks not. Too bad we didn't go after Cammellari last summer...

Add to that, right now Weiss is playing like a #1 center. :shakehead

Panthers607 12-06-2009 05:18 PM

A Horton for Gomez trade would almost be in the same division as the Luongo trade...

Georgia Panther 12-11-2009 03:29 PM

Report: Panthers shopping Vokoun

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla091211.html

Laus723 12-11-2009 03:33 PM

TFP is a joke, GP, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they moved out any of those guys. I personally don't think Vokoun will be our goalie next season.

Dread Clawz 12-11-2009 03:36 PM

Hmm....Botta is supposedly credible, does a lot of Isles news. It's true we would have a hard time moving him during the season though. Not many teams really need a goalie of his caliber/can fit him under the cap. Deadline or draft would be better.

RainingRats 12-11-2009 03:41 PM

Vokoun for Gagne and Emery would make sense.