HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Jersey/Atlanta Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70916)

Jason MacIsaac 04-15-2004 03:27 AM

New Jersey/Atlanta Proposal

To New Jersey Devils - Kurtis Foster, 3rd
To Atlanta Thrashers - Jeff Friesen

This will give Atlanta some scoring grit up front and some more solid depth on the left side. Atlanta is fairly rich on big defensive prospects also.

NJ gets a risk with this huge two way defensmen in the mold of Rob Blake. Foster has a rocket from the point but plays a tough undicipline game. This should help NJ next year without their physical leader Scott Stevens.

Peter Sidorkiewicz 04-15-2004 05:25 AM

As a thrasher fan I'll probably go for that deal. I think friesen's two-way game would fit well in Atlanta and given that he is still in his prime (28) he could bounce back offensively after a down year this season.

I'll be fairly sad to see Foster go however because he is a very intriguing prospect. He has got a lot of good qualities and an awesome shot so it will be very interesting down the track if he can put it all together. He is always going to be a late developer and his progress (especially his defensive play) has been encouraging this year.

Safir* 04-15-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
To New Jersey Devils - Kurtis Foster, 3rd
To Atlanta Thrashers - Jeff Friesen

This will give Atlanta some scoring grit up front and some more solid depth on the left side. Atlanta is fairly rich on big defensive prospects also.

NJ gets a risk with this huge two way defensmen in the mold of Rob Blake. Foster has a rocket from the point but plays a tough undicipline game. This should help NJ next year without their physical leader Scott Stevens.

Good proposal :thumbu:

There's only one little issue with this deal and that's Friesens salary. He's making $3 Mil this year and that would make him the 3rd highest payed Thrasher (behind Dafoe & Kozlov.) Instead of given the money to Jeff, I rather see those dollars invested in Dany's and Ilya's new contracts.

friesen12 04-15-2004 04:38 PM

hopefully that will not happen :cry: :cry: :cry:

Peter Sidorkiewicz 04-15-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
Good proposal :thumbu:

There's only one little issue with this deal and that's Friesens salary. He's making $3 Mil this year and that would make him the 3rd highest payed Thrasher (behind Dafoe & Kozlov.) Instead of given the money to Jeff, I rather see those dollars invested in Dany's and Ilya's new contracts.

:blush: I didn't realise Friesen was making that much. With the new owners of the thrashers now on board, I think payroll will increase and Dany's and Ilya's contracts will be looked after. Dafoe won't be resigned so their will be an extra $3mil a season to be spent on a acquiring a player like Friesen or signing an UFA. My first preference would be to first look at getting a playmaking center for Kovalchuk such as a Zhamnov who is an UFA before looking to acquire a winger such as Friesen. Good proposal however.

Classic Devil 04-15-2004 09:21 PM

You have yourself a deal.

Friesen is easily replaceable. There is a lot of offensive talent growing in NJ's farm system, and all of Adrian Foster, Zach Parise, Aleksander Suglobov, and Tuomas Pihlman are ready or near ready to play in the NHL. We could use good D prospects. Done deal.

Missionhockey 04-15-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friesen12
hopefully that will not happen :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't care what he does the rest of the playoffs. I've really had it with him. The fact that he is a RFA might lower his value. I do think they can trade his rights but either way, I doubt he will be in an NJ uniform at the begining of the next season. He will not be re-signed.

Classic Devil 04-15-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionHockey
I don't care what he does the rest of the playoffs. I've really had it with him. The fact that he is a RFA might lower his value. I do think they can trade his rights but either way, I doubt he will be in an NJ uniform at the begining of the next season. He will not be re-signed.

I'm with you. Friesen has been a headcase. Sometimes he's brilliant, mostly he's useless. :banghead:

Edit: in NHL 2004 I traded him straight up for Mike York.... :)

Missionhockey 04-15-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
I'm with you. Friesen has been a headcase. Sometimes he's brilliant, mostly he's useless. :banghead:

Edit: in NHL 2004 I traded him straight up for Mike York.... :)

I traded Brenden Morrison for Ilya kovalchuk :lol:

ChiTown Flyer 04-15-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionHockey
I traded Brenden Morrison for Ilya kovalchuk :lol:

Luongo for my first, Heatly for Handzus. :win:

Missionhockey 04-15-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyInChi
Luongo for my first, Heatly for Handzus. :win:

Hmm well I selected Joe Thornton first in the fantasy draft, then traded him for Patrik Elias a season later, but we've gone pretty far OT...

Gibsons Finest 04-15-2004 11:26 PM

I traded Joffrey Lupul(created) and Mikael Holmqvist for Healtey.

About the proposal, it's more than fair. New Jersey might actually be cleanly winning here. Friesen was good in the playoffs, but since then, his face has been on the milk carton. He's also overpaid. Foster and maybe a third is good value. I just thank god every day we traded him away, along with another overpaid guy, Oleg Tverdovsky, and for Sykora and Niedermayer(R) yet.

btn 04-18-2004 05:30 PM

I'd do it, but the money issue is a concern for Atlanta.

They have to sign Heatley, Kovalchuk, and Savard among others, that will be some serious cash right there. I just do not know how much additional salary the Thrashers would be willing to take on this offseason.

Missionhockey 04-18-2004 06:58 PM

If he is surrounded with decent talent on his line I think he would perform well in Atlanta's system. I say a 60 point player.