HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Has anyone talked about this? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=70993)

The n00b King ©* 04-15-2004 11:30 AM

Has anyone talked about this?

as much as i hate seeing whats happening wiht the habs, and that i have faith in them still, theres one aspect of our game that would obviously have not put us in this precarious position had it been half way decent. youre thinking it boys, its our PP. think about it, if we scored on 4 occasions instead of 2 (out of like 33 or something) this series would have a totally different look. of course u can blame it on Theo too, but we wouldnt be doing it had we scored on some of these opportunities. i really dont know how come our PP is so bad. i mean think about it, back in the last series we made, we had a killer PP and the team was filled with jackasses....were triple the talent this year and were just putrid...it really is true, PP is what ultimately determines how "good" your team is...sigh

but i have faith!! it's not over until it's over.

HABitude 04-15-2004 11:36 AM

I have faith with the talent and hard working of the Habs. But I don't have faith in the referees. Fraser who clearly hate the Habs, then Magoo who is mediocre, also the line judges. The best referees are in the other series, Habs are stucked with mediocres referees. There is no respect to our historical franchise, that's a shame. We deserve quality referees.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-15-2004 11:40 AM

Well, the bruins were not better than the habs on the PP. Of course you can blame the PP... But IMO, we have so much more scoring chances than they did that the problem in this series always narrow down to one name, Jose Theodore.

Mooch 04-15-2004 11:42 AM

Ya many people have mentioned our horid PP. Its impossible to not recognize how bad it has been. Anyways, yes, your absolutely right, our PP needs to get better in order to win. However our PP has been getting a bit better lately, espicially with Kovalev picking up his game.

By the way did anybody watch sports central this morning, eastern addition, on the hockey panel with Bill waters, nik, and Garret. Garret said that Kovalev will be on a tear tonight, because of what he did. He said Kovalev wil try to make up for his "mistake"

I some what agree, thats assuming of course that Kovalev plays.

Mooch 04-15-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Well, the bruins were not better than the habs on the PP. Of course you can blame the PP... But IMO, we have so much more scoring chances than they did that the problem in this series always narrow down to one name, Jose Theodore.

Welcome back!

I guess theo's been bad enough for ya to show up, ehh ;)

Dont worry i agree, for now anyways!

:D

Capitano 04-15-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
as much as i hate seeing whats happening wiht the habs, and that i have faith in them still, theres one aspect of our game that would obviously have not put us in this precarious position had it been half way decent. youre thinking it boys, its our PP. think about it, if we scored on 4 occasions instead of 2 (out of like 33 or something) this series would have a totally different look. of course u can blame it on Theo too, but we wouldnt be doing it had we scored on some of these opportunities. i really dont know how come our PP is so bad. i mean think about it, back in the last series we made, we had a killer PP and the team was filled with jackasses....were triple the talent this year and were just putrid...it really is true, PP is what ultimately determines how "good" your team is...sigh

but i have faith!! it's not over until it's over.

Sure, the PP has been awful for us this series but our team philosophy was built around our goaltender being able to handle the first shot. Too many of those first shots have gone in for me not to blame Theo. No, Theo is the first to blame for the series thus far, no question about it.

Cap

Mooch 04-15-2004 12:38 PM

No question about that, i fully agree Cap. The PP is a secondary issue.

Capitano 04-15-2004 12:47 PM

The sad part is that I expected Theo to be the difference in our favour :(

Cap

Mooch 04-15-2004 12:48 PM

I think everyone did, after seeing what he did a few years ago against the Bruins.