HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Anyone going to the Phoenix game 12/12/09? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=709859)

HOOCH2173 12-02-2009 10:37 AM

Anyone going to the Phoenix game 12/12/09?

Just curious to see if anyone is making the trek to Phoenix or if any Shark fans in Phoenix will be at that game next Saturday?

Apparently the arena is practically giving away tickets especially in the lower bowl. A friend of mine picked up lower bowl for 35 bucks. 12 rows from the Ice.

royale 12-02-2009 10:59 AM

damn $35 and being that close? Sounds like they are hurting worst then the duckies...

stalockrox 12-02-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royale (Post 22427122)
damn $35 and being that close? Sounds like they are hurting worst then the duckies...

Can you tell me where your friend got the tickets? I'll likely be at the Phoenix game on New Years Eve. Thanks!

HOOCH2173 12-02-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milanahalek (Post 22427950)
Can you tell me where your friend got the tickets? I'll likely be at the Phoenix game on New Years Eve. Thanks!

He got them at the arena. It was their version of black friday I guess?

But that deal is now over. If you live there I would check with the Arena and see if they are doing any promotions for NYE game.

Colt45Blast 12-02-2009 12:45 PM

With the recent bankruptcy and economy only those who have the cash are willing to buy tickets at either gate value or at season ticket holder rate.
Until a new owner comes in to keep the team here lots of people will view the team as a lame duck franchise.

Anyways to answer your question from a Coyotes and Sharks fan in Phoenix there are lots of Sharks fans who attend the games considering that in a metro area of 4.1 million people and over 70% are transplants lots of the Sharks fans who attend the games used to live in California.

As a Coyotes Season ticket holder I might be able to get you a ticket but also come over to the Coyotes section and look for the sticky of the ticket exchange thread and others there will be able to help you on out where the most you would end up paying if you don't get a ticket is the STH holder rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get a free ticket I mean

krudmonk 12-02-2009 01:07 PM

Maybe I'm just cheap, but $35 is not "giving away." Then again, I've mostly sat in the upper bowl. I don't recall what the equivalent seats would run at HP.

TheGooooch 12-02-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krudmonk (Post 22429527)
Maybe I'm just cheap, but $35 is not "giving away." Then again, I've mostly sat in the upper bowl. I don't recall what the equivalent seats would run at HP.

My 10 pack is in section 205, row 11 and they are $37. I think that I am the last or second to last row for those though

SonomaShark 12-02-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 22429570)
My 10 pack is in section 205, row 11 and they are $37. I think that I am the last or second to last row for those though

That's funny... I'm in Section 205 Row 10 :)

Blackbear 12-03-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royale (Post 22427122)

The dickies are hurting because they charge $350 for seats near the glass. $50 for seats up at the international space station.

royale 12-03-2009 11:15 AM

This sounds like its going to be a mini-version of the Epic Infestation. I hope you guys have fun.

Just a heads up for those that are driving to Phoenix. Watch out for these highway patrol trucks parked along the side of the freeway. They have cameras in them that take pictures of speeders. It might be safer to just fly out there ;)

HOOCH2173 12-04-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royale (Post 22444921)
This sounds like its going to be a mini-version of the Epic Infestation. I hope you guys have fun.

Just a heads up for those that are driving to Phoenix. Watch out for these highway patrol trucks parked along the side of the freeway. They have cameras in them that take pictures of speeders. It might be safer to just fly out there ;)

This is why I am flying after the last ticket I got there 2 years ago. However this was a live cop that speed trapped me. and I wasn't even speeding. The cop is facing the wrong way in the median and he could take either side of the 10. Well he follows me for like 5 minutes before putting on the sirens. I was like dude if you're going to pull me over why wait 5 minutes? Anyway did my traffic school online while at work and that was the best investment I ever did for traffic school.

royale 12-04-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 (Post 22466865)
This is why I am flying after the last ticket I got there 2 years ago. However this was a live cop that speed trapped me. and I wasn't even speeding. The cop is facing the wrong way in the median and he could take either side of the 10. Well he follows me for like 5 minutes before putting on the sirens. I was like dude if you're going to pull me over why wait 5 minutes? Anyway did my traffic school online while at work and that was the best investment I ever did for traffic school.

Ouch! Either ways , after the fines and everything.. flying is definitely a better investment :D

HOOCH2173 12-07-2009 10:23 AM

So is anyone in on this trip or those that live in AZ going to this game?

HOOCH2173 12-11-2009 09:44 AM

Word see you guys in Phoenix in 8 hours!